WMP + MS Keyboard = problem with media keys

Hikari

WMP + MS Keyboard = problem with media keys
Hello,

I have Vista Ultimate x64 and Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A
(IntelliType for the system downloaded in January 2007, I think it shoud be
6.1).

I noticed a strange problem when I'm running Windows Media Player 11 and I
try to control it with media keys on the keyboard. Depending on the active
software* when I press any media button the command is performed two times:
- my WMP is playing, I press Play/Pause button and I see that within a
fraction of second WMP pauses and then starts playing again
- I press next button and WMP jums 2 songs ahead, etc.
I hope it's clear.

As I wrote before the occurence of the problem depends on the active
software. For instance when I'm using IE everyging is ok, but when I switch
to Outlook 2007 the problem strikes. Turning off all other programs does not
solve the issue.

Microsoft, is there any chance we can figure out some solution???

P.S.
* active software means the program I am using right NOW - when I'm typing
this post it is IE7 althugh in the background I'm using dozens of other
programs.
Martin Kup

RE: WMP + MS Keyboard = problem with media keys
I have same problem. Vista Ultimate 64bit, Quad Core, WMP 11, Wireless Laser
Desktop 6000 (keyboard v.2), IntelliTypePro - button Play/Pause is working,
only if WMP 11 window is focused, also is working, if is focused IE7, BUT IT
IS NOT WORKING, when is focused a window of other software (and also the
button is not working if is focused Windows Explorer window)... It seems to
me as a system problem, IntelliTypePro problem or driver problem. I have not
installed any other software for cooperating with keyboard, I have installed
only latest IntelliTypePro for Vista 64bit.

Hope somebody from Microsoft will try to find a solution. Thank you in
advance. Martin