Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2007
kschultz44
 

Posts: n/a
DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
I don't know if anyone else had had this problem, but I somewhat successfully
burned movies to DVD using the Windows DVD Maker. Only problem is the sound
and picture are out of sync. I hear the sound first, then the picture to
match is about 2-3 seconds delayed. Anyone else had and/or solved this issue?

I also tried to burn the same files using Roxio and the DVD came out fine.
The sound & picture matched right up as it should. There's just something
wrong in the Windows DVD Maker software that causes this issue. I like the
menu options on the Windows software much more than the Roxio software so I'd
really like to figure out some way to make it work.

I've already wasted 3 DVDs thanks to the wonderful "help" at HP. Vista was
preloaded on my notebook so I don't think I can get support from Microsoft &
HP doesn't really have any knowledge about Windows products. Any help would
be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2007
kschultz44
 

Posts: n/a
RE: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
Anyone...?...?...?...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2007
stever99
 

Posts: n/a
RE: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
I have the exact same problem. Hopefully someone can help.

I also have another problem. I can only get the program to burn WMV files.
If I try to burn AVI the program crashes
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-26-2008
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
pinto35 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
audio sync out of whack.........
:i have the same problems with windows dvd maker it plays fine when viewing on the pc ,but when i put the movie on a dvd disk the sound is about 2 to 3 seconds behind the video ,at one point a scene had finished and faded out,and the audio was still running 10 seconds later from that scene.....obviously a problem with the windows dvd maker program.....im thinking of deleting it and trying a different dvd program ive wasted alot of disks on movies that i cant watch because of the destracting audio sync problems...
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2009
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Pluckerpluck is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
(I could be talking about a different problem here. If your audio sync problem is constant it is probably a problem with your decoders as I have seen in another thread. If it gradually gets worse, continue reading)

I have also had this problem. What I can tell you that this is a problem that takes place during the encoding.

I had similar problems when I tried to convert videos. If I set the framerate to that other than the original video, the audio sync would steadily get worse and worse.

I think that is what is happening here. If, for example, your original video is at 25fps and it converts it to the standard movie format of 23fps the video speed would change but not the audio. This is what causes it to fall out of sync gradually.

However there is little control over options to fix this in the DVD maker and so I cannot find a way to fix it, if anyone does find a way I would be grateful if they could tell me and everyone who has this problem.

Last edited by Pluckerpluck : 02-08-2009 at 23:57.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009
T1000's Avatar  

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2
T1000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckerpluck View Post
(I could be talking about a different problem here. If your audio sync problem is constant it is probably a problem with your decoders as I have seen in another thread. If it gradually gets worse, continue reading)

I have also had this problem. What I can tell you that this is a problem that takes place during the encoding.

I had similar problems when I tried to convert videos. If I set the framerate to that other than the original video, the audio sync would steadily get worse and worse.

I think that is what is happening here. If, for example, your original video is at 25fps and it converts it to the standard movie format of 23fps the video speed would change but not the audio. This is what causes it to fall out of sync gradually.

However there is little control over options to fix this in the DVD maker and so I cannot find a way to fix it, if anyone does find a way I would be grateful if they could tell me and everyone who has this problem.
I also have this problem with DVD Maker,I bought Roxio Creator 2009 with a video capture device I only bought for the device well the Roxio software is junk it is full of errors and doesn't work on my computer I'm using Vista Ultimate.Windows DVD Maker works great but sound is out of sync with video and gets progressively worse by the end of an hour video it is unbearable,reminds me of those old Japanese Godzilla movies.My computer records -+R /+-RW discs my dvd player also plays R & RW+- discs so I use the Rw discs until I can get it right this way I just erase and rewrite disc if it doesn't come out right this is a good way to avoid wasting discs.Once I get it all figured out I'll burn to DVD R discs this may help you guys.But if anyone finds an answer to this problem please post as we all can use some help with this Thank You !!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009
Justin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
T1000 wrote:
> Pluckerpluck;1162551 Wrote:
>> (I could be talking about a different problem here. If your audio sync
>> problem is constant it is probably a problem with your decoders as I
>> have seen in another thread. If it gradually gets worse, continue
>> reading)
>>
>> I have also had this problem. What I can tell you that this is a
>> problem that takes place during the encoding.
>>
>> I had similar problems when I tried to convert videos. If I set the
>> framerate to that other than the original video, the audio sync would
>> steadily get worse and worse.
>>
>> I think that is what is happening here. If, for example, your original
>> video is at 25fps and it converts it to the standard movie format of
>> 23fps the video speed would change but not the audio. This is what
>> causes it to fall out of sync gradually.
>>
>> However there is little control over options to fix this in the DVD
>> maker and so I cannot find a way to fix it, if anyone does find a way I
>> would be grateful if they could tell me and everyone who has this
>> problem.

