Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics

Scottlee2006

Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Can someone help me please. I am getting error messages that windows photo
gallery is unable to save edits to pics because of an error.

There seems to be no fixes available, no where to get assistance, microsoft
reps are telling me to restore my cp and I never created a restore point
until now.
Any ideas, a location to get a fix for the program?

Doesnt vista report these errors to microsoft ?

Dave

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
You need to post the exact error message, and describe exactly what you are
doing.
Where are the photos stored (drive & folder)?
How much disk space is available, etc.

"Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news39F2A79-EE0A-4632-9677-EA8C27229B69@microsoft.com...
> Can someone help me please. I am getting error messages that windows photo
> gallery is unable to save edits to pics because of an error.
>
> There seems to be no fixes available, no where to get assistance,
> microsoft
> reps are telling me to restore my cp and I never created a restore point
> until now.
> Any ideas, a location to get a fix for the program?
>
> Doesnt vista report these errors to microsoft ?

Scottlee2006

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form, I
have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics everyday
and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt to
make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window, it
normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error message
is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
experienced a problem"
Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
gallery and hp has no answers.

"Dave" wrote:

> You need to post the exact error message, and describe exactly what you are
> doing.
> Where are the photos stored (drive & folder)?
> How much disk space is available, etc.
>

> "Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news39F2A79-EE0A-4632-9677-EA8C27229B69@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone help me please. I am getting error messages that windows photo
> > gallery is unable to save edits to pics because of an error.
> >
> > There seems to be no fixes available, no where to get assistance,
> > microsoft
> > reps are telling me to restore my cp and I never created a restore point
> > until now.
> > Any ideas, a location to get a fix for the program?
> >
> > Doesnt vista report these errors to microsoft ?

Scottlee2006

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Also disk space isnt a problem, the problem lies within the program, where do
we get a fix for it ?

"Scottlee2006" wrote:

> Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
> My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form, I
> have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics everyday
> and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt to
> make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window, it
> normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error message
> is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
> experienced a problem"
> Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
> message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
> never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
> microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
> gallery and hp has no answers.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > You need to post the exact error message, and describe exactly what you are
> > doing.
> > Where are the photos stored (drive & folder)?
> > How much disk space is available, etc.
> >

> > "Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news39F2A79-EE0A-4632-9677-EA8C27229B69@microsoft.com...
> > > Can someone help me please. I am getting error messages that windows photo
> > > gallery is unable to save edits to pics because of an error.
> > >
> > > There seems to be no fixes available, no where to get assistance,
> > > microsoft
> > > reps are telling me to restore my cp and I never created a restore point
> > > until now.
> > > Any ideas, a location to get a fix for the program?
> > >
> > > Doesnt vista report these errors to microsoft ?

Dave

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Let me get this straight..
You open WPG
highlight a pic
click on Fix
crop, or whatever
click on the red x button to close WPG? Why not click on the "Back to
Gallery" button?

are these pics photos that you took, with the same camera?
are they downloaded images? that may be corrupt?
you're not trying to save them to C:\, or "My Pictures", or other off-limit
folders?

> Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
> My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form,
> have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics
> everyday
> and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt
> make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window,
> it
> normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error
> message
> is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
> experienced a problem"
> Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
> message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
> never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
> microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
> gallery and hp has no answers.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> You need to post the exact error message, and describe exactly what you
>> are
>> doing.
>> Where are the photos stored (drive & folder)?
>> How much disk space is available, etc.
>>

>> "Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news39F2A79-EE0A-4632-9677-EA8C27229B69@microsoft.com...
>> > Can someone help me please. I am getting error messages that windows
>> > photo
>> > gallery is unable to save edits to pics because of an error.
>> >
>> > There seems to be no fixes available, no where to get assistance,
>> > microsoft
>> > reps are telling me to restore my cp and I never created a restore
>> > point
>> > until now.
>> > Any ideas, a location to get a fix for the program?
>> >
>> > Doesnt vista report these errors to microsoft ?

Scottlee2006

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Dave regardless of how I attempt to save it, it is not saving it and it
gives the error message. The beautiful thing about WPG is you can pull up a
single pic in a folder, and the folder does not have to be in the photo
gallery, and it will still edit the pic, or it did, now it is not.

