Internet live audio and video feeds

ri12

Internet live audio and video feeds
need help....I can't hear or see live audio or video feeds on the internet...
Tim

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds
You need to help us first by posting more information. What player are you
using? What is the format of the streams? What is the speed of your internet
connection? The more information you provide, the greater the chances are of
solving the problem.

Tim

"ri12" <ri12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> need help....I can't hear or see live audio or video feeds on the
> internet...

ri12

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds
Thanx Tim...ok...i'm using the last version available i have WIndows vista..i
think is WMP 11....the streams I don't know much about that i think the
webpages end with .HTM ...The thing is that I was tryin' to listen to a
radio station trough their website and instead of the media player a box with
the little x on top appear....so the WMP din't load, also i was trying to
watch a tv station that provides their programs live on the internet with a
live feed but the same thing happens the box where the windows media player
is supposed to appear a box with the little x on top appear as if the player
din't load....When I try to watch the live channels or listen to the radio
stations in the windows media center the same thing happens the player
doesn't load....and an error message appears...it says that i don't have the
necesseary components to watch video or something like that....the message
also says that to reppair the problem I need to restart the media center but
again the same thing happens.....
Hopefully yo can help me....thanks a lot....

"Tim" wrote:

> You need to help us first by posting more information. What player are you
> using? What is the format of the streams? What is the speed of your internet
> connection? The more information you provide, the greater the chances are of
> solving the problem.
>
> Tim
>
> "ri12" <ri12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > need help....I can't hear or see live audio or video feeds on the
> > internet...

Tim

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds
Great...the additional information really helps. You need to know what kind
of player the web site wants you to use. Most of the time, the web page will
tell you what player you need up front...or they include a help/support
page. For example, you might need Real Player (you can get it free from
real.com) or you might need QuickTime (you can get that from apple.com).
Sometimes you can hover over the stream link and you can see in the lower
left portion of the IE window what the format extension is. If it's rv or
rm, you need Real Player...if it's mov, you need QuickTime. So, start with
determining what player you need to view the stream, download it, and
install it.

> Thanx Tim...ok...i'm using the last version available i have WIndows
> vista..i
> think is WMP 11....the streams I don't know much about that i think the
> webpages end with .HTM ...The thing is that I was tryin' to listen to a
> radio station trough their website and instead of the media player a box
> with
> the little x on top appear....so the WMP din't load, also i was trying to
> watch a tv station that provides their programs live on the internet with
> live feed but the same thing happens the box where the windows media
> player
> is supposed to appear a box with the little x on top appear as if the
> player
> din't load....When I try to watch the live channels or listen to the radio
> stations in the windows media center the same thing happens the player
> doesn't load....and an error message appears...it says that i don't have
> the
> necesseary components to watch video or something like that....the message
> also says that to reppair the problem I need to restart the media center
> but
> again the same thing happens.....
> Hopefully yo can help me....thanks a lot....
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> You need to help us first by posting more information. What player are
>> you
>> using? What is the format of the streams? What is the speed of your
>> internet
>> connection? The more information you provide, the greater the chances are
>> of
>> solving the problem.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "ri12" <ri12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > need help....I can't hear or see live audio or video feeds on the
>> > internet...

ri12

RE: Internet live audio and video feeds
Thanx's Tim....anyway...the webpage uses mediaplayer... is not only that
page....any page that uses mediaplayer the player doesn't load....even when
i'm trying to use the windows media center the player doesn't load....i
cannot see or listen to any media that uses the player online....i really
don't know whats happening lol....! thanx's for your time anyway
ri12

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds
Thanx's Tim...anyway....all the pages i have tried use mediaplayer....because
i had use them in other computers and the media player loaded nicely....i
have this problem with any page that uses the player online.....even when i
try to use the windows media center....the online channels and/or radio
stations that they provide the player doesn't load...and a error message
appears sayin' that i don't have the necessary components for playing
video...any page or aplication that uses media player online trough a
page...the player doesn'y load and this computer is brand new.....really i

"Tim" wrote:

> Great...the additional information really helps. You need to know what kind
> of player the web site wants you to use. Most of the time, the web page will
> tell you what player you need up front...or they include a help/support
> page. For example, you might need Real Player (you can get it free from
> real.com) or you might need QuickTime (you can get that from apple.com).
> Sometimes you can hover over the stream link and you can see in the lower
> left portion of the IE window what the format extension is. If it's rv or
> rm, you need Real Player...if it's mov, you need QuickTime. So, start with
> determining what player you need to view the stream, download it, and
> install it.
>
> Tim
>
> "ri12" <ri12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanx Tim...ok...i'm using the last version available i have WIndows
> > vista..i
> > think is WMP 11....the streams I don't know much about that i think the
> > webpages end with .HTM ...The thing is that I was tryin' to listen to a
> > radio station trough their website and instead of the media player a box
> > with
> > the little x on top appear....so the WMP din't load, also i was trying to
> > watch a tv station that provides their programs live on the internet with
> > live feed but the same thing happens the box where the windows media
> > player
> > is supposed to appear a box with the little x on top appear as if the
> > player
> > din't load....When I try to watch the live channels or listen to the radio
> > stations in the windows media center the same thing happens the player
> > doesn't load....and an error message appears...it says that i don't have
> > the
> > necesseary components to watch video or something like that....the message
> > also says that to reppair the problem I need to restart the media center
> > but
> > again the same thing happens.....
> > Hopefully yo can help me....thanks a lot....
> >
> > "Tim" wrote:
> >
> >> You need to help us first by posting more information. What player are
> >> you
> >> using? What is the format of the streams? What is the speed of your
> >> internet
> >> connection? The more information you provide, the greater the chances are
> >> of
> >> solving the problem.
> >>
> >> Tim

Tim

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds
Have you checked MS' support page? You may have a bad codec. Check out this
page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...vice/0106.mspx

There are plenty of other pages as well to check out...

> Thanx's Tim....anyway...the webpage uses mediaplayer... is not only that
> page....any page that uses mediaplayer the player doesn't load....even
> when
> i'm trying to use the windows media center the player doesn't load....i
> cannot see or listen to any media that uses the player online....i really
> don't know whats happening lol....! thanx's for your time anyway

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Internet live audio and video feeds

Does Windows Media Player itself load/play back local content?
Is Windows Media Player enabled in IE's Tools:Manage Add-ons?

--
Speaking for myself only.