Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Buzzing sound..media player

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Buzzing sound..media player
There is no sound coming from my media player, just a buzz from my speakers
(headphones). I have removed my earphones from my speakers and plugged them
directly into the computer - still no joy! It is probably, I hope, something
simple as I'm no fundi. Help!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Buzzing sound..media player


"Dreamwalker" wrote:
There is no sound coming from my media player, just a buzz from my speakers
(headphones). I have removed my earphones from my speakers and plugged them
directly into the computer - still no joy! It is probably, I hope,
something
simple as I'm no fundi. Help!!

Editing to add: It sounds as if my media player is no longer connected to
the sound output(?) ...I don't know if I have expressed that correctly. It
was working when I turned my computer off this morning.

I came home and .... do have pc wizard and I was playing with that. Is it
possible that I have accidentally turned the player off? I am using Vista
Premium ... please let me know what other information may be required in
order to solve this.

Thanks in anticipation,
Dreamwalker.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player
What is your audio adapter in Device Manager?

Are you plugging your headphones into the speaker jack or the headphone jack on
your computer?

Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices. Right click in the window and select both Show
Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
Default?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ACF65836-D456-42DC-992A-BC3B4D58B1FB@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Dreamwalker" wrote:
> There is no sound coming from my media player, just a buzz from my speakers
> (headphones). I have removed my earphones from my speakers and plugged them
> directly into the computer - still no joy! It is probably, I hope,
> something
> simple as I'm no fundi. Help!!
>
> Editing to add: It sounds as if my media player is no longer connected to
> the sound output(?) ...I don't know if I have expressed that correctly. It
> was working when I turned my computer off this morning.
>
> I came home and .... do have pc wizard and I was playing with that. Is it
> possible that I have accidentally turned the player off? I am using Vista
> Premium ... please let me know what other information may be required in
> order to solve this.
>
> Thanks in anticipation,
> Dreamwalker.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player


"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> What is your audio adapter in Device Manager?
>
> Are you plugging your headphones into the speaker jack or the headphone jack on
> your computer?
>
> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> select Playback Devices. Right click in the window and select both Show
> Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
> Default?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ACF65836-D456-42DC-992A-BC3B4D58B1FB@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > "Dreamwalker" wrote:
> > There is no sound coming from my media player, just a buzz from my speakers
> > (headphones). I have removed my earphones from my speakers and plugged them
> > directly into the computer - still no joy! It is probably, I hope,
> > something
> > simple as I'm no fundi. Help!!
> >
> > Editing to add: It sounds as if my media player is no longer connected to
> > the sound output(?) ...I don't know if I have expressed that correctly. It
> > was working when I turned my computer off this morning.
> >
> > I came home and .... do have pc wizard and I was playing with that. Is it
> > possible that I have accidentally turned the player off? I am using Vista
> > Premium ... please let me know what other information may be required in
> > order to solve this.
> >
> > Thanks in anticipation,
> > Dreamwalker.

>

Thanks for replying Cal Bear

> My headphones are plugged into my speaker jack.


My audio device is High Definition Audio Controller, as shown on pc wizard.

(ASUSTeK Computer Inc)

You: Right click in the window and select both Show
> Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
> Default?


All I get there is: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) and it is ticked, and
working? Presumably the default. When I clicked both Disabled Devices and
Show Disconnected Devices nothing else shows up.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player

> Thanks for replying Cal Bear
>
> > My headphones are plugged into my speaker jack.

>
> My audio device is High Definition Audio Controller, as shown on pc wizard.
>
> (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
>
> You: Right click in the window and select both Show
> > Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
> > Default?

>
> All I get there is: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) and it is ticked, and
> working? Presumably the default. When I clicked both Disabled Devices and
> Show Disconnected Devices nothing else shows up.


Edit to add: I also installed LimeWire,. This wouldn't have anything to do
with it would it. (Wouldn't install properly either - compatibility issues I
imagine.)

I then tried to uninstall it, but I see I still have loads of Limewire files
on my pc. I'm afraid that in my case a little knowledge is a dangerous thing
I wouldn't have thought that this would affect my player in anyway?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player
SPDIF is digital (just a bit stream) and will definitely not provide an analog
output to drive your headphones, or your speakers unless they have a digital
decoder built in. You most certainly should have an entry for Speakers.

Sounds like you need to find proper audio device drivers and install them. What
is the manufacturer of your computer? Do you know the model number of your
motherboard? Have you been to their sites and looked for audio driver specific
to your exact model?

In Control Panel > Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers,
and right click on the audio adapter entry, select properties, Details tab, and
from the drop-down list select manufacturer. This would tell you where you need
to go for audio adapter drivers.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C907CEDF-71BE-426C-8EB5-5CBD96BFB776@microsoft.com...
>
>> Thanks for replying Cal Bear
>>
>> > My headphones are plugged into my speaker jack.

>>
>> My audio device is High Definition Audio Controller, as shown on pc wizard.
>>
>> (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
>>
>> You: Right click in the window and select both Show
>> > Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
>> > Default?

>>
>> All I get there is: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) and it is ticked, and
>> working? Presumably the default. When I clicked both Disabled Devices and
>> Show Disconnected Devices nothing else shows up.

