Windows Media Center - recording

Eskild Kjær-Madsen

Windows Media Center - recording
All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
before installing Vista this was possible.
What can do to open this option in WMC?
--
eski0000
Bob J

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
Unless you have two tuners inlets, > you will have to disconnect your ant.
from tuner and connect your video outlets to the tuner with the correct cable
(and this will depend on what type of connections that are on the video
machine). Connect your ant. into Video Ant. In.
Put a tape in video and let it play.
Use WMC to >Scan for more services > (from the video)
You should retain your previous settings.

I hope you understand my instructions (this is the way I have it setup) and
it works perfect.
--
Regards
Bob J

"Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:

> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
> before installing Vista this was possible.
> What can do to open this option in WMC?
> --
> eski0000

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Media Center - recording
Does this tuner have line level audio inputs and a composite or S-video input
connector?

In MC setup, you can tell it to use these inputs instead of the antenna input.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unless you have two tuners inlets, > you will have to disconnect your ant.
> from tuner and connect your video outlets to the tuner with the correct cable
> (and this will depend on what type of connections that are on the video
> machine). Connect your ant. into Video Ant. In.
> Put a tape in video and let it play.
> Use WMC to >Scan for more services > (from the video)
> You should retain your previous settings.
>
> I hope you understand my instructions (this is the way I have it setup) and
> it works perfect.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "Eskild Kjr-Madsen" wrote:
>
>> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
>> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
>> before installing Vista this was possible.
>> What can do to open this option in WMC?
>> --
>> eski0000

Bob J

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
If you have digital TV input you will have to set it up as mentioned by Cal
Bear '66.
I do not have DTV reception.
--
Regards
Bob J

"Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:

> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
> before installing Vista this was possible.
> What can do to open this option in WMC?
> --
> eski0000

Eskild Kjær-Madsen

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
Thank you for your assistance, Bob J and Cal Bear '66.
I have only one - analog -TV-connection. And I have changed nothing to
that, only installed Vista. Therefore, I think, I should still be able to
come through.
Unfortunately I have that problem, that my WMC has Danish texting. So I have
not been able to find >Scan for more services<. Would you be so kind as to
describe a little more specific, how I can find it.
Another question: Where can I find a manual to WMC?
--
eski0000

"Bob J" wrote:

> If you have digital TV input you will have to set it up as mentioned by Cal
> Bear '66.
> I do not have DTV reception.
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:
>
> > All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
> > file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
> > before installing Vista this was possible.
> > What can do to open this option in WMC?
> > --
> > eski0000

Bob J

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
The setup of cables etc. is just think of your computer as a TV.
1. Ant cable connect to VCR > Ant. In
2. From VCR . Ant Out .connect to TV Tuner plug.
That's all the connection required.
Insert a tape into VCR and play (leave it running so you have transmission.)
Start WMC > select Live TV . right click on screen, a box should appear >
select > Settings.
In the next screen select > TV / next screen select > Scan for more services
(it should be the 4th item listed)
A box will appears giving the option of Yes / No > select Yes
Another box with a Yes/No option will appear > select Yes
The next screen will ask you if you want to "scan for more services" left
click on box .
Let it scan, when it has finished scanning it will give a list of services
found, click "next' and follow directions
There is a manual of the WMC Software, if you enter "Windows Media Center"
in search.

Let me know how things go.
--
Regards
Bob J

"Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:

> Thank you for your assistance, Bob J and Cal Bear '66.
> I have only one - analog -TV-connection. And I have changed nothing to
> that, only installed Vista. Therefore, I think, I should still be able to
> come through.
> Unfortunately I have that problem, that my WMC has Danish texting. So I have
> not been able to find >Scan for more services<. Would you be so kind as to
> describe a little more specific, how I can find it.
> Another question: Where can I find a manual to WMC?
> --
> eski0000
>

> "Bob J" wrote:
>
> > If you have digital TV input you will have to set it up as mentioned by Cal
> > Bear '66.
> > I do not have DTV reception.
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> >

> > "Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:
> >
> > > All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
> > > file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
> > > before installing Vista this was possible.
> > > What can do to open this option in WMC?
> > > --
> > > eski0000

Bob J

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
Check out link below it may assist >
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...r/default.mspx
--
Regards
Bob J

"Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:

> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record a
> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner. And
> before installing Vista this was possible.
> What can do to open this option in WMC?
> --
> eski0000

rwh

Re: Windows Media Center - recording
As far as I can tell, Media Center does not have the option to select
different input sources (i.e. analog or S-Video) from a video card/tv-tuner.
The only option would be "tricking" Media Center into thinking that your
analog device is a Satellite signal during setup. This would mean that you
would have to reconfigure the Media Center settings after you plug in the
analog device and then reconfigure it to Cable input to receive regular TV
after you capture what you want from your old analog device. This seems
like an awful waste of time. I don't understand why Media Center cannot
recognize the different input sources from different video cards.

It may be much easier if there were some sort of capturing software that
came with your tv-tuner card or available for download from the
manufacturer's web page to use instead of Media Center.

> Check out link below it may assist >
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...r/default.mspx
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:
>
>> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record
>> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner.
>> And
>> before installing Vista this was possible.
>> What can do to open this option in WMC?
>> --
>> eski0000

Bob J

Re: Windows Media Center - recording
There are other programs available , they are open source, check the the link
below >
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/
The are are others if you do a Google search.
I have not tried them.
--
Regards
Bob J

"rwh" wrote:

> As far as I can tell, Media Center does not have the option to select
> different input sources (i.e. analog or S-Video) from a video card/tv-tuner.
> The only option would be "tricking" Media Center into thinking that your
> analog device is a Satellite signal during setup. This would mean that you
> would have to reconfigure the Media Center settings after you plug in the
> analog device and then reconfigure it to Cable input to receive regular TV
> after you capture what you want from your old analog device. This seems
> like an awful waste of time. I don't understand why Media Center cannot
> recognize the different input sources from different video cards.
>
> It may be much easier if there were some sort of capturing software that
> came with your tv-tuner card or available for download from the
> manufacturer's web page to use instead of Media Center.
>

> "Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Check out link below it may assist >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...r/default.mspx
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> >

> > "Eskild Kjær-Madsen" wrote:
> >
> >> All accessable live channels are working perfectly. But I want to record
> >> file from my old analog video-machine. I have a Pinnacle 110i tv-tuner.
> >> And
> >> before installing Vista this was possible.
> >> What can do to open this option in WMC?
> >> --
> >> eski0000

Eskild Kjær-Madsen

RE: Windows Media Center - recording
Thank you - once again.
It seems to me, that 'rwh' is right. I can't find an option as the one, you
describe, Bob J.
Doing so, I get following - in Danish and with my translation in English

Indstillinger - Settings

TV

Optagelse - Recording
Programguide -
Konfigurer TV-signal - Configure TV-tignal
Konfigurer TV eller skærm - Configure TV og screen
Lyd - Sound
Undertekst - subtext

So - you see.

With kind regards