Microsoft Picture It! 2002

Toni

Microsoft Picture It! 2002
Since installing Vista, I have not been able to run this program. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The program opens fine, but if I try
to do anything such as scanning or just bringing up a saved photo, a window
pops up saying that "Picture It! has stopped working, A problem caused the
program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify
you if a solution is available". I have never received a solution and can not
seem to find any information on microsoft's website.

I have tried a few modifications that I've read on the microsoft site in
regards to changing the combatibilty mode to windows XP (the previous system)
and changing the settings by disabling the desktop composition and also
running the program as an administrator. None corrected the issue.

Any help or a posible recommedation for a similiar program that is free
would be greatly appreciated.
John Inzer

Re: Microsoft Picture It! 2002
Toni wrote:
> Since installing Vista, I have not been able to run this program. I
> have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The program opens fine,
> but if I try to do anything such as scanning or just bringing up a
> saved photo, a window pops up saying that "Picture It! has stopped
> working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
> Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
> available". I have never received a solution and can not seem to find
> any information on microsoft's website.
>
> I have tried a few modifications that I've read on the microsoft site
> in regards to changing the combatibilty mode to windows XP (the
> previous system) and changing the settings by disabling the desktop
> composition and also running the program as an administrator. None
> corrected the issue.
>
> Any help or a posible recommedation for a similiar program that is
> free would be greatly appreciated.

================================
PI2002 will install on Vista...but will not run.

Certainly not the solution you want to hear...
but there are two options that may be worth
considering...if you have an older WinXP
machine, continue running it there. And if
you have a copy of WinXP that can be
activated you might consider running it in
a Virtual Machine inside Vista.

Geek to Live: Run Windows
XP inside Vista with Virtual PC
http://tinyurl.com/23mhl7

FWIW...Digital Image Suite Anniversary
Edition is optimized for Vista. (The Digital
Image line replaced Picture It!)

If you would like to try the 2006 program
there is a 60 day evaluation version that
is still available for download. This trial
is fully functional but does not include the
pre-formatted projects or clipart.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

MetalLace

Re: Microsoft Picture It! 2002

I know I'm probably bumping up an ancient post, but I actually found the
solution to this dilemma.
I know how great a program that Picture It! is, and I worked at this
for hours before I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
1. Explored the CD after it was in the drive, right clicked on "Setup",
and selected "Run as Administrator"
2. I selected the "minimum" installation, I haven't confirmed whether
it would work with the typical one yet, but it has all the same
features.
3. After installing, I right-clicked the program, and set the
compatibility back to "Windows 95", Disabled visual themes, and disabled
desktop composition, and selected "Run as administrator".

The program worked perfectly for me after this. Hope this helps the
other people who I know are struggling with this same problem

--
MetalLace
Dave

Re: Microsoft Picture It! 2002
Where there's a will, there's usually a way.
Good to hear you got it working.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

MetalLace wrote:
> I know I'm probably bumping up an ancient post, but I actually found
> the solution to this dilemma.
> I know how great a program that Picture It! is, and I worked at this
> for hours before I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
> 1. Explored the CD after it was in the drive, right clicked on
> "Setup", and selected "Run as Administrator"
> 2. I selected the "minimum" installation, I haven't confirmed whether
> it would work with the typical one yet, but it has all the same
> features.
> 3. After installing, I right-clicked the program, and set the
> compatibility back to "Windows 95", Disabled visual themes, and
> disabled desktop composition, and selected "Run as administrator".
>
> The program worked perfectly for me after this. Hope this helps the
> other people who I know are struggling with this same problem

==================================
Thanks for sharing this information.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

chihuahuasrus

Re: Microsoft Picture It! 2002
Loved the idea and I tried it..... to no avail. It still installs fine, and
starts up great, but when I try to do ANYTHING, it shuts down still
everytime. It's a shame Microsoft can't even make their own software
compatible, anything to get you to buy the latest version, which I hear is
"microsoft digital image suite 2006 anniversary edition". Looks like their
tactics worked, I have been using Picture it! 2002 for over 5 years now, and
I know that program frontwards and backwards. I'm not excited about learning
a new one, but what choice do I have???
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears!!

"MetalLace" wrote:

> I know I'm probably bumping up an ancient post, but I actually found the
> solution to this dilemma.
> I know how great a program that Picture It! is, and I worked at this
> for hours before I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:
> 1. Explored the CD after it was in the drive, right clicked on "Setup",
> and selected "Run as Administrator"
> 2. I selected the "minimum" installation, I haven't confirmed whether
> it would work with the typical one yet, but it has all the same
> features.
> 3. After installing, I right-clicked the program, and set the
> compatibility back to "Windows 95", Disabled visual themes, and disabled
> desktop composition, and selected "Run as administrator".
>
> The program worked perfectly for me after this. Hope this helps the
> other people who I know are struggling with this same problem
>

> --
> MetalLace

boiishuvo

Re: Microsoft Picture It! 2002

I finally found out and solved the issue that ables to access Microsoft
Picture it! Photos 2002. First thing, you do install it normally.
Second, after installing, go to Program Files and open the Microsoft
Picture It! 2002 folder, click Pip.exe with right-button mouse and then
click "Properties". Click "Compatibility" tab, change the program in
compatibility mode to "Windows 95" and then click OK.

Third, click a picture with right-button mouse and then run it with
Microsoft Picture It! 2002 (note: Do not open Microsoft Picture It!
Photo 2002 program from Start-Up or anywhere, otherwise the program will
stop. You only can open it with any picture.)

Enjoy! :geek:

--
boiishuvo