How to convert MP3 to WMA?

Lance

How to convert MP3 to WMA?
When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I have
Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the conversions.
Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!
Puppy Breath

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
Nope, you're not missing anything. Media Player is still a media player. It
doesn't convert file types. You still need an third-party conversion
program.

"Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I have
> Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the conversions.
> Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Lance

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
So which one is the best? Which works well with WMP11?

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> Nope, you're not missing anything. Media Player is still a media player. It
> doesn't convert file types. You still need an third-party conversion
> program.
>

> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I have
> > Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the conversions.
> > Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Dave

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
My Vista Home Premium has that ability.

Right click on a mp3, and select "Convert audio format"

"Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I have
> Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the conversions.
> Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Lance

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
I have Home Premium, and I do not see such an option when I right click.

"Dave" wrote:

> My Vista Home Premium has that ability.
>
> Right click on a mp3, and select "Convert audio format"
>

> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I have
> > Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the conversions.
> > Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Dave

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
Maybe it's left-over from XP MC 2005 that I upgraded from..???

Do you have the Windows Digital Media Enhancements? It includes the Dancer,
and Party Mode
Under Start - All Programs

I thought it came with Vista.

>I have Home Premium, and I do not see such an option when I right click.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> My Vista Home Premium has that ability.
>>
>> Right click on a mp3, and select "Convert audio format"
>>

>> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I had XP Media Bonus Pack, I could convert MP3s to WMA. Now I
>> > have
>> > Vista. I'd rather not use a third-party program to make the
>> > conversions.
>> > Can Media Player do this? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Lance

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
No, I don't think I have Digital Media Enhancements.

Story of my life.

"Dave" wrote:

> Maybe it's left-over from XP MC 2005 that I upgraded from..???
>
> Do you have the Windows Digital Media Enhancements? It includes the Dancer,
> and Party Mode
> Under Start - All Programs
>
> I thought it came with Vista.
>

> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Home Premium, and I do not see such an option when I right click.
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> My Vista Home Premium has that ability.
> >>
> >> Right click on a mp3, and select "Convert audio format"

Dave

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
I must have had this installed before Vista....
http://reviews.cnet.com/arts-music/m...-20828150.html

> No, I don't think I have Digital Media Enhancements.
>
> Story of my life.
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> Maybe it's left-over from XP MC 2005 that I upgraded from..???
>>
>> Do you have the Windows Digital Media Enhancements? It includes the
>> Dancer,
>> and Party Mode
>> Under Start - All Programs
>>
>> I thought it came with Vista.
>>

>> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have Home Premium, and I do not see such an option when I right click.

Lance

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
Hmmm. I just find it odd that Windows provides no way to convert other
formats to the Microsoft WMA format. Oh, well. I guess I'll download a
third-party program.

Thanks!

"Dave" wrote:

> I must have had this installed before Vista....
> http://reviews.cnet.com/arts-music/m...-20828150.html
>

> "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No, I don't think I have Digital Media Enhancements.
> >
> > Story of my life.
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe it's left-over from XP MC 2005 that I upgraded from..???
> >>
> >> Do you have the Windows Digital Media Enhancements? It includes the
> >> Dancer,
> >> and Party Mode
> >> Under Start - All Programs
> >>
> >> I thought it came with Vista.

David A. Spicer

Re: How to convert MP3 to WMA?
Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? It should be able to handle this.
Cats must knock the brush Mom uses on me into the garbage can just because.