can't cut and paste

fsmak08

can't cut and paste
i am having a problem saving pictures to the computer from any site and also
not able to cut and paste websites. when i right click it brings the window
up up it wont let me highlight any of the options. i have asked everyone that
i thought would have heard of this problem but none have vista. if anyone can
help it would be greatly appreciated.
Puppy Breath

Re: can't cut and paste
What browser are you using. In IE7 on Vista I can right-click a picture in a
Web page and choose Save Picture As to save it. I can also copy-and-paste a
picture from a Web site rignt into a folder, for that matter. It wouldn't
really make sense to try to copy and paste a Web page directly to a folder.
You'd have to paste it to an app like Word. Better yet, choose File > Save
As and save it to a folder as a .mht or .html file. You can definitely do
that in IE7 on Vista.

"fsmak08" <fsmak08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am having a problem saving pictures to the computer from any site and
>also
> not able to cut and paste websites. when i right click it brings the
> window
> up up it wont let me highlight any of the options. i have asked everyone
> that
> i thought would have heard of this problem but none have vista. if anyone
> can
> help it would be greatly appreciated.

fsmak08

Re: can't cut and paste
i dont know how to find out what browser i have and really the only problem i
am having is the options won't highlight so i can save things. and they won't
highlight for me to copy or cut and paste.

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> What browser are you using. In IE7 on Vista I can right-click a picture in a
> Web page and choose Save Picture As to save it. I can also copy-and-paste a
> picture from a Web site rignt into a folder, for that matter. It wouldn't
> really make sense to try to copy and paste a Web page directly to a folder.
> You'd have to paste it to an app like Word. Better yet, choose File > Save
> As and save it to a folder as a .mht or .html file. You can definitely do
> that in IE7 on Vista.
>

> "fsmak08" <fsmak08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i am having a problem saving pictures to the computer from any site and
> >also
> > not able to cut and paste websites. when i right click it brings the
> > window
> > up up it wont let me highlight any of the options. i have asked everyone
> > that
> > i thought would have heard of this problem but none have vista. if anyone
> > can
> > help it would be greatly appreciated.

Puppy Breath

Re: can't cut and paste
The name of the browser you're using is under or on the icon you use to open
the browser. And it's also in the upper left corner of the browser window.
Maybe if you can give us an example of what you're trying to save or copy,
and from where, someone could figure it out. Because for sure there's
nothing in Vista that would prevent you from saving or copy/pasting Web
content in Vista. It's no different from any other OS in that regard.

>i dont know how to find out what browser i have and really the only problem
> am having is the options won't highlight so i can save things. and they
> won't
> highlight for me to copy or cut and paste.
>
> "Puppy Breath" wrote:
>
>> What browser are you using. In IE7 on Vista I can right-click a picture
>> in a
>> Web page and choose Save Picture As to save it. I can also copy-and-paste
>> picture from a Web site rignt into a folder, for that matter. It wouldn't
>> really make sense to try to copy and paste a Web page directly to a
>> folder.
>> You'd have to paste it to an app like Word. Better yet, choose File >
>> Save
>> As and save it to a folder as a .mht or .html file. You can definitely do
>> that in IE7 on Vista.
>>

>> "fsmak08" <fsmak08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i am having a problem saving pictures to the computer from any site and
>> >also
>> > not able to cut and paste websites. when i right click it brings the
>> > window
>> > up up it wont let me highlight any of the options. i have asked
>> > everyone
>> > that
>> > i thought would have heard of this problem but none have vista. if
>> > anyone
>> > can
>> > help it would be greatly appreciated.

fsmak08

Re: can't cut and paste
well theres no website or page in particular. its all web pages and pics. if
i right click on a desktop icon it will highlight all the options but when i
am on a webpage and right click on a pic the only option it will let me
highlight is the very top one but you have to be at the very top of it before
it will highlight it. all other options it won't highlight.

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> The name of the browser you're using is under or on the icon you use to open
> the browser. And it's also in the upper left corner of the browser window.
> Maybe if you can give us an example of what you're trying to save or copy,
> and from where, someone could figure it out. Because for sure there's
> nothing in Vista that would prevent you from saving or copy/pasting Web
> content in Vista. It's no different from any other OS in that regard.
>

> "fsmak08" <fsmak08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i dont know how to find out what browser i have and really the only problem
> > am having is the options won't highlight so i can save things. and they
> > won't
> > highlight for me to copy or cut and paste.
> >
> > "Puppy Breath" wrote:
> >
> >> What browser are you using. In IE7 on Vista I can right-click a picture
> >> in a
> >> Web page and choose Save Picture As to save it. I can also copy-and-paste
> >> picture from a Web site rignt into a folder, for that matter. It wouldn't
> >> really make sense to try to copy and paste a Web page directly to a
> >> folder.
> >> You'd have to paste it to an app like Word. Better yet, choose File >
> >> Save
> >> As and save it to a folder as a .mht or .html file. You can definitely do
> >> that in IE7 on Vista.

Bob J

Re: can't cut and paste
Use the Snipping Tool feature