replacement for windows media player

P. Cully

replacement for windows media player
I copied my whole library from XP to Vista and every song skips.
First I copied the library to an external drive.
I connected the external to vista and copied the library to the vista machine.
when the skipping started I connected the external back to my XP box and
played the music on the external drive. They play fine.
I connect the external to the Vista machine. I tried to play the music on
the external drive while connected to Vista and they all skip.
I copy them to the Vista machine and they all skip.
I can't uninstall the wonderful version of windows media that Bill so nicely
bundled with Vista so....
Any ideas?
Any third party players that people have found that work better on Vista.
I'm desperate. I'll buy one.
Necunoscut

RE: replacement for windows media player
The same thing happened to me with Media Player, good thing I don't actually
use it (I thought I'd test it first to see if it was any better than all the
other versions I never used)......Anyway I use Real Player and it plays all
media just fine, no skipping....You can download it from the site:
http://uk.real.com/player/

"P. Cully" wrote:

> I copied my whole library from XP to Vista and every song skips.
> First I copied the library to an external drive.
> I connected the external to vista and copied the library to the vista machine.
> when the skipping started I connected the external back to my XP box and
> played the music on the external drive. They play fine.
> I connect the external to the Vista machine. I tried to play the music on
> the external drive while connected to Vista and they all skip.
> I copy them to the Vista machine and they all skip.
> I can't uninstall the wonderful version of windows media that Bill so nicely
> bundled with Vista so....
> Any ideas?
> Any third party players that people have found that work better on Vista.
> I'm desperate. I'll buy one.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: replacement for windows media player

Is it skipping just at the end of the track? Is there an update available
for your sound card driver? Do you have Enhancements turned on in your
sound card settings?

--
Speaking for myself only.