Movie maker project cannot play

Alvin Tam

Movie maker project cannot play
Hi

I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.

Has anyone encounter same problem?

Cheers,

Will

RE: Movie maker project cannot play

"Alvin Tam" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
>
> Has anyone encounter same problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> I've had it to. I can add things to storyboard and play them, but when I add a transition I can no longer play the storyboard. I can play the clips outside of the storyboard though, is this the same thing thats happening to you?

Anwar Chowdhury

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
I have experienced the same problem. I was working on a project and managed
to publish it as an avi file. I saved the file alright. Later I wanted to
make some more change to it. The story line would no longer play. Does
anybody know of any work arounds?

"Alvin Tam" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
>
> Has anyone encounter same problem?
>
> Cheers,

Molly

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
I created a project and made changes throughout the day. It always played
back fine. The minute I saved the project, something happened. I can open it
and I see that all the media are there but it won't play back. Is this the
same type of problem you had?

Thanks
"Anwar Chowdhury" wrote:

> I have experienced the same problem. I was working on a project and managed
> to publish it as an avi file. I saved the file alright. Later I wanted to
> make some more change to it. The story line would no longer play. Does
> anybody know of any work arounds?
>
> "Alvin Tam" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> > cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
> >
> > Has anyone encounter same problem?
> >
> > Cheers,

shamus

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
There are a bunch of posts on this board about this same problem. Looks like
we're stuck waiting for Microsoft to fix the problem. It makes me want to go
out and buy a real movie making program.

"Molly" wrote:

> I created a project and made changes throughout the day. It always played
> back fine. The minute I saved the project, something happened. I can open it
> and I see that all the media are there but it won't play back. Is this the
> same type of problem you had?
>
> Thanks
> "Anwar Chowdhury" wrote:
>
> > I have experienced the same problem. I was working on a project and managed
> > to publish it as an avi file. I saved the file alright. Later I wanted to
> > make some more change to it. The story line would no longer play. Does
> > anybody know of any work arounds?
> >
> > "Alvin Tam" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> > > cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
> > >
> > > Has anyone encounter same problem?
> > >
> > > Cheers,

Not Happy Bob

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
I have the same problem: Dig This, I went to DVD maker and selected my
movie, It made my DVD, COOL, Then went back to movie maker and it played
the first time I opened the file. CRAZY.
BUT, the next time I tried to open the same movie in Movie Maker, It
wouldn't play again.
PLEASE HELP ME MICROSOFT or Anyone.
Not Happy Bob

"Alvin Tam" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
>
> Has anyone encounter same problem?
>
> Cheers,

pugdog

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
Did anybody get any help with this yet? Same thing happened to me this
morning.

"Not Happy Bob" wrote:

> I have the same problem: Dig This, I went to DVD maker and selected my
> movie, It made my DVD, COOL, Then went back to movie maker and it played
> the first time I opened the file. CRAZY.
> BUT, the next time I tried to open the same movie in Movie Maker, It
> wouldn't play again.
> PLEASE HELP ME MICROSOFT or Anyone.
> Not Happy Bob
>

> "Alvin Tam" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> > cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
> >
> > Has anyone encounter same problem?
> >
> > Cheers,

Pistachio

RE: Movie maker project cannot play
same problem here. infuriating, wasted time - saved the project carefully all
along and then - it seems to be adding transitions that screws everything up
- kablooey!
so frustrating... perfectly good saved project file -- as though
cryogenically frozen awaiting the future cure from MS before it shall be
thawed out to breathe again! too bad i'm on a bit of a deadline.

c'mon guys, this totally blows!

"pugdog" wrote:

> Did anybody get any help with this yet? Same thing happened to me this
> morning.
>
> "Not Happy Bob" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem: Dig This, I went to DVD maker and selected my
> > movie, It made my DVD, COOL, Then went back to movie maker and it played
> > the first time I opened the file. CRAZY.
> > BUT, the next time I tried to open the same movie in Movie Maker, It
> > wouldn't play again.
> > PLEASE HELP ME MICROSOFT or Anyone.
> > Not Happy Bob
> >

> > "Alvin Tam" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have prepared a project using Movie Maker, it can play initially, but it
> > > cannot play after several versions. There have not been missing files.
> > >
> > > Has anyone encounter same problem?
> > >
> > > Cheers,

John Hanley

Re: Movie maker project cannot play
You will get good answers to your questions at this web site:

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/forums/

There are some real experts who help people on that site.

"Pistachio" <Pistachio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> same problem here. infuriating, wasted time - saved the project carefully
> all
> along and then - it seems to be adding transitions that screws everything
> up
> - kablooey!
> so frustrating... perfectly good saved project file -- as though
> cryogenically frozen awaiting the future cure from MS before it shall be
> thawed out to breathe again! too bad i'm on a bit of a deadline.
>
> c'mon guys, this totally blows!
>
> "pugdog" wrote:
>
>> Did anybody get any help with this yet? Same thing happened to me this
>> morning.
>>
>> "Not Happy Bob" wrote:
>>
>> > I have the same problem: Dig This, I went to DVD maker and selected
>> > my
>> > movie, It made my DVD, COOL, Then went back to movie maker and it
>> > played
>> > the first time I opened the file. CRAZY.
>> > BUT, the next time I tried to open the same movie in Movie Maker, It
>> > wouldn't play again.
>> > PLEASE HELP ME MICROSOFT or Anyone.
>> > Not Happy Bob

pugdog

Re: Movie maker project cannot play
Hey Everybody
I tried all kinds of things until about midnight. Then decided to "publish"
my movie to my computer just to see what happened. It actually played! Then
I went back to my project and there it was - UNFROZEN! I'm scared it will
happen again though. We need good answers.