call me stupid but..,

luci

call me stupid but..,
i burned a dvd from movie maker using nero and the video is fine but has no
sound? i tried to find answer in posted questions and even tried to contact
support at nero but they had me going in circles and i couldnt keep up,please
help!
--
luci
Graham Hughes

Re: call me stupid but..,
What did you out put from MM?
A dv-avi or wmv?
Did this have sound?
What settings did you choose in Nero?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"luci" <luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i burned a dvd from movie maker using nero and the video is fine but has no
> sound? i tried to find answer in posted questions and even tried to
> contact
> support at nero but they had me going in circles and i couldnt keep
> up,please
> help!
> --
> luci

luci

Re: call me stupid but..,
it was a wmv and yes it had sound as for what settings in nero?shoot i dont
even know! im sorry im so new at all this that i guess i just got lucky i was
even able to record a dvd! i just chose 'record your own dvd' then clicked on
burn, i didnt even go to settings area i guess thats the problem its just so
overwhelming!i tried to go back and check but nero would not even open that
file1 it said please choose a nero file or disc image file .if im beyond
help i understand but thanks so much for your reply!
--
lucinda.g

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What did you out put from MM?
> A dv-avi or wmv?
> Did this have sound?
> What settings did you choose in Nero?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "luci" <luci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i burned a dvd from movie maker using nero and the video is fine but has no
> > sound? i tried to find answer in posted questions and even tried to
> > contact
> > support at nero but they had me going in circles and i couldnt keep
> > up,please
> > help!
> > --
> > luci

Graham Hughes

Re: call me stupid but..,
For best quality always save your movies as dv-avi in movie maker
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...SaveDV-AVI.htm

Use this to import into nero, as it has better compatibility.

I don't use nero, so I can only point to their tutorials for more help on
how to make the dvd.
http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Tutorials.html

Sound going in should mean sound coming out the other end!!

EXCEPT.

Some dvd players won't play mpeg audio, so you need to ensure that the audio
that nero is making on your dvd is either pcm (lpcm) or dolby digital ac3.

Graham