Vista Movie Maker - import quality.

Silverado23

Vista Movie Maker - import quality.
Is it possible to setup movie maker to import video from DV cameras at
something other than the highest resolution? We used to be able to import at
a relatively low resolution and keep the overall filesize small from start to
finish. We must have disk quotas enabled and typically the currently
imported video is nearly 1GB for 5 minutes or less. Our output video is
usually around 1MB or less for 5-10minute videos that are created. We also
found that when we have 2GB quotas we found Movie maker will generate
"unexpected" errors after 1GB of the disk quota has been used. Movie maker
also stops importing video when it generated the "unexpected" error
PaulB

RE: Vista Movie Maker - import quality.
You can import in different formats that allow for smaller sizes.
--
Paul

"Silverado23" wrote:

> Is it possible to setup movie maker to import video from DV cameras at
> something other than the highest resolution? We used to be able to import at
> a relatively low resolution and keep the overall filesize small from start to
> finish. We must have disk quotas enabled and typically the currently
> imported video is nearly 1GB for 5 minutes or less. Our output video is
> usually around 1MB or less for 5-10minute videos that are created. We also
> found that when we have 2GB quotas we found Movie maker will generate
> "unexpected" errors after 1GB of the disk quota has been used. Movie maker
> also stops importing video when it generated the "unexpected" error

Silverado23

RE: Vista Movie Maker - import quality.
Where in vista MM can you change the import quality when you import directly
from the Camera? The current work around is to import a clip from the
camera, drag it to the story board in a new project. Save it, then use the
import file feature using the DVD quality setting to create a clip of roughly
15MB for a file that started out as 500MB. This works but for 10minutes of
video we may need to repeat this 3-4 times to get the entire 10 minutes of
video. In the XP MM, You could select the quality of the video when importing
directly from the DV Camera.

"PaulB" wrote:

> You can import in different formats that allow for smaller sizes.
> --
> Paul
>

> "Silverado23" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to setup movie maker to import video from DV cameras at
> > something other than the highest resolution? We used to be able to import at
> > a relatively low resolution and keep the overall filesize small from start to
> > finish. We must have disk quotas enabled and typically the currently
> > imported video is nearly 1GB for 5 minutes or less. Our output video is
> > usually around 1MB or less for 5-10minute videos that are created. We also
> > found that when we have 2GB quotas we found Movie maker will generate
> > "unexpected" errors after 1GB of the disk quota has been used. Movie maker
> > also stops importing video when it generated the "unexpected" error

PaulB

RE: Vista Movie Maker - import quality.
When you select Import from DV camera, (assuming the camera is connected and
on) the screen that opens allows a selection of input formats.
--
Paul