Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.

WCiii

Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.
I've just imported about 2 hours of content from a digital camera. It is now
in the .wmv format. It plays fine when I double click it but when i open this
file with windows movie maker, it divides the file into clips. However, only
some of these clips play in the preview. The other clips only show a black
screen. I can't edit the movie at all if the clips don't play. How do I fix
this?
Lightbringer

RE: Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.
Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.

"WCiii" wrote:

> I've just imported about 2 hours of content from a digital camera. It is now
> in the .wmv format. It plays fine when I double click it but when i open this
> file with windows movie maker, it divides the file into clips. However, only
> some of these clips play in the preview. The other clips only show a black
> screen. I can't edit the movie at all if the clips don't play. How do I fix
> this?

Jeremy Drake

Re: Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.
I have a nearly similar problem where the preview shows nothing but a green
color with most formats except for DV, AVI, and WMV. I am wondering if it's
something in the registry that took an unnessessary change. Right now I have
to send my videos to another computer in my house to edit them in a
different editor.

"Lightbringer" <Lightbringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.
>
> "WCiii" wrote:
>
>> I've just imported about 2 hours of content from a digital camera. It is
>> now
>> in the .wmv format. It plays fine when I double click it but when i open
>> this
>> file with windows movie maker, it divides the file into clips. However,
>> only
>> some of these clips play in the preview. The other clips only show a
>> black
>> screen. I can't edit the movie at all if the clips don't play. How do I
>> fix
>> this?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.

What exact formats *are* showing green color... ?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Jeremy Drake" <sdsramza@live.com> wrote in message
>I have a nearly similar problem where the preview shows nothing but a green
>color with most formats except for DV, AVI, and WMV. I am wondering if it's
>something in the registry that took an unnessessary change. Right now I
>have to send my videos to another computer in my house to edit them in a
>different editor.
>
> "Lightbringer" <Lightbringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Did you get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.
>>
>> "WCiii" wrote:
>>
>>> I've just imported about 2 hours of content from a digital camera. It is
>>> now
>>> in the .wmv format. It plays fine when I double click it but when i open
>>> this
>>> file with windows movie maker, it divides the file into clips. However,
>>> only
>>> some of these clips play in the preview. The other clips only show a
>>> black
>>> screen. I can't edit the movie at all if the clips don't play. How do I
>>> fix
>>> this?

Blue

Re: Windows Movie Maker won't play clips.
Hello, I have the very same problem, so far my video is about 20 min long
with clips, and after my last clip i was trying to add more and when i add
them and hit play to preview it, it shows up all black. I open the file
manually and it views fine, i preview it in the import pane and it works
fine, but for some reason everything after my last working clip, when i add
it to the timeline it plays Black..anyone find the sollution to this problem,
im really trying to finish this video, please help =)