Problem downloading pictures from camera

Beth

Problem downloading pictures from camera
My husband downloaded vacation pictures from our Canon PowerShot A95 camera
using the direct download feature w/ USB port as normal. However, he renamed
the folder "Florida" and it changed each photos JPG chronological number to
all read "Floriida" withoug unique numbers. As a result, he decided to
delete the pictures from the computer and download them from the camera
again. He was not able to do so, as the message from the resulting download
indicated, "no new pictures found." The pictures are on the disc in the
camera, because you can view them in the camera. Does anyone know how to
download pictures, if you are downloading for a 2nd time? I would greatly
appreciate anyone's help

Thanks
Dave

Re: Problem downloading pictures from camera
In Windows Photo gallery?
I just tried this...
imported photos, not deleting on camera
disconnected camera
deleted the photos in WPG
reconnected the camera
imported the same photos.

I also tried it without disconnecting the camera, and it worked also.

If you delete the photos in WPG, then I think you can re-import them.

"Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My husband downloaded vacation pictures from our Canon PowerShot A95
> camera
> using the direct download feature w/ USB port as normal. However, he
> renamed
> the folder "Florida" and it changed each photos JPG chronological number
> all read "Floriida" withoug unique numbers. As a result, he decided to
> delete the pictures from the computer and download them from the camera
> again. He was not able to do so, as the message from the resulting
> download
> indicated, "no new pictures found." The pictures are on the disc in the
> camera, because you can view them in the camera. Does anyone know how to
> download pictures, if you are downloading for a 2nd time? I would greatly
> appreciate anyone's help
>
> Thanks

WyattHawke

Re: Problem downloading pictures from camera

Beth, I just deleted the photo's in windows photo gallery you have to
remember to delete the TAG NAME also and then you can re-download your
photo's..all programs>windows photo gallery> delete photos and TAG NAME
on the left then redownload your photos---I hate vista LOL hope this
helps
Wyatt

--
WyattHawke
dbknox

WyattHawke;1177005 Wrote:
> Beth, I just deleted the photo's in windows photo gallery you have to
> remember to delete the TAG NAME also and then you can re-download your
> photo's..all programs>windows photo gallery> delete photos and TAG NAME
> on the left then redownload your photos---I hate vista LOL hope this
> helps
> Wyatt

You could also try making a new folder on your desktop and exploring
the camera drive ( the same way you explore all drives) and open the
folder with the pictures and select all then "copy and "paste" them to
the new folder. This is the way I do it, I never use my camera program
to upload my pictures.
Hope that helps you.

--
dbknox