What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito

Dima

What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito
Hello All!
What two head video card can play High Definition video on a secondary
monitor in the extended desktop mode? I saw in MS Knowledge Base and on the
Internet that most of two head video cards reduce speed on the extended
desktop.
Does Windows Vista Media Center run slower on the secondary monitor in the
extended mode?
Is there any video player program which runs on the secondary monitor in the
extended mode as fast as on the primary monitor?
Can anyone run two monitors in the mirror mode in their two different native
resolutions?
How to make Windows Vista Media Center component run on the second monitor
in the extended mode always?
I want to buy a video card with outputs for two monitors and connect its
d-sub output to my HDTV Samsung 32R71B and use it as a secondary monitor in
the Extended mode in its native resolution 1366x768 or 1360x768. The primary
monitor should remain in its native resolution 1280x1024. I want to watch
video files on the 32R71B and control the playback from a remote control.
Which remote control should I buy?
Best regards,
Dima
+79035093892
freddy

RE: What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito
Dima,

If you don't receive a definitive resolution to your query here, try the
following link to a site that has participants specializing in issues such as
you're asking about:

http://www.avsforum.com/

That forum includes people with a lot of knowledge in the HD area, including
viewing HD using a computer.
--
freddy

"Dima" wrote:

> Hello All!
> What two head video card can play High Definition video on a secondary
> monitor in the extended desktop mode? I saw in MS Knowledge Base and on the
> Internet that most of two head video cards reduce speed on the extended
> desktop.
> Does Windows Vista Media Center run slower on the secondary monitor in the
> extended mode?
> Is there any video player program which runs on the secondary monitor in the
> extended mode as fast as on the primary monitor?
> Can anyone run two monitors in the mirror mode in their two different native
> resolutions?
> How to make Windows Vista Media Center component run on the second monitor
> in the extended mode always?
> I want to buy a video card with outputs for two monitors and connect its
> d-sub output to my HDTV Samsung 32R71B and use it as a secondary monitor in
> the Extended mode in its native resolution 1366x768 or 1360x768. The primary
> monitor should remain in its native resolution 1280x1024. I want to watch
> video files on the 32R71B and control the playback from a remote control.
> Which remote control should I buy?
> Best regards,
> Dima
> +79035093892

Dima

RE: What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary mo
Thanks freddy for your reply!
"freddy" wrote:

> Dima,
>
> If you don't receive a definitive resolution to your query here, try the
> following link to a site that has participants specializing in issues such as
> you're asking about:
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/
>
> That forum includes people with a lot of knowledge in the HD area, including
> viewing HD using a computer.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Dima" wrote:
>
> > Hello All!
> > What two head video card can play High Definition video on a secondary
> > monitor in the extended desktop mode? I saw in MS Knowledge Base and on the
> > Internet that most of two head video cards reduce speed on the extended
> > desktop.
> > Does Windows Vista Media Center run slower on the secondary monitor in the
> > extended mode?
> > Is there any video player program which runs on the secondary monitor in the
> > extended mode as fast as on the primary monitor?
> > Can anyone run two monitors in the mirror mode in their two different native
> > resolutions?
> > How to make Windows Vista Media Center component run on the second monitor
> > in the extended mode always?
> > I want to buy a video card with outputs for two monitors and connect its
> > d-sub output to my HDTV Samsung 32R71B and use it as a secondary monitor in
> > the Extended mode in its native resolution 1366x768 or 1360x768. The primary
> > monitor should remain in its native resolution 1280x1024. I want to watch
> > video files on the 32R71B and control the playback from a remote control.
> > Which remote control should I buy?
> > Best regards,
> > Dima
> > +79035093892

Steve B

RE: What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito
I am using a gforce 8600 . it works great but I do not think you will have
good luck in extended mode because it wants you to use the same resolution on
both monitors. I use either/or. Extended mode on any of the cards is not
great unless the monitors are the same . The nvidia software allows you to
resize the desktop on your HDTV.

I am having some minor problems though RE: support question

I am running a Gforce 8600 (MSI build) on a Windows Vista Platform. I
have downloaded the most current driver and I am currently using it. The new
overscan compensation is great. Here my question to you. I am not a gamer
but I am using this computer to run a Home Theatre . Windows Media Player as
well as the major other DVD players all have Horizontal line noise on my HDTV
(only when playing a DVD). The only software DVD player I can get to run a
good picture is DVD X Player. DVD X Player does not support DTS digital audio
but (hard to believe) Windows Media Player does. I am not getting a whole
lot of help from MSI and Microsoft would want me to pay to report the
problem.
It's interesting to me that "DVD X" can write a software thast works on my
flat panel as well as my HDTV but windows Media player and the others that
use some of it's resources do not work. Anyway if you know of anybody or
anywhere I might find some information about my problem I would greatly
appreciate it.

Works Great other than this. which would not bother most people. My card is
MSI build and comes with two DVI and component dongle.