"Dave" wrote:

> Let me get this straight..
> You open WPG
> highlight a pic
> click on Fix
> crop, or whatever
> click on the red x button to close WPG? Why not click on the "Back to
> Gallery" button?
>
> are these pics photos that you took, with the same camera?
> are they downloaded images? that may be corrupt?
> you're not trying to save them to C:\, or "My Pictures", or other off-limit
> folders?
>

> "Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
> > My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form,
> > have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics
> > everyday
> > and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt
> > make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window,
> > it
> > normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error
> > message
> > is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
> > experienced a problem"
> > Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
> > message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
> > never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
> > microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
> > gallery and hp has no answers.
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to post the exact error message, and describe exactly what you
> >> are
> >> doing.
> >> Where are the photos stored (drive & folder)?
> >> How much disk space is available, etc.
> >>

> >> "Scottlee2006" <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news39F2A79-EE0A-4632-9677-EA8C27229B69@microsoft.com...

Adam Albright

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:12:05 -0700, Scottlee2006
<Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
>My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form, I
>have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics everyday
>and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt to
>make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window, it
>normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error message
>is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
>experienced a problem"
>Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
>message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
>never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
>microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
>gallery and hp has no answers.

WHY are you clicking on the X? That's not necessary! Just edit your
picture, then move on to the next by clicking the arrow button at
bottom stepping back. This also gives you a visual of the image you
just worked on so you can see if in fact it got saved in the edited
form or not.

Scottlee2006

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Adam, Thank you for trying to help, can we please not focus on the small
things, whether I click the x box off to save it or not, it isnt saving. If
Im editing one pic or two or 500 and choose to go to "file" then make a copy,
or to click to the next picture in the gallery, or to x the window closed, it
should be saving them and not giving the error message. The error message is
specific, its obviously a program issue and not operator issue, I have used
the program daily for 3 months now, and everyday it has worked properly and
now all of a sudden its giving me an error message. Thank you for your time.

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:12:05 -0700, Scottlee2006
> <Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi thank you for your reply to assist.
> >My pics are stored on my computer in a folder. The pics are in jpeg form, I
> >have had my laptop with vista for 3 months now, I have edited pics everyday
> >and have had no problems, now when I edit or crop a pic and either attempt to
> >make a copy or save by clicking the x box top right corner of the window, it
> >normally would save automatically, it wont save either way, the error message
> >is " Changes to this picture can't be saved because Photo Gallery has
> >experienced a problem"
> >Normally if a program has an error the system will prompt to send the
> >message to Microsoft, it doesnt do that. The reps tell me to restore and I
> >never created a restore point. There has to be a way to communicate with
> >microsoft so they can provide a fix, I can find no updates for the photo
> >gallery and hp has no answers.

> WHY are you clicking on the X? That's not necessary! Just edit your
> picture, then move on to the next by clicking the arrow button at
> bottom stepping back. This also gives you a visual of the image you
> just worked on so you can see if in fact it got saved in the edited
> form or not.

Adam Albright

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:00:00 -0700, Scottlee2006
<Scottlee2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Adam, Thank you for trying to help, can we please not focus on the small
>things, whether I click the x box off to save it or not, it isnt saving. If
>Im editing one pic or two or 500 and choose to go to "file" then make a copy,
>or to click to the next picture in the gallery, or to x the window closed, it
>should be saving them and not giving the error message. The error message is
>specific, its obviously a program issue and not operator issue, I have used
>the program daily for 3 months now, and everyday it has worked properly and
>now all of a sudden its giving me an error message. Thank you for your time.

You still haven't said WHAT the error message is so more specific help
can't be offered. If all Photo Galley says is a problem happened and
it needs to close then you need to go to Control Panel, Administrative
Tools, then Event Viewer. Look in the various logs and see if anything
specific is mentioned. You can also bring up the Reliability and
Performance Meter. Once you do, in the left pane, click on Reliability
Monitor, you should then see a chart plotted. Expand this window to
full screen so you can read it more clearly. You may or may not get
more information to go on.

Just off the top of my head the two most likely issues are something
has corrupted your install of Photo Galley and Windows may need to be
reinstalled, or there could be a conflict with another application
attempting to access the file at the same time, a file permission
issue, or just that you're hitting corrupt files.

Scottlee2006

Re: Windows Vista Photo Gallery not saving pics
Thanks Adam, the specific error message has been given within this post under
some to Dave, please read that