Vista Photo Screen Saver Customize

Tre

Vista Photo Screen Saver Customize
I am Using Vista 64 ultimate,
I am using the photo scrensaver, I am trying to show pics and not show
pictures in the screen saver by their tag.
I have moved the picture folder to my D:\ drive and my tages are
"show","Don't Show" (I have taged my pics already in the photo gallery under
properties>details.
When I go to screen saver proporties for this screen saver and I enter my
tages for pics I want in and pics I don't want to be shown in my screen saver
(under the "show with tag, don't show with tag"(respectivly) text boxes, and
I try to save my settings I get an error message "no pictures or video
matches the tags you have entered" and it won't save.
I have checked my tags and their spelling= no problem there
I have also checked the registry keys and it shows my picture folder being
on drive D:\, where I put it, I can enter my tages for show and don't show
there under lable and no lable Dward keys but still does not work, when I
save(wel close the registhy) the tag setting I set in the registry don't show
up under photo screen saver settings.
Any suggestions how to fix my tag problem, with out doing the obvious of
moving the pics I don't want in my screen saver to another folder?.
Other then this tag problem the screensaver appears to work as it should.
Thanks,
Tre
--
..
Jeff Geer

RE: Vista Photo Screen Saver Customize
Similarly,

I am using Windows Vista 32 Ultimate, and I am trying to specify multiple
tags to include in the Photos screen saver.

Microsoft's documentation says that I just need to use a semicolon, but when
I enter multiple tags, seperated by a semicolon in the 'With this tag' field,
I get a message box that says 'No pictures or videos match the tag you
entered.

(see:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...e1033.mspx#EUB)

However, when I enter the same text in the 'Don't show items tagged:' field,
I do not get an error message.

I would really like to specify multiple tags to show.

Jeff

"Tre" wrote:

> I am Using Vista 64 ultimate,
> I am using the photo scrensaver, I am trying to show pics and not show
> pictures in the screen saver by their tag.
> I have moved the picture folder to my D:\ drive and my tages are
> "show","Don't Show" (I have taged my pics already in the photo gallery under
> properties>details.
> When I go to screen saver proporties for this screen saver and I enter my
> tages for pics I want in and pics I don't want to be shown in my screen saver
> (under the "show with tag, don't show with tag"(respectivly) text boxes, and
> I try to save my settings I get an error message "no pictures or video
> matches the tags you have entered" and it won't save.
> I have checked my tags and their spelling= no problem there
> I have also checked the registry keys and it shows my picture folder being
> on drive D:\, where I put it, I can enter my tages for show and don't show
> there under lable and no lable Dward keys but still does not work, when I
> save(wel close the registhy) the tag setting I set in the registry don't show
> up under photo screen saver settings.
> Any suggestions how to fix my tag problem, with out doing the obvious of
> moving the pics I don't want in my screen saver to another folder?.
> Other then this tag problem the screensaver appears to work as it should.
> Thanks,
> Tre
> --
> .

molinodl is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Photo Screen Saver Customize
I am having the same problem. It works just fine if I put one and only one tag in the "With this tag field". If I put two or more separated by a semicolon as directed my Microsoft on help and multiple other online support pages, then I get the error "No pictures or videos match teh tag you entered". And BTW, putting multiple tags in the "Don't show items tagged" doesn't produce an error message but it also doesn't work. Items tagged and placed in the "don't show" category are indeed shown. It's as if the semicolon is not recognized. Anyone have a solution that does not involve the kluge of moving pictures to a separate folder just for the screen saver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Geer View Post
Similarly,

I am using Windows Vista 32 Ultimate, and I am trying to specify multiple
tags to include in the Photos screen saver.

Microsoft's documentation says that I just need to use a semicolon, but when
I enter multiple tags, seperated by a semicolon in the 'With this tag' field,
I get a message box that says 'No pictures or videos match the tag you
entered.

(see:
Use pictures as your screen saver)