How to stream video

Logan

How to stream video
Ok, Im using my windows media player and there is these sites with pictures
and when you click them it gives you a preview and it would open in Windows
media player without prompting me for DLing or anything, How do I make it
stream I believe its called streaming? I dont want it to prompt me to
download I want it to open and buffer and stream like before, I dont know how
it got changed. Help me please.
PaulB

RE: How to stream video
Go to tools in IE7 and then Internet options, Programs, manage add-ons and
make sure windows meadia player is enabled
--
Paul

"Logan" wrote:

> Ok, Im using my windows media player and there is these sites with pictures
> and when you click them it gives you a preview and it would open in Windows
> media player without prompting me for DLing or anything, How do I make it
> stream I believe its called streaming? I dont want it to prompt me to
> download I want it to open and buffer and stream like before, I dont know how
> it got changed. Help me please.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: How to stream video

If that doesn't work:
What's a sample URL that doesn't "stream" for you?
The most likely cause of streaming not working in this fashion is that the
file associations have been munged by a misbehaving third party application,
which makes Internet Explorer suspect possible security issues and thus
disallow the streaming behavior.

This would likely be a bug in the installer/associations for the other
player involved here...

--
Speaking for myself only.
"PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Go to tools in IE7 and then Internet options, Programs, manage add-ons and
> make sure windows meadia player is enabled
> --
> Paul
>

> "Logan" wrote:
>
>> Ok, Im using my windows media player and there is these sites with
>> pictures
>> and when you click them it gives you a preview and it would open in
>> Windows
>> media player without prompting me for DLing or anything, How do I make it
>> stream I believe its called streaming? I dont want it to prompt me to
>> download I want it to open and buffer and stream like before, I dont know
>> how
>> it got changed. Help me please.

hrljr

Re: How to stream video
Click on Start >Default Programs>Set Program Access and Computer
Defaults>Scroll down and select Windows Media Player as default.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> If that doesn't work:
> What's a sample URL that doesn't "stream" for you?
> The most likely cause of streaming not working in this fashion is that the
> file associations have been munged by a misbehaving third party
> application, which makes Internet Explorer suspect possible security
> issues and thus disallow the streaming behavior.
>
> This would likely be a bug in the installer/associations for the other
> player involved here...
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "PaulB" <PaulB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Go to tools in IE7 and then Internet options, Programs, manage add-ons
>> and
>> make sure windows meadia player is enabled
>> --
>> Paul
>>

>> "Logan" wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, Im using my windows media player and there is these sites with
>>> pictures
>>> and when you click them it gives you a preview and it would open in
>>> Windows
>>> media player without prompting me for DLing or anything, How do I make
>>> it
>>> stream I believe its called streaming? I dont want it to prompt me to
>>> download I want it to open and buffer and stream like before, I dont
>>> know how
>>> it got changed. Help me please.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: How to stream video

Yeah, but I'd still like to know who's munging the association. They
shouldn't be doing that - it should be indicative of a bug in that other
software that they would want to fix. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.