Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off reg

sheldonj

Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off reg
Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly.
This also happens to DVD movies.
--
old dog trying to learn new tricks!
Cal Bear '66

Re: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off reg
In Control Panel > Device Manager, what is your audio adapter under Sound, video
and game controllers?

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista drivers for your audio
adapter?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"sheldonj" <sheldonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly.
> This also happens to DVD movies.
> --
> old dog trying to learn new tricks!

sheldonj

Re: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off
Device Manager: Two concontrollers under sound none under games.
1. Creative SBX-f1
2. Sigma Tel High Definiation Audio CODEC
I am not sure what the name of the sound card is. I have a Gateway FX530XV.
--

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> In Control Panel > Device Manager, what is your audio adapter under Sound, video
> and game controllers?
>
> Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista drivers for your audio
> adapter?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "sheldonj" <sheldonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly.
> > This also happens to DVD movies.
> > --
> > old dog trying to learn new tricks!

sheldonj

RE: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off reg
I don't see where my first reply got posted. So this is what I have and what
I have done. CP is Gateway FX530XV Intel Core 2, VISTA is OEM. Sound has
driver Creative SBX-Fi Audio Processor (WDM). I have a new StarTech 10/100
Mbps Ethernet PCI Card. This is the only new parts tht have been installed. I
have had to goto software manf. for several drivers, Quicktime is one that
hasn't gotten one yet. Some changes requires me to go into regedit and add
"old" to a line so the program would work. Nothing I have done has helped
with the sound problem.
--

"sheldonj" wrote:

> Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly.
> This also happens to DVD movies.
> --
> old dog trying to learn new tricks!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off
Have you downloaded and installed the latest Creative drivers.

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Also, right click the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar,
select Playback Devices and make sure Speakers is set as Default (the SPDIF
output is very unstable even in this latest driver version).

--

news8623BA2-E944-447E-BBEC-F8D2A2CCE317@microsoft.com...
> Device Manager: Two concontrollers under sound none under games.
> 1. Creative SBX-f1
> 2. Sigma Tel High Definiation Audio CODEC
> I am not sure what the name of the sound card is. I have a Gateway FX530XV.
> --
> old dog trying to learn new tricks!
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> In Control Panel > Device Manager, what is your audio adapter under Sound,
>> video
>> and game controllers?
>>
>> Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista drivers for your audio
>> adapter?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "sheldonj" <sheldonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off regularly.
>> > This also happens to DVD movies.
>> > --
>> > old dog trying to learn new tricks!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off
You might also want to go into your BIOS and disable the onboard Sigma Tel audio
adapter.

Do you have your speakers plugged into the X-Fi card?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Have you downloaded and installed the latest Creative drivers.
>
> http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/
>
> Also, right click the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar,
> select Playback Devices and make sure Speakers is set as Default (the SPDIF
> output is very unstable even in this latest driver version).
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "sheldonj" <sheldonj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news8623BA2-E944-447E-BBEC-F8D2A2CCE317@microsoft.com...
>> Device Manager: Two concontrollers under sound none under games.
>> 1. Creative SBX-f1
>> 2. Sigma Tel High Definiation Audio CODEC
>> I am not sure what the name of the sound card is. I have a Gateway FX530XV.
>> --
>> old dog trying to learn new tricks!
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>>
>>> In Control Panel > Device Manager, what is your audio adapter under Sound,
>>> video
>>> and game controllers?
>>>
>>> Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista drivers for your audio
>>> adapter?
>>>
>>> --
>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

sheldonj

Re: Sound from CD's and Flight sim are abrupt, unsteady, drops off
Having health problems with 102 year old mother will return later.