Windows Photo Gallery won't open

hdted

Windows Photo Gallery won't open
Got new computer and worked O K for about a month. Now when I try to open
Windows Photo Gallery I get a message : C:\Program Files\Windows Photo
Gallery\WindowsPhotoGallery.exe The specified path does not exist
Check the path and try again. Have I lost the program? Any ideas?
Greg

Re: Windows Photo Gallery won't open
Count your blessings. I've had nothing but trouble from it - you're not
missing anything good. Buy Adobe Album instead - at least it doesn't corrupt
data and lose your picture files like Photo Gallery does.

Seriously, if you really want it back, have you simply tried a search for
"WindowsPhotoGallery.exe"? It sounds like you have just somehow moved it
accidentally out of the folder it should be in.

> Got new computer and worked O K for about a month. Now when I try to open
> Windows Photo Gallery I get a message : C:\Program Files\Windows Photo
> Gallery\WindowsPhotoGallery.exe The specified path does not exist
> Check the path and try again. Have I lost the program? Any ideas?

hdted

Re: Windows Photo Gallery won't open
Thanks for the reply Greg. Have tried search but it comes up with nothing.
Any other ideas. I'm thinking of blowing hard drive and restoring system with
recovery discs. Computer is COMPAQ with Vista Home Premium. Came with no
software discs but allows you to make 1 copy of recovery discs which I did.

"Greg" wrote:

> Count your blessings. I've had nothing but trouble from it - you're not
> missing anything good. Buy Adobe Album instead - at least it doesn't corrupt
> data and lose your picture files like Photo Gallery does.
>
> Seriously, if you really want it back, have you simply tried a search for
> "WindowsPhotoGallery.exe"? It sounds like you have just somehow moved it
> accidentally out of the folder it should be in.

Adam Albright

Re: Windows Photo Gallery won't open
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:20:04 -0700, hdted
<hdted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply Greg. Have tried search but it comes up with nothing.
>Any other ideas. I'm thinking of blowing hard drive and restoring system with
>recovery discs. Computer is COMPAQ with Vista Home Premium. Came with no
>software discs but allows you to make 1 copy of recovery discs which I did.

Try a search for 'Windows Photo Gallery'. I just did from the start
button and it launched the application. Note there are spaces between
the words. If you run them together search finds nothing.

If you somehow moved the file, do an advanced search using '.exe' and
it will find all your executables regardless where they are on your
system. This will take some time (minutes) so wait for the search to
complete. I just tried that in the advanced search for .exe returned
Photo Galley.exe and many other files. If you find it move it back to
where it belongs or set up a new shortcut that points to where it
currently is.

hdted

Re: Windows Photo Gallery won't open
Thanks Adam, It found the shortcut but not the program. I guess the program
got deleted somehow