photoshop elements 4.0

skycandy

photoshop elements 4.0
I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert, my
photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says the
application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other picture
program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me crazy and
I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from adobe
and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It was
working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night. Please
help. Thank You so much!
Adam Albright

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:32:00 -0700, skycandy
<skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert, my
>photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says the
>application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other picture
>program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
>computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me crazy and
>I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from adobe
>and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It was
>working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night. Please
>help. Thank You so much!

If it only started happening and was working ok before then first
thing I would try is a Restore Point which will return your system to
the state it was in prior to the problem.

Go to Vista's Help (from start button) type in Restore to learn more
on how to select a Restore point and what's involved. You can also
directly access what you need to do from the various help articles.

skycandy

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
Ok I tried that, it still wont work it just sits there and says "reading
Preferences" on the start up screen for photoshop. I haven't found any
relevent help answers on the forum either. Please help! thank You

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:32:00 -0700, skycandy
> <skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert, my
> >photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says the
> >application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other picture
> >program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
> >computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me crazy and
> >I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from adobe
> >and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It was
> >working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night. Please
> >help. Thank You so much!

> If it only started happening and was working ok before then first
> thing I would try is a Restore Point which will return your system to
> the state it was in prior to the problem.
>
> Go to Vista's Help (from start button) type in Restore to learn more
> on how to select a Restore point and what's involved. You can also
> directly access what you need to do from the various help articles.

dean-dean

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
You could try this. Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift immediately after (or while)
launching PhotoshopElements. A prompt will ask if you want to delete the
preferences file. Click Yes.

You could also try right-clicking on your PhotoshopElements shortcut, going
to the Compatibility tab, and choose "Run this program in compatibility mode
for Windows XP SP 2" (Apply, OK).

"skycandy" <skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok I tried that, it still wont work it just sits there and says "reading
> Preferences" on the start up screen for photoshop. I haven't found any
> relevent help answers on the forum either. Please help! thank You
>
> "Adam Albright" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:32:00 -0700, skycandy
>> <skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert,
>> >my
>> >photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says
>> >the
>> >application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other
>> >picture
>> >program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
>> >computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me
>> >crazy and
>> >I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from
>> >adobe
>> >and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It
>> >was
>> >working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night.
>> >Please
>> >help. Thank You so much!

>> If it only started happening and was working ok before then first
>> thing I would try is a Restore Point which will return your system to
>> the state it was in prior to the problem.
>>
>> Go to Vista's Help (from start button) type in Restore to learn more
>> on how to select a Restore point and what's involved. You can also
>> directly access what you need to do from the various help articles.

Barb Bowman

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
when I was using PSE 4, I had issues. I created a shortcur directly
to the editor bypassing the welcome screen or whatever it was which
helped significantly. I later got the upgrade to PSE 5 and have had
no problems at all.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
skycandy

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
I still cannot get the program to run. I ended up using my old computer for
the past few weeks to get what I needed to do done, but I need the program to
work on this new computer. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> when I was using PSE 4, I had issues. I created a shortcur directly
> to the editor bypassing the welcome screen or whatever it was which
> helped significantly. I later got the upgrade to PSE 5 and have had
> no problems at all.
>
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:32:00 -0700, skycandy
> <skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert, my
> >photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says the
> >application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other picture
> >program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
> >computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me crazy and
> >I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from adobe
> >and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It was
> >working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night. Please
> >help. Thank You so much!

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: photoshop elements 4.0
find the exe for the editor, right click and set it to run in XP
compatibility mode, then run as administrator. what happens?

Adobe isn't offering much help to users except to advise an upgrade
to the version they state is compatible.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:48:01 -0700, skycandy
<skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I still cannot get the program to run. I ended up using my old computer for
>the past few weeks to get what I needed to do done, but I need the program to
>work on this new computer. Any other suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks
>
>"Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
>> when I was using PSE 4, I had issues. I created a shortcur directly
>> to the editor bypassing the welcome screen or whatever it was which
>> helped significantly. I later got the upgrade to PSE 5 and have had
>> no problems at all.
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:32:00 -0700, skycandy
>> <skycandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have downloaded the applicable updates suggested by the windows alert, my
>> >photoshop program ran fine for about 2 days, now it won't load and says the
>> >application is not responding. Also when I try to go into any other picture
>> >program it shuts itself down and says windows had to shut it down. This
>> >computer is about 10 days old and came with vista, it is driving me crazy and
>> >I could really use some help. I've tried all the suggested tips from adobe
>> >and the FAQ solutions from windows. The program still will not load. It was
>> >working great as of yesterday afternoon, then started this last night. Please
>> >help. Thank You so much!

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP