Color Temperature in Photo Gallery

Bigman32

Color Temperature in Photo Gallery
I recently installed Windows Vista Business on my PC. Before the upgrade, I
was using Roxio Easy Media Creator for my photos, videos, etc. Seeing ho
Microsoft has included a decent photo tool in Windows Vista (Photo Gallery) I
figured I'd give it a try before reinstallig Roxio. However, when I open any
of my pictures, the color temperature is all messued up. There is a brownish
haze on all of them that I can only fix by adjusting the color temperature
slider. Has anyone else run into this before? If so, how do you fix it? I
never had this problem with Roxio. The pictures always displayed the correct
colors from the start. Thanks for the help!
John Inzer

Re: Color Temperature in Photo Gallery
Bigman32 wrote:
> I recently installed Windows Vista Business on my PC. Before the
> upgrade, I was using Roxio Easy Media Creator for my photos, videos,
> etc. Seeing ho Microsoft has included a decent photo tool in Windows
> Vista (Photo Gallery) I figured I'd give it a try before reinstallig
> Roxio. However, when I open any of my pictures, the color
> temperature is all messued up. There is a brownish haze on all of
> them that I can only fix by adjusting the color temperature slider.
> Has anyone else run into this before? If so, how do you fix it? I
> never had this problem with Roxio. The pictures always displayed the
> correct colors from the start. Thanks for the help!

==================================
Maybe the following link will be worth a look:

Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery
http://tinyurl.com/33gxum

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

babaloo

Re: Color Temperature in Photo Gallery
Vista has a reported problem with color management.
Every time you get one of those idiot warning boxes, e.g. do you really want
to do the simple thing you have already clicked three boxes to affirm you
want to do it, Vista reportedly unloads monitor profile information from the
video driver.
What is listed as the profile may not be the active profile.
If you calibrate your monitor for color managed digital photography you have
to remember to reload this profile every *******g time.
Presumably you do not calibrate your laptop but do need to make sure that
the color profile is the generic one for your computer screen (its in there,
you just have to find it).