DVD Maker

Cotsy

DVD Maker
When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the error
message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes. It
seems to be OK for JPG's.
Adam Albright

Re: DVD Maker
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 08:16:01 -0700, Cotsy
<Cotsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the error
>message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes. It
>seems to be OK for JPG's.

I'm using Vista Business which Microsoft decided to not include DVD
Maker in so I'm in the dark as to what it is capable of. However I can
tell you to make a standard up to specs DVD the source file needs to
be in MPEG-2 format. So assuming DVD Maker is capable of transcoding
that step must happen first.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker

What's the fault bucket data for that--
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Cotsy" <Cotsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the
> error
> message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes.
> It
> seems to be OK for JPG's.

Kejones02

Re: DVD Maker
I am having the same problem and my "Bucket ID" is
Bucket ID: 346388446

while the "Problem Signature" is as follows:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00003548
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

--
Kejones02

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What's the fault bucket data for that--
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Cotsy" <Cotsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the
> > error
> > message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes.
> > It
> > seems to be OK for JPG's.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker

That looks like you have the Intel audio codec on your system. If you
remove or unregister or uninstall iac25_32.ax from your system, you should
stop crashing.

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Kejones02" <Kejones02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem and my "Bucket ID" is
> Bucket ID: 346388446
>
> while the "Problem Signature" is as follows:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
> Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
> Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00003548
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
> --
> Kejones02
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What's the fault bucket data for that--
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Cotsy" <Cotsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the
>> > error
>> > message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes.
>> > It
>> > seems to be OK for JPG's.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker

Hey: what codec pack did you install to get into this state?

For those not aware, please don't register iac25_32.ax on Vista. You
probably don't have a good reason to be doing that. This here is one side
effect.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Kejones02" <Kejones02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem and my "Bucket ID" is
> Bucket ID: 346388446
>
> while the "Problem Signature" is as follows:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
> Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
> Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00003548
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 8d13
> Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> Additional Information 3: 8d13
> Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>
> --
> Kejones02
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What's the fault bucket data for that--
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Cotsy" <Cotsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the
>> > error
>> > message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes.
>> > It
>> > seems to be OK for JPG's.

bjm

Re: DVD Maker
hi
I am having the same problem with DVD maker. I have searched my system files
and the search result returns 4 references to this file 2 x AX files and 2 x
MUI files - should i just delete them???

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That looks like you have the Intel audio codec on your system. If you
> remove or unregister or uninstall iac25_32.ax from your system, you should
> stop crashing.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Kejones02" <Kejones02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having the same problem and my "Bucket ID" is
> > Bucket ID: 346388446
> >
> > while the "Problem Signature" is as follows:
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
> > Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
> > Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 00003548
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
> >
> > --
> > Kejones02
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What's the fault bucket data for that--
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >> ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD Maker

The files are expected to be present on your system but not registered. If
they are registered, this would cause this. Opening up a cmd.exe prompt
*with administrative privileges* and running:
regsvr32 /u iac25_32.ax
should fix this up.

I would be very very interested in knowing who is doing this registration so
they can be asked politely to stop.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"bjm" <bjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi
> I am having the same problem with DVD maker. I have searched my system
> files
> and the search result returns 4 references to this file 2 x AX files and 2
> MUI files - should i just delete them???
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> That looks like you have the Intel audio codec on your system. If you
>> remove or unregister or uninstall iac25_32.ax from your system, you
>> should
>> stop crashing.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Kejones02" <Kejones02@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having the same problem and my "Bucket ID" is
>> > Bucket ID: 346388446
>> >
>> > while the "Problem Signature" is as follows:
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
>> > Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
>> > Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
>> > Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: 00003548
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 1033
>> > Additional Information 1: 8d13
>> > Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> > Additional Information 3: 8d13
>> > Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
>> >
>> > --
>> > Kejones02

Mbay40

RE: DVD Maker
I have a similar but related problem: I have about 300 pictures and music
tracks I'm trying to make into a movie using AutoMovie in Windows Movie
Maker. However, I'm only able to make a movie as long as only one of the
music tracks. Because the music track is much shorter than the time required
to view all of the pictures most of the pictures do not become part of the
movie. My goal is to be able to make a movie using all of the pictures and
several music tracks. Can't figure out how to do this. I do not experience
this problem when making a slide show. In a slide show I can view all of the
pictures using several different music tracks. In the movie I get only some
of the pictures and only one of the music tracks. Can anyone help?
--
Mbay40

"Cotsy" wrote:

> When I try to add videos (AVI in this case) to movie maker, I get the error
> message "Windows DVD maker has stopped working" and the program closes. It
> seems to be OK for JPG's.

Adam Albright

Re: DVD Maker
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:34:01 -0700, Mbay40
<Mbay40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a similar but related problem: I have about 300 pictures and music
>tracks I'm trying to make into a movie using AutoMovie in Windows Movie
>Maker. However, I'm only able to make a movie as long as only one of the
>music tracks. Because the music track is much shorter than the time required
>to view all of the pictures most of the pictures do not become part of the
>movie. My goal is to be able to make a movie using all of the pictures and
>several music tracks. Can't figure out how to do this. I do not experience
>this problem when making a slide show. In a slide show I can view all of the
>pictures using several different music tracks. In the movie I get only some
>of the pictures and only one of the music tracks. Can anyone help?

I guess people get tired of me telling them how crude Movie Maker is.

See the little plus sign next to video if you have timeline view set?
Click the + and a new track gets added called audio/music.

First import all the songs you want to use. You can't for reasons only
known to Microsoft drop any kind of file directly on the timeline. You
need to first select the files then import them. Then drag them to the
timeline once imported. Once you have the first song on the
audio/music track, the next one should automatically get added after
the first. If not, move the scrubber to advance on the timeline then
try again.

I just tried this and it works. I added only three images spanning 9
seconds, then added two songs spanning almost five minutes. The audio
played to end long past where the images were, so should be no trouble
adding more images to fill in the rest.

Do professional video editors do this? Of course not. Vista breaks
Windows' own rules and prevents drag and drop. Dumb is as dumb does.