image preview

annex

image preview
The default program for .jpg files was set to Gallery, however, when I double
click on a jpg file that e.g. comes with an email, it opens Gallery, but NOT
the image I clicked to open. Nor can it be found. So I tried to change it to
the XP 'image preview' but was unable to find it.
Would anyone have any ideas if 1. gallery cannot open the image clicked on
and if it can, how to set that up, and 2. if 'Image Preview' no longer exists
in/for Vista?
This is very frustrating not to be able to perform such a basic task.
Pls help,
Anne
http://www.annestahl.com
Adam Albright

Re: image preview
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:20:01 -0700, annex
<annex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The default program for .jpg files was set to Gallery, however, when I double
>click on a jpg file that e.g. comes with an email, it opens Gallery, but NOT
>the image I clicked to open. Nor can it be found. So I tried to change it to
>the XP 'image preview' but was unable to find it.
>Would anyone have any ideas if 1. gallery cannot open the image clicked on
>and if it can, how to set that up, and 2. if 'Image Preview' no longer exists
>in/for Vista?
>This is very frustrating not to be able to perform such a basic task.
>Pls help,
>Anne
>http://www.annestahl.com

Files open with the application a particular file type is associated
with. If you double like on a JPG image IF that file type is
associated with Photo Gallery then that's what should open it.

You can view and change file associations from Control Panel, Default
Programs, the second choice on the list should bring up the master
file association list which will show all current associations and
allow you to change what application opens what file type.

The best way to view images without any third party applications in
Vista is to properly set up Windows Explorer. Select one of the icon
views, (those generate thumbnails, then under the Organize button
select Layout and Detail Pane. Now when you single click on a image is
will show a larger image in the Detail Pane EVEN if you select to show
file details so in effect you can have your cake and eat it too. When
you double click on a image it should open in Photo Gallery.