Sony MiniDV camcorder to HP pavilion dv 9000 vista, audio missing

steve100

Sony MiniDV camcorder to HP pavilion dv 9000 vista, audio missing
Hi:
I hooked up my new Sony camcorder to HP notebook via iLink (firewire), but
only video comes through, how to get the audio come in?

The video looks great but no audio.
Please help.

Graham Hughes

Re: Sony MiniDV camcorder to HP pavilion dv 9000 vista, audio missing
Test all 3 items, cam/cable/pc with items you know work so you can see if
any are faulty.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"steve100" <steve100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I hooked up my new Sony camcorder to HP notebook via iLink (firewire), but
> only video comes through, how to get the audio come in?
>
> The video looks great but no audio.
> Please help.

steve100

DVD created by Vista causes xp Windows media player to lock up.
While, I found through further testing that the audio did come through by
click on the media file saved on my notebook, but the DVD burned from this
media file could not play on DVD players of other computers. The DVD only
plays fine only in my new notebook HP Pavilion DV 9000 where the DVD was
created.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Test all 3 items, cam/cable/pc with items you know work so you can see if
> any are faulty.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "steve100" <steve100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> > I hooked up my new Sony camcorder to HP notebook via iLink (firewire), but
> > only video comes through, how to get the audio come in?
> >
> > The video looks great but no audio.
> > Please help.

Graham Hughes

Re: DVD created by Vista causes xp Windows media player to lock up.
This sounds like a setting in the authoring/burning app which is not
finalising the dvd properly.
What are you using?
What settings?

--

> While, I found through further testing that the audio did come through by
> click on the media file saved on my notebook, but the DVD burned from this
> media file could not play on DVD players of other computers. The DVD only
> plays fine only in my new notebook HP Pavilion DV 9000 where the DVD was
> created.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> Test all 3 items, cam/cable/pc with items you know work so you can see if
>> any are faulty.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "steve100" <steve100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi:
>> > I hooked up my new Sony camcorder to HP notebook via iLink (firewire),
>> > but
>> > only video comes through, how to get the audio come in?
>> >
>> > The video looks great but no audio.
>> > Please help.

steve100

Re: DVD created by Vista causes xp Windows media player to lock up
I use Microsoft Movie maker