Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

CD

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
AT
 

Posts: n/a
CD
I have a vista H.P with DVD/CDRW it plays DVD fine .I am having a problem
burning music or file to CD. When I enter a blank CD it asks to formate and I
say ok after a few minute it says formating failed and I cant burn anything?
What do I need to do ? Thanks for any help or suggestion.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2007
Willy
 

Posts: n/a
CD formating
I am trying to format a CD. After a few minutes I get a message telling me
that Windows can't complete the formating. I am able to save a file to the CD
and can also open it. What is the significance of the message? I don't
understand what is happening


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2007
EliteKat
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CD formating
Is it a rewritable CD? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot erase data
from them.

"Willy" <Willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:336B4198-E3D7-429C-9FF8-CF098C39FC52@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to format a CD. After a few minutes I get a message telling me
> that Windows can't complete the formating. I am able to save a file to the
> CD
> and can also open it. What is the significance of the message? I don't
> understand what is happening
>
>

Is it a rewritable CD (CD-RW)? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot
erase data from them.
--
Cassandra
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments
that take your breath away.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2007
Willy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CD formating
Yes it is a new CD-RW. Windows tries to format. It gives me a message that it
can't complete. I can still save files to it and then open them. I do not
understand.

Later I was able to format a DVD and backup to it without trouble

"EliteKat" wrote:

> Is it a rewritable CD? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot erase data
> from them.
>
> "Willy" <Willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:336B4198-E3D7-429C-9FF8-CF098C39FC52@microsoft.com...
> > I am trying to format a CD. After a few minutes I get a message telling me
> > that Windows can't complete the formating. I am able to save a file to the
> > CD
> > and can also open it. What is the significance of the message? I don't
> > understand what is happening
> >
> >

> Is it a rewritable CD (CD-RW)? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot
> erase data from them.
> --
> Cassandra
> Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments
> that take your breath away.
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2007
Willy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CD formating
Yes this is a new CD-RW.

"EliteKat" wrote:

> Is it a rewritable CD? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot erase data
> from them.
>
> "Willy" <Willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:336B4198-E3D7-429C-9FF8-CF098C39FC52@microsoft.com...
> > I am trying to format a CD. After a few minutes I get a message telling me
> > that Windows can't complete the formating. I am able to save a file to the
> > CD
> > and can also open it. What is the significance of the message? I don't
> > understand what is happening
> >
> >

> Is it a rewritable CD (CD-RW)? You can't format a CD-R because you cannot
> erase data from them.
> --
> Cassandra
> Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments
> that take your breath away.
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2007
EditorMN
 

Posts: n/a
CD
I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?


"AT" wrote:

> I have a vista H.P with DVD/CDRW it plays DVD fine .I am having a problem
> burning music or file to CD. When I enter a blank CD it asks to formate and I
> say ok after a few minute it says formating failed and I cant burn anything?
> What do I need to do ? Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2007
Willy
 

Posts: n/a
CD
I bought Roxio

"EditorMN" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?
>
>
> "AT" wrote:
>
> > I have a vista H.P with DVD/CDRW it plays DVD fine .I am having a problem
> > burning music or file to CD. When I enter a blank CD it asks to formate and I
> > say ok after a few minute it says formating failed and I cant burn anything?
> > What do I need to do ? Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120