Windows Photo Gallery - How to import tagging information from Ado

KillAdobe

Windows Photo Gallery - How to import tagging information from Ado
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone out there can advise how tagging information from
Adobe Photoshop Album/ Adobe Photoshop Elements/ Adobe Lightroom catalogs.

Windows Photo Gallery appears to be everything I need for managing my
digital photos and movies, but I have no clue on how to import/ export
tagging information from other softwares.

Any help would be great.

Greg

Re: Windows Photo Gallery - How to import tagging information from Ado
I would be very careful using Photo Gallery to import files with tags added
by other programs. I have had it strip or overwrite tags when it imports
them. A couple of times it has even, when importing over a network,
corrupted jpgs entirely by writing over the jpg markers. When I download my
Olympus photos that were taken as part of a panorama, it writes over the
markers the camera put there to indicate it is part of a panorama, with
Photo Gallery markers specifying things like the folder you imported them
to. Then the panorama software no longer recognises them as a panorama and I
can't stitch them together. I have stopped using Photo Gallery entirely
until MS fix this problem. It is dangerous and destroys data.

"KillAdobe" <KillAdobe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone out there can advise how tagging information
> from
> Adobe Photoshop Album/ Adobe Photoshop Elements/ Adobe Lightroom catalogs.
>
> Windows Photo Gallery appears to be everything I need for managing my
> digital photos and movies, but I have no clue on how to import/ export
> tagging information from other softwares.
>
> Any help would be great.

KillAdobe

Re: Windows Photo Gallery - How to import tagging information from
Thanks a lot Greg on your inputs. Looks like I am caugh between the devil and
deeep sea.

Adobe on one hand just stops support photoshop album (not even updates for
vista) and
Microsoft on the other whch does not seem to deliver what is needed.