Video card does not meet minimum requirements

Charles

Video card does not meet minimum requirements
Hello all, when I try to use Windows DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker, I get
the following message: Video card does not meet minimum requirements. This is
simply not true, and if I had a Microsoft official in front of me, I would
like to grab him by the shirt and shake him or her (just kidding but I am
really frustrated) Here's the deal: I have an ATI Radeon 9250 series AGP
video card 128 MB that meets ALL Direct x 10 requirements, according to the
Direct X utility, but I know that the driver is not "Vista compatible"
according to the MS Hardware compatibility list. It works fine for all other
applications. I was able to install an alternative CD-DVD burner program and
was able to import digital video from my camera without a hitch. But hey I
have Windows Ultimate and I want to get what I paid for. Just to throw an
other interesting element in this question, I have two video cards in my pc,
because I sometimes use 2 monitors. In my Display Settings, the #1 card in
the list is only 64MB, while the #2 card is my 128 MB Radeon. Under the
Radeon Card, I have a checkmark next to "This is my main monitor". Is there
any hope or will I have to purchase another video card ? This one is less
than one year old. Thanks in advance for your support, Charles
Bob J

RE: Video card does not meet minimum requirements
Update your video drivers to Vista compatible from the manufacturers website,
if they are available.
Otherwise install new video cards(Vista Compatible)
--
Regards
Bob J

"Charles" wrote:

> Hello all, when I try to use Windows DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker, I get
> the following message: Video card does not meet minimum requirements. This is
> simply not true, and if I had a Microsoft official in front of me, I would
> like to grab him by the shirt and shake him or her (just kidding but I am
> really frustrated) Here's the deal: I have an ATI Radeon 9250 series AGP
> video card 128 MB that meets ALL Direct x 10 requirements, according to the
> Direct X utility, but I know that the driver is not "Vista compatible"
> according to the MS Hardware compatibility list. It works fine for all other
> applications. I was able to install an alternative CD-DVD burner program and
> was able to import digital video from my camera without a hitch. But hey I
> have Windows Ultimate and I want to get what I paid for. Just to throw an
> other interesting element in this question, I have two video cards in my pc,
> because I sometimes use 2 monitors. In my Display Settings, the #1 card in
> the list is only 64MB, while the #2 card is my 128 MB Radeon. Under the
> Radeon Card, I have a checkmark next to "This is my main monitor". Is there
> any hope or will I have to purchase another video card ? This one is less
> than one year old. Thanks in advance for your support, Charles

JW

Re: Video card does not meet minimum requirements
All 91xx and 92xx Radeon cards only have DirectX8 support onboard so there
are no ATI Vista drivers for them.

"Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news80476D5-5D11-40CC-A205-9988DDAF7A58@microsoft.com...
> Update your video drivers to Vista compatible from the manufacturers
> website,
> if they are available.
> Otherwise install new video cards(Vista Compatible)
> --
> Regards
> Bob J
>

> "Charles" wrote:
>
>> Hello all, when I try to use Windows DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker, I
>> get
>> the following message: Video card does not meet minimum requirements.
>> This is
>> simply not true, and if I had a Microsoft official in front of me, I
>> would
>> like to grab him by the shirt and shake him or her (just kidding but I am
>> really frustrated) Here's the deal: I have an ATI Radeon 9250 series AGP
>> video card 128 MB that meets ALL Direct x 10 requirements, according to
>> the
>> Direct X utility, but I know that the driver is not "Vista compatible"
>> according to the MS Hardware compatibility list. It works fine for all
>> other
>> applications. I was able to install an alternative CD-DVD burner program
>> and
>> was able to import digital video from my camera without a hitch. But hey
>> have Windows Ultimate and I want to get what I paid for. Just to throw an
>> other interesting element in this question, I have two video cards in my
>> pc,
>> because I sometimes use 2 monitors. In my Display Settings, the #1 card
>> in
>> the list is only 64MB, while the #2 card is my 128 MB Radeon. Under the
>> Radeon Card, I have a checkmark next to "This is my main monitor". Is
>> there
>> any hope or will I have to purchase another video card ? This one is less
>> than one year old. Thanks in advance for your support, Charles

BillMonty

Re: Video card does not meet minimum requirements
Yes this is correct. Whoever told you that a Radeon 9250 was DirectX 10
compatible gave you false information. The 9250 is a DX8 card.

"JW" wrote:

> All 91xx and 92xx Radeon cards only have DirectX8 support onboard so there
> are no ATI Vista drivers for them.
>
> "Bob J" <BobJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news80476D5-5D11-40CC-A205-9988DDAF7A58@microsoft.com...
> > Update your video drivers to Vista compatible from the manufacturers
> > website,
> > if they are available.
> > Otherwise install new video cards(Vista Compatible)
> > --
> > Regards
> > Bob J
> >

> > "Charles" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all, when I try to use Windows DVD maker or Windows Movie Maker, I
> >> get
> >> the following message: Video card does not meet minimum requirements.
> >> This is
> >> simply not true, and if I had a Microsoft official in front of me, I
> >> would
> >> like to grab him by the shirt and shake him or her (just kidding but I am
> >> really frustrated) Here's the deal: I have an ATI Radeon 9250 series AGP
> >> video card 128 MB that meets ALL Direct x 10 requirements, according to
> >> the
> >> Direct X utility, but I know that the driver is not "Vista compatible"
> >> according to the MS Hardware compatibility list. It works fine for all
> >> other
> >> applications. I was able to install an alternative CD-DVD burner program
> >> and
> >> was able to import digital video from my camera without a hitch. But hey
> >> have Windows Ultimate and I want to get what I paid for. Just to throw an
> >> other interesting element in this question, I have two video cards in my
> >> pc,
> >> because I sometimes use 2 monitors. In my Display Settings, the #1 card
> >> in
> >> the list is only 64MB, while the #2 card is my 128 MB Radeon. Under the
> >> Radeon Card, I have a checkmark next to "This is my main monitor". Is
> >> there
> >> any hope or will I have to purchase another video card ? This one is less
> >> than one year old. Thanks in advance for your support, Charles

Charles

RE: Video card does not meet minimum requirements
No one told me that the card met the direct x 10 requirement. When I ran the
Direct x utility, it responded by indicating that "There are no problems",
and that all video acceleration methods were enabled. I thought this meant it
was compatible. Thank you for your response. Charles.