Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Baseman
 

Posts: n/a
4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
I am an amature photographer and print all my own pictures. When I was on
XP, I was able to print 3 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the
print option under Photo and Fax Viewer. Now that I'm on Vista, I am only
able to print 2 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the included
print option in Vista. I cannot find an option to allow 3 4x6 pictures to be
printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper. To me, this is a waste of paper. Not
to mention the cost of the photo paper I use(over $1.00 per sheet). Without
using a 3rd party program to do this, how can I enable 3 pictures to be
printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper?

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Adam Albright
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:22:01 -0700, Baseman
<Baseman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am an amature photographer and print all my own pictures. When I was on
>XP, I was able to print 3 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the
>print option under Photo and Fax Viewer. Now that I'm on Vista, I am only
>able to print 2 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper using the included
>print option in Vista. I cannot find an option to allow 3 4x6 pictures to be
>printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper. To me, this is a waste of paper. Not
>to mention the cost of the photo paper I use(over $1.00 per sheet). Without
>using a 3rd party program to do this, how can I enable 3 pictures to be
>printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper?


How do you get three 4x6 prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet? That would be
eat up a matrix of 12 x 18. (4x3 + 6x3)

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
Adam Albright wrote:
> How do you get three 4x6 prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet? That would be
> eat up a matrix of 12 x 18. (4x3 + 6x3)

===============================
Two vertical, one horizontal...no problem.
Total space required...8 x 10.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Adam Albright
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:07:55 -0400, "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz>
wrote:

>Adam Albright wrote:
>> How do you get three 4x6 prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet? That would be
>> eat up a matrix of 12 x 18. (4x3 + 6x3)

>===============================
>Two vertical, one horizontal...no problem.
>Total space required...8 x 10.


So does Photo Galley have a template for that?

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
Adam Albright wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:07:55 -0400, "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz>
> wrote:
>
>> Adam Albright wrote:
>>> How do you get three 4x6 prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet? That would be
>>> eat up a matrix of 12 x 18. (4x3 + 6x3)

>> ===============================
>> Two vertical, one horizontal...no problem.
>> Total space required...8 x 10.

>
> So does Photo Galley have a template for that?

==============================
If it does...I cannot find it but XP did.

FWIW...MS Digital Image Suite includes
a large collection of printing templates
including one that prints 3 - 4x6s on an
8.5x11.

There's a 60 day trial version if anyone
would like to experiment with it.

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this offer is no longer being
promoted but I'm relatively sure
you can still download it and
run it for 60 days)

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Baseman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
Ok, so we agree that XP has this function. Now how can we get the 'all
knowing' people at Microsoft to make a change to Vista to allow this? And
I'm sure the Microsoft Digital Image Suite has the ability to print 3 4x6
pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet, but I'm not willing to try a 60 day trial
product and then have to pay for it after I have become dependant on it! So
Microsoft, can you please make a change to Vista to allow 3 4x6 pictures to
be printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of paper.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
Baseman wrote:
> Ok, so we agree that XP has this function. Now how can we get the
> 'all knowing' people at Microsoft to make a change to Vista to allow
> this? And I'm sure the Microsoft Digital Image Suite has the ability
> to print 3 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet, but I'm not willing to
> try a 60 day trial product and then have to pay for it after I have
> become dependant on it! So Microsoft, can you please make a change
> to Vista to allow 3 4x6 pictures to be printed on one 8.5x11 sheet of
> paper.

===========================
At the following link you can submit
video, audio and/or text that describes
your suggestions.

Dear Microsoft
http://tinyurl.com/26b395
(scroll to bottom of page)


--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
Adam Albright
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:53:47 -0400, "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz>
wrote:

>Adam Albright wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 12:07:55 -0400, "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Adam Albright wrote:
>>>> How do you get three 4x6 prints on a 8.5 x 11 sheet? That would be
>>>> eat up a matrix of 12 x 18. (4x3 + 6x3)
>>> ===============================
>>> Two vertical, one horizontal...no problem.
>>> Total space required...8 x 10.

>>
>> So does Photo Galley have a template for that?

>==============================
>If it does...I cannot find it but XP did.


Me neither. LOL!
>
>FWIW...MS Digital Image Suite includes
>a large collection of printing templates
>including one that prints 3 - 4x6s on an
>8.5x11.


I use to use version #10, but didn't reinstall it on Vista since a lot
of the features are duplicated in Photo Gallery.

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: 4x6 pictures on one 8.5x11 sheet
Adam Albright wrote:
> I use to use version #10, but didn't reinstall it on Vista since a lot
> of the features are duplicated in Photo Gallery.

============================
And it has many features that are not
available in Windows Photo Gallery.

FWIW...some users have reported issues
with version 10 when running it on Vista...

The newer...Anniversary Edition...is
optimized for Vista.

Bad news is...MS has discontinued the
Digital Image product line.

Microsoft Digital Image Suite
products are discontinued
http://tinyurl.com/69lmo

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Print 3 4x6 Pic's On One Sheet? Baseman microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 07-03-2007 15:18
spread sheet neil microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 06-29-2007 06:23
IE7 and Property Sheet Jim microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 06-23-2007 15:30
Summary Property Sheet Missing JohnQ microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 06-22-2007 14:52
A New Wireless Power Transmission Sheet Steve General Technology News 0 04-30-2007 19:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120