Media center window always on top?

digau

Media center window always on top?
Is there any way to keep the small WMC window always on top, so I can watch
TV WHILE I work in other windows? I wish there was a sidebar gadget (not
streaming video but from TV tuner) for watching live cable! Thanks, Scot
Bob J

RE: Media center window always on top?
Play 'Live TV" in the top right hand corner you have the "X' plus 'shrink' >
right click and 'live ty' will shrink to smaller size, move around as normal.
Then open other programs as normal.
You will have to select to keep WMC on top of other windows.
I am watching tv as I write now.
--
Regards
Bob J

"digau" wrote:

> Is there any way to keep the small WMC window always on top, so I can watch
> TV WHILE I work in other windows? I wish there was a sidebar gadget (not
> streaming video but from TV tuner) for watching live cable! Thanks, Scot

Bob J

RE: Media center window always on top?
If you know how to size a window WMC can be sized to about a 5cm (2inch)
window and place it were ever you want.
--
Regards
Bob J

"digau" wrote:

> Is there any way to keep the small WMC window always on top, so I can watch
> TV WHILE I work in other windows? I wish there was a sidebar gadget (not
> streaming video but from TV tuner) for watching live cable! Thanks, Scot

digau

RE: Media center window always on top?
Thanks Bob, I know how to shrink TV window and move it around, I just get
tired of having to "click" to get it back on top of the other windows when I
am working in another window. I want it to stay on top, where it can always
be seen! Scot

"Bob J" wrote:

> If you know how to size a window WMC can be sized to about a 5cm (2inch)
> window and place it were ever you want.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "digau" wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to keep the small WMC window always on top, so I can watch
> > TV WHILE I work in other windows? I wish there was a sidebar gadget (not
> > streaming video but from TV tuner) for watching live cable! Thanks, Scot

Bob J

RE: Media center window always on top?
WMC > Setting > General > Windows Startup and Behaviour > WMC windows always
on top.
Sorry Mate, Did'nt read post properly.
--
Regards
Bob J

"digau" wrote:

> Thanks Bob, I know how to shrink TV window and move it around, I just get
> tired of having to "click" to get it back on top of the other windows when I
> am working in another window. I want it to stay on top, where it can always
> be seen! Scot
>
> "Bob J" wrote:
>
> > If you know how to size a window WMC can be sized to about a 5cm (2inch)
> > window and place it were ever you want.
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> >

> > "digau" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any way to keep the small WMC window always on top, so I can watch
> > > TV WHILE I work in other windows? I wish there was a sidebar gadget (not
> > > streaming video but from TV tuner) for watching live cable! Thanks, Scot

digau

RE: Media center window always on top?
Hey! Thanks a million!

"Bob J" wrote:

> WMC > Setting > General > Windows Startup and Behaviour > WMC windows always
> on top.
> Sorry Mate, Did'nt read post properly.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "digau" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Bob, I know how to shrink TV window and move it around, I just get
> > tired of having to "click" to get it back on top of the other windows when I
> > am working in another window. I want it to stay on top, where it can always
> > be seen! Scot
> >
> > "Bob J" wrote:
> >
> > > If you know how to size a window WMC can be sized to about a 5cm (2inch)
> > > window and place it were ever you want.
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Bob J

richfromtucson

RE: Media center window always on top?
I recently made the switch to Vista Home Premium on a "killer system" I built
and wonder the same thing. I have used many, many TV tuner cards and every
one of them had the "always on top" option. I like the simplicity of the MCE
Live TV but without the "always on top" feature, it is pretty worthless to
me. I have a brand new AVerTV Combo PCI-E tuner card that works OK with its
own software but the remote only works with MCE ... go figure! Unless there
is an answer to this issue soon, I just may scrap my tuner card usage and get
a separate small LCD TV ... way simpler to manage. Thanks, Scot ... at least
I am not alone in this frustration.
--
richdann

"richfromtucson" wrote:

> I recently made the switch to Vista Home Premium on a "killer system" I built
> and wonder the same thing. I have used many, many TV tuner cards and every
> one of them had the "always on top" option. I like the simplicity of the MCE
> Live TV but without the "always on top" feature, it is pretty worthless to
> me. I have a brand new AVerTV Combo PCI-E tuner card that works OK with its
> own software but the remote only works with MCE ... go figure! Unless there
> is an answer to this issue soon, I just may scrap my tuner card usage and get
> a separate small LCD TV ... way simpler to manage. Thanks, Scot ... at least
> I am not alone in this frustration.
> --
> richdann
>

> "digau" wrote:
>
> > Hey! Thanks a million!
> >
> > "Bob J" wrote:
> >
> > > WMC > Setting > General > Windows Startup and Behaviour > WMC windows always
> > > on top.
> > > Sorry Mate, Did'nt read post properly.
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > > Bob J

thedokes is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Media center window always on top?
Ok. I give up.How do I get to WMC? in vista to change the settings.