Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)

Cal Bear '66

Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
Latest (ver. 1.71) Realtek HD Audio Drivers:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Delboy

Re: Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
Hi Cal Bear '66

My Realtek Driver Is V 6.0.1.5413, DirectX V 10.1, Audio Controller HD
Audio, Audio Codec ALC888. Any time I check for updated drivers through
Control Panel/Device Mgr I am told Audio Drivers are up to date.

I d/ld ver1.71 and ran it. On rechecking Driver version, I am told V
6.0.1.53xx (can't remember the last 2 digits), which to my tiny brain all
suggests I have a later driver than the latest. <duh>

Anyway Roll Back was greyed out, so I system restored and got back my later
than latest drivers.

Any comments or explanations? since you seem to be a fairly knowledgeable
guy <flatter flatter>

--

Delboy

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Douglas Adams
"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Latest (ver. 1.71) Realtek HD Audio Drivers:
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>

> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
I would never trust the Device Manager check for updated drivers. I always go
the the manufacturer's web site for the latest drivers.

I have installed ver. 1.71, and the driver is ver. 6.0.1.5443 dated 7/10/2007.

I would uninstall your present Realtek drivers in Device Manager and uninstall
the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel > Programs and Features (Windows
will reinstall generic drivers when you do this. Go back to Device Manager and
uninstall the HD audio device again) -- REBOOT -- install ver. 1.71 -- REBOOT
again, and you should have 6.0.1.5443 correctly installed.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Delboy" <spamfree.delboy.hoy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
newsbCdnU0Dd-8u1gfbRVnyhgA@bt.com...
> Hi Cal Bear '66
>
> My Realtek Driver Is V 6.0.1.5413, DirectX V 10.1, Audio Controller HD Audio,
> Audio Codec ALC888. Any time I check for updated drivers through Control
> Panel/Device Mgr I am told Audio Drivers are up to date.
>
> I d/ld ver1.71 and ran it. On rechecking Driver version, I am told V
> 6.0.1.53xx (can't remember the last 2 digits), which to my tiny brain all
> suggests I have a later driver than the latest. <duh>
>
> Anyway Roll Back was greyed out, so I system restored and got back my later
> than latest drivers.
>
> Any comments or explanations? since you seem to be a fairly knowledgeable guy
> <flatter flatter>
>
> --
>
> Delboy
>
> A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
> foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
>
> Douglas Adams
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Latest (ver. 1.71) Realtek HD Audio Drivers:
>>
>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>>

>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Delboy

Re: Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
Tks Cal Bear '66, give it a whirl later.

--

>I would never trust the Device Manager check for updated drivers. I always
>go the the manufacturer's web site for the latest drivers.
>
> I have installed ver. 1.71, and the driver is ver. 6.0.1.5443 dated
> 7/10/2007.
>
> I would uninstall your present Realtek drivers in Device Manager and
> uninstall the Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel > Programs and
> Features (Windows will reinstall generic drivers when you do this. Go
> back to Device Manager and uninstall the HD audio device again) --
> REBOOT -- install ver. 1.71 -- REBOOT again, and you should have
> 6.0.1.5443 correctly installed.
>

> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Delboy" <spamfree.delboy.hoy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> newsbCdnU0Dd-8u1gfbRVnyhgA@bt.com...
>> Hi Cal Bear '66
>>
>> My Realtek Driver Is V 6.0.1.5413, DirectX V 10.1, Audio Controller HD
>> Audio, Audio Codec ALC888. Any time I check for updated drivers through
>> Control Panel/Device Mgr I am told Audio Drivers are up to date.
>>
>> I d/ld ver1.71 and ran it. On rechecking Driver version, I am told V
>> 6.0.1.53xx (can't remember the last 2 digits), which to my tiny brain all
>> suggests I have a later driver than the latest. <duh>
>>
>> Anyway Roll Back was greyed out, so I system restored and got back my
>> later than latest drivers.
>>
>> Any comments or explanations? since you seem to be a fairly knowledgeable
>> guy <flatter flatter>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Delboy
>>
>> A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
>> completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
>>
>> Douglas Adams
>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> Latest (ver. 1.71) Realtek HD Audio Drivers:
>>>
>>> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>>>

>>> --
>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Ryka

Re: Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
Thanks, Cal Bear 66. Got rid of the old one and installed the new one. Is
there a reason why they are updating the driver so often?

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Latest (ver. 1.71) Realtek HD Audio Drivers:
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false
>

> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Bi-Weekly Realtek HD Audio Driver Update (ver. 1.71)
Wish I knew why they release updates so often. Maybe they release an update
after each "improvement" instead of waiting for several. Although, I really
don't have any problems, and can't seem to tell the difference. Not much of a
clue reading the release notes either. But they do appear to be working hard to
improve and refine their drivers.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!