Problems with Movie Maker

Spikeys-World

Problems with Movie Maker
Hi - Just thought i would let you know - somethign really annoying within the
Windows Movie Maker program, or whatever it is called nowadays. When i have
uploaded my video and try to import it, the program crashes saying something
about trying to protect my PC from harm. I understand that Vista is designed
to be secure, but i do not appreciate the inconvenice caused by this. I would
much prefer if you could stop it from doing this, as i know the file is safe
and is not going to do any harm because i recorded it myself on my camera.

Thanks

Spikey

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
Joe

RE: Problems with Movie Maker
for some reason if u have a video codec installed (dont ask me what one, it
seems like on any fresh copy of vista i manage to get the wrong one on there
within a week) that vista doesnt like it just crashes movie maker every time.
its not an uncommon problem, and in the last 6 months the only answer ive
gotten from anyone is dont install codecs... im not sure how im supposed to
watch movies this being the case, but apperently you gotta choose movie
maker, or watching movies, you cant have both in vista.

"Spikeys-World" wrote:

> Hi - Just thought i would let you know - somethign really annoying within the
> Windows Movie Maker program, or whatever it is called nowadays. When i have
> uploaded my video and try to import it, the program crashes saying something
> about trying to protect my PC from harm. I understand that Vista is designed
> to be secure, but i do not appreciate the inconvenice caused by this. I would
> much prefer if you could stop it from doing this, as i know the file is safe
> and is not going to do any harm because i recorded it myself on my camera.
>
> Thanks
>
> Spikey
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

Spikeys-World

RE: Problems with Movie Maker
Hi - My problem was slightly different. I could hear the sound and video and
i know i need a codec. But when i tried to import the file into windows movie
maker no video is seen. It is therefore impossible to edit it.

"Joe" wrote:

> for some reason if u have a video codec installed (dont ask me what one, it
> seems like on any fresh copy of vista i manage to get the wrong one on there
> within a week) that vista doesnt like it just crashes movie maker every time.
> its not an uncommon problem, and in the last 6 months the only answer ive
> gotten from anyone is dont install codecs... im not sure how im supposed to
> watch movies this being the case, but apperently you gotta choose movie
> maker, or watching movies, you cant have both in vista.
>
> "Spikeys-World" wrote:
>
> > Hi - Just thought i would let you know - somethign really annoying within the
> > Windows Movie Maker program, or whatever it is called nowadays. When i have
> > uploaded my video and try to import it, the program crashes saying something
> > about trying to protect my PC from harm. I understand that Vista is designed
> > to be secure, but i do not appreciate the inconvenice caused by this. I would
> > much prefer if you could stop it from doing this, as i know the file is safe
> > and is not going to do any harm because i recorded it myself on my camera.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Spikey
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

Kennedy Moore

RE: Problems with Movie Maker
Oh Mr Gates...look what you've done...problems. So I'm eager to learn this
new version 6 movie maker btut as we all know version 6 is not abvailbale
yet. Mr Gates! I've downloaded my content and I'm ready to edit. I figured
out some basics, titles etc...but it's the TIMELINE that I'd like to master.
So where do I turn? The tutorial on the movie maker page sucks. Useless. From
what I've read I need to purchase the book regarding window movie maker 2
???? Any helpful driection would be appreciated.
--
Kennedy Moore
Impresario: