Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning

Spikeb17

Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
I have an HP dv6324us notebook. When I try to burn a picture slide show that
I made in Windows Movie Maker it pops out the disk when it is 99% complete
and says that there is an error but will not tell me what. I click the link
to get help and there it tells me to make sure the dvd burner is hooked up
and that if I am using videos that they are not corrupted. I do that, the
dvd burner is hooked up, and the videos are not corrupt but it still wont
burn. I have tried several different times with differnet size projects,
some with and some without videos and it always kicks it out at 99%.

What can I do? Is there a patch or anywhere I can reinstall the program?

thanks
Somebody

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
"Spikeb17" <Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an HP dv6324us notebook. When I try to burn a picture slide show
>that
> I made in Windows Movie Maker it pops out the disk when it is 99% complete
> and says that there is an error but will not tell me what. I click the
> link
> to get help and there it tells me to make sure the dvd burner is hooked up
> and that if I am using videos that they are not corrupted. I do that, the
> dvd burner is hooked up, and the videos are not corrupt but it still wont
> burn. I have tried several different times with differnet size projects,
> some with and some without videos and it always kicks it out at 99%.
>
> What can I do? Is there a patch or anywhere I can reinstall the program?
>

> thanks

Did you use enough starter fluid?

Somebody!

rwh

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
If your HP has Intel ViiV , try installing this update from HP:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en

This link is under HP M7760N computer updates but applies to all HP
computers with Intel ViiV and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).

I was having the same problem with my HP M7760N and this update resolved it
for me.

"Somebody" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Spikeb17" <Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have an HP dv6324us notebook. When I try to burn a picture slide show
>>that
>> I made in Windows Movie Maker it pops out the disk when it is 99%
>> complete
>> and says that there is an error but will not tell me what. I click the
>> link
>> to get help and there it tells me to make sure the dvd burner is hooked
>> up
>> and that if I am using videos that they are not corrupted. I do that,
>> the
>> dvd burner is hooked up, and the videos are not corrupt but it still wont
>> burn. I have tried several different times with differnet size projects,
>> some with and some without videos and it always kicks it out at 99%.
>>
>> What can I do? Is there a patch or anywhere I can reinstall the
>> program?
>>

>> thanks

> Did you use enough starter fluid?
>
> Somebody!

Spikeb17

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
I am not sure if I have HP Intel ViiV. All I know is that my computer is a
AMD Turion 64x2 procesoor with 120 GB Hard drive and 1 GB RAM.

IF I DO NOT HAVE INTEL VIIV AND DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE, WILL IT SCREW UP MY
COMPUTER???

> If your HP has Intel ViiV , try installing this update from HP:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en
>
> This link is under HP M7760N computer updates but applies to all HP
> computers with Intel ViiV and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).
>
> I was having the same problem with my HP M7760N and this update resolved it
> for me.
>

> "Somebody" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > "Spikeb17" <Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have an HP dv6324us notebook. When I try to burn a picture slide show
> >>that
> >> I made in Windows Movie Maker it pops out the disk when it is 99%
> >> complete
> >> and says that there is an error but will not tell me what. I click the
> >> link
> >> to get help and there it tells me to make sure the dvd burner is hooked
> >> up
> >> and that if I am using videos that they are not corrupted. I do that,
> >> the
> >> dvd burner is hooked up, and the videos are not corrupt but it still wont
> >> burn. I have tried several different times with differnet size projects,
> >> some with and some without videos and it always kicks it out at 99%.
> >>
> >> What can I do? Is there a patch or anywhere I can reinstall the
> >> program?
> >>

> >> thanks

> > Did you use enough starter fluid?
> >
> > Somebody!

Adam Albright

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:12:06 -0700, Spikeb17
<Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am not sure if I have HP Intel ViiV. All I know is that my computer is a
>AMD Turion 64x2 procesoor with 120 GB Hard drive and 1 GB RAM.
>

>IF I DO NOT HAVE INTEL VIIV AND DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE, WILL IT SCREW UP MY
>COMPUTER???

You need a ViiV-enabled HP product with Microsoft Windows Vista Home
Premium or Ultimate (32-bit) or the above suggestion won't do anything
for you. HP is brand of computer like Dell.

Your problem is often a sign that your burner needs a firmware update,
a BIOS update, maybe both or a Vista certified driver or it could be
bad media. If it always hangs at about 99% it sounds like your DVD
projects hang when trying to do the lead out phase which finishes
closing the tracks and writing critical data to the disc's directory.
If that isn't happening all you end up with is a useless DVD.

>> If your HP has Intel ViiV , try installing this update from HP:
>>
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en
>>
>> This link is under HP M7760N computer updates but applies to all HP
>> computers with Intel ViiV and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).
>>
>> I was having the same problem with my HP M7760N and this update resolved it
>> for me.
>>

>> "Somebody" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > "Spikeb17" <Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Did you use enough starter fluid?
>> >
>> > Somebody!

Spikeb17

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
OK. But if I do not have ViiV and I install the update will it screw up my
computer?

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:12:06 -0700, Spikeb17
> <Spikeb17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am not sure if I have HP Intel ViiV. All I know is that my computer is a
> >AMD Turion 64x2 procesoor with 120 GB Hard drive and 1 GB RAM.
> >

> >IF I DO NOT HAVE INTEL VIIV AND DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE, WILL IT SCREW UP MY
> >COMPUTER???

> You need a ViiV-enabled HP product with Microsoft Windows Vista Home
> Premium or Ultimate (32-bit) or the above suggestion won't do anything
> for you. HP is brand of computer like Dell.
>
> Your problem is often a sign that your burner needs a firmware update,
> a BIOS update, maybe both or a Vista certified driver or it could be
> bad media. If it always hangs at about 99% it sounds like your DVD
> projects hang when trying to do the lead out phase which finishes
> closing the tracks and writing critical data to the disc's directory.
> If that isn't happening all you end up with is a useless DVD.
>

> >> If your HP has Intel ViiV , try installing this update from HP:
> >>
> >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...2093&lang= en
> >>
> >> This link is under HP M7760N computer updates but applies to all HP
> >> computers with Intel ViiV and Vista Home Premium or Ultimate (32-bit).
> >>
> >> I was having the same problem with my HP M7760N and this update resolved it
> >> for me.

rwh

Re: Windows DVD Maker Wont finish burning
Your computer doesn't seem to have Intel ViiV (I checked it out on the HP
web page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN)
Also, it would, most likely, have an Intel Viiv logo sticker clearly visible
on the CP.

I would not try to apply that update ( it probably would not allow you to
anyways)

Here is a link to all the software updates that HP has released for your
computer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...duct=33 76893

I didn't see any DVD player firmware updates. There is a bios update that
probably should be installed. I would install any updated on the site that
have a newer version than what you currently have and see if the problem is
resolved.

If not, I would bet , as Adam mentioned that your burner needs a firmware
update. Find out what kind it is and search for an available update from HP
or the manufacturer.