>
> I also have this problem with DVD Maker,I bought Roxio Creator
> 2009 with a video capture device I only bought for the device well the
> Roxio software is junk it is full of errors and doesn't work on my
> computer I'm using Vista Ultimate.Windows DVD Maker works great but
> sound is out of sync with video and gets progressively worse by the end
> of an hour video it is unbearable,reminds me of those old Japanese
> Godzilla movies.My computer records -+R /+-RW discs my dvd player also
> plays R & RW+- discs so I use the Rw discs until I can get it right this
> way I just erase and rewrite disc if it doesn't come out right this is a
> good way to avoid wasting discs.Once I get it all figured out I'll burn
> to DVD R discs this may help you guys.But if anyone finds an answer to
> this problem please post as we all can use some help with this Thank You
> !!!!!!
>
>


I had the same problem with DVD maker, Roxio and Nero. I spent $100 on
Nero just to have out of sync audio.
The solution is simple - don't use it.
Export all of your video to DV and use a freeware app called DVD Flick
to make your DVDs.
I haven't had any problems since.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-30-2009
T1000's Avatar  

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2
T1000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: DVD Maker sound & picture out of snyc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
T1000 wrote:
> Pluckerpluck;1162551 Wrote:
>> (I could be talking about a different problem here. If your audio sync
>> problem is constant it is probably a problem with your decoders as I
>> have seen in another thread. If it gradually gets worse, continue
>> reading)
>>
>> I have also had this problem. What I can tell you that this is a
>> problem that takes place during the encoding.
>>
>> I had similar problems when I tried to convert videos. If I set the
>> framerate to that other than the original video, the audio sync would
>> steadily get worse and worse.
>>
>> I think that is what is happening here. If, for example, your original
>> video is at 25fps and it converts it to the standard movie format of
>> 23fps the video speed would change but not the audio. This is what
>> causes it to fall out of sync gradually.
>>
>> However there is little control over options to fix this in the DVD
>> maker and so I cannot find a way to fix it, if anyone does find a way I
>> would be grateful if they could tell me and everyone who has this
>> problem.
>
> I also have this problem with DVD Maker,I bought Roxio Creator
> 2009 with a video capture device I only bought for the device well the
> Roxio software is junk it is full of errors and doesn't work on my
> computer I'm using Vista Ultimate.Windows DVD Maker works great but
> sound is out of sync with video and gets progressively worse by the end
> of an hour video it is unbearable,reminds me of those old Japanese
> Godzilla movies.My computer records -+R /+-RW discs my dvd player also
> plays R & RW+- discs so I use the Rw discs until I can get it right this
> way I just erase and rewrite disc if it doesn't come out right this is a
> good way to avoid wasting discs.Once I get it all figured out I'll burn
> to DVD R discs this may help you guys.But if anyone finds an answer to
> this problem please post as we all can use some help with this Thank You
> !!!!!!
>
>


I had the same problem with DVD maker, Roxio and Nero. I spent $100 on
Nero just to have out of sync audio.
The solution is simple - don't use it.
Export all of your video to DV and use a freeware app called DVD Flick
to make your DVDs.
I haven't had any problems since.


Justin, YOU THE MAN !!!!! Thank You I'll let you know if it works for me and Thank You Again Regards ~ JOHN
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVD has great picture but no sound Elizabeth microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 07-12-2007 01:42
No sound in Movie Maker or DVD Maker mrpolitics microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 06-22-2007 20:26
Movie Maker & Dvd Maker sergio6 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 06-01-2007 16:01
No sound when recording TV when using DVD Maker in Vista =?Utf-8?B?TGF5d2FyZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 04:28




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120