deleting windows media player files

phatmlke

deleting windows media player files
whenever i click the file button nin windows media player the dropbox comes
down and there files in it that i cant delete. it only allows me to open the
files. ive tried to right click on them but nothing happens.

i have windows vista if that makes a difference
dean-dean

Re: deleting windows media player files
Windows Media Player > Tools > Options... On the Privacy tab, click on
Clear History. You can also un-check "Save file and URL history in the
Player" for a more permanent solution.

"phatmlke" <phatmlke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> whenever i click the file button nin windows media player the dropbox
> comes
> down and there files in it that i cant delete. it only allows me to open
> the
> files. ive tried to right click on them but nothing happens.
>
> i have windows vista if that makes a difference

northfield joe

Re: deleting windows media player files
I tried this and the files are still in the drop box. I deleted the files
from the recent file in starty up and still not results.

"northfield joe" wrote:

> I tried this and the files are still in the drop box. I deleted the files
> from the recent file in starty up and still not results.
>
> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
> > Windows Media Player > Tools > Options... On the Privacy tab, click on
> > Clear History. You can also un-check "Save file and URL history in the
> > Player" for a more permanent solution.

I also tried this and the files are still in the open drop down box.