Media Player 11 stopped working

ShelliB

Media Player 11 stopped working
Windows Media Player 11 for Vista stopped working. Just purchased this
computer on Saturday...am pretty upset over this! When trying to play any
video or audio file it tells me it has encountered a problem. Web help just
gives me an error message COOD11B1 but offers no real solution. How can I
fix this? Any way to reinstall it?
ShelliB
Bob J

RE: Media Player 11 stopped working
Personally if the computer only purchased 3/4 days ago I would be asking the
seller to look into the problem and fix.
You could go to MS sight and download WMP 11 and reinstall!!!
--
Regards
Bob J

"ShelliB" wrote:

> Windows Media Player 11 for Vista stopped working. Just purchased this
> computer on Saturday...am pretty upset over this! When trying to play any
> video or audio file it tells me it has encountered a problem. Web help just
> gives me an error message COOD11B1 but offers no real solution. How can I
> fix this? Any way to reinstall it?
> ShelliB

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player 11 stopped working
Can NOT install Media Player downloaded for Microsoft on Vista.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Personally if the computer only purchased 3/4 days ago I would be asking the
> seller to look into the problem and fix.
> You could go to MS sight and download WMP 11 and reinstall!!!
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "ShelliB" wrote:
>
>> Windows Media Player 11 for Vista stopped working. Just purchased this
>> computer on Saturday...am pretty upset over this! When trying to play any
>> video or audio file it tells me it has encountered a problem. Web help just
>> gives me an error message COOD11B1 but offers no real solution. How can I
>> fix this? Any way to reinstall it?
>> ShelliB

CG

Re: Media Player 11 stopped working
I have a two month old laptop that Media Player has quit working on. I went
to the Microsoft homepage to look for help but cannot find any links to
actually contact them about this problem. They have a help page listed to
resolve the problem, but it did not work. If you try to install WP11 it
tells you it is included with Vista. Any ideas to help me resolve my problem?

So far I have been TERRIBLY disappointed with Vista. Wish I could
downgrade!!!!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Can NOT install Media Player downloaded for Microsoft on Vista.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Personally if the computer only purchased 3/4 days ago I would be asking the
> > seller to look into the problem and fix.
> > You could go to MS sight and download WMP 11 and reinstall!!!
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> >

> > "ShelliB" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Media Player 11 for Vista stopped working. Just purchased this
> >> computer on Saturday...am pretty upset over this! When trying to play any
> >> video or audio file it tells me it has encountered a problem. Web help just
> >> gives me an error message COOD11B1 but offers no real solution. How can I
> >> fix this? Any way to reinstall it?
> >> ShelliB

hrljr

Re: Media Player 11 stopped working
Be patient, Service Pack 1 is coming in November. It should fix most of
these problems and then create new ones.