>
> Edit to add: I also installed LimeWire,. This wouldn't have anything to do
> with it would it. (Wouldn't install properly either - compatibility issues I
> imagine.)
>
> I then tried to uninstall it, but I see I still have loads of Limewire files
> on my pc. I'm afraid that in my case a little knowledge is a dangerous thing
> I wouldn't have thought that this would affect my player in anyway?



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player
Hi again Cal Bear,

Sounds like you need to find proper audio device drivers and install them.
What
is the manufacturer of your computer?

It's an LG.

Do you know the model number of your motherboard?

Mainboard : Asus P5VD2-MX SE

When I click properties I get - High Definition Audio Device - manufacturer
is Microsoft.

Ilooked up this...I don't know if it helps? They're all ticked.

Driver files:
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dmk.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\HdAdio.sys
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\portcls.sys
C:\Windows\system32\SysxUl.dll
C:\Windows\system32\WMALFXGFXDSP.dll

Thanks again for all your help,
Dreamwalker.





"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> SPDIF is digital (just a bit stream) and will definitely not provide an analog
> output to drive your headphones, or your speakers unless they have a digital
> decoder built in. You most certainly should have an entry for Speakers.
>
> Sounds like you need to find proper audio device drivers and install them. What
> is the manufacturer of your computer? Do you know the model number of your
> motherboard? Have you been to their sites and looked for audio driver specific
> to your exact model?
>
> In Control Panel > Device Manager, expand the Sound, video and game controllers,
> and right click on the audio adapter entry, select properties, Details tab, and
> from the drop-down list select manufacturer. This would tell you where you need
> to go for audio adapter drivers.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C907CEDF-71BE-426C-8EB5-5CBD96BFB776@microsoft.com...
> >
> >> Thanks for replying Cal Bear
> >>
> >> > My headphones are plugged into my speaker jack.
> >>
> >> My audio device is High Definition Audio Controller, as shown on pc wizard.
> >>
> >> (ASUSTeK Computer Inc)
> >>
> >> You: Right click in the window and select both Show
> >> > Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. What device is selected as
> >> > Default?
> >>
> >> All I get there is: Digital Output Device (SPDIF) and it is ticked, and
> >> working? Presumably the default. When I clicked both Disabled Devices and
> >> Show Disconnected Devices nothing else shows up.

> >
> > Edit to add: I also installed LimeWire,. This wouldn't have anything to do
> > with it would it. (Wouldn't install properly either - compatibility issues I
> > imagine.)
> >
> > I then tried to uninstall it, but I see I still have loads of Limewire files
> > on my pc. I'm afraid that in my case a little knowledge is a dangerous thing
> > I wouldn't have thought that this would affect my player in anyway?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player


I did another system restore... but went further back this time, and Viola!!

My sound is back! Total mystery to me, but I'm not complaining. I only
wish I knew what had happened so that I could be sure of preventing this from
ever happening again. I'm studying, online course, and need the audio.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. It is truly appreciated,
if I could send you flowers I would

Thank-you once again,
Dreamwalker.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player
While your sound is now working again, you should go into Device Manager and
re-check the manufacturer of your audio device. (Microsoft does not make audio
adapters.) There may be updated drivers on the manufacturer's site, and if you
loose sound again you would have the proper drivers to install.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:12C3F38D-BA88-4382-9121-7AC0B9CBFD3B@microsoft.com...
>
>
> I did another system restore... but went further back this time, and Viola!!
>
> My sound is back! Total mystery to me, but I'm not complaining. I only
> wish I knew what had happened so that I could be sure of preventing this from
> ever happening again. I'm studying, online course, and need the audio.
>
> Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. It is truly appreciated,
> if I could send you flowers I would
>
> Thank-you once again,
> Dreamwalker.
>



Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2007
Dreamwalker
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Buzzing sound..media player
I will do that this morning. This a new, +/- 3 months old computer, and I
would hate to think I had been ripped off! Thanks.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> While your sound is now working again, you should go into Device Manager and
> re-check the manufacturer of your audio device. (Microsoft does not make audio
> adapters.) There may be updated drivers on the manufacturer's site, and if you
> loose sound again you would have the proper drivers to install.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "Dreamwalker" <Dreamwalker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:12C3F38D-BA88-4382-9121-7AC0B9CBFD3B@microsoft.com...
> >
> >
> > I did another system restore... but went further back this time, and Viola!!
> >
> > My sound is back! Total mystery to me, but I'm not complaining. I only
> > wish I knew what had happened so that I could be sure of preventing this from
> > ever happening again. I'm studying, online course, and need the audio.
> >
> > Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. It is truly appreciated,
> > if I could send you flowers I would
> >
> > Thank-you once again,
> > Dreamwalker.
> >

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Media Player sound quality Uncle Nobby microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 06-09-2007 02:36
No Sound after using Windows Media Player Debbie microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 05-21-2007 00:55
Media Player 11 No Sound on DVDs =?Utf-8?B?Um9iIE8nU2hlYQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-16-2007 01:50
Sound problem Media player =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG8wMDc=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 03-15-2007 12:18
no sound in Media center or media player =?Utf-8?B?Y2FsMTMxOQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-07-2007 02:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120