Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic

KitKat

Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
Hi i have the fallowing.

*Vista Ultamate.
*ATI Radeon X1650.
*3 Gigs of PC3200.
*Athlon 64 3200+
*GYGABYE KN8SNXP (or somthing like that) motherboard.

*I had realplayer installed before i upgraded all my other programs work fine.
I Read here that realplayer is laggy for alot of ppl. But i have never heard
of it shifting down to basic mode. (Ususaly when making it full screen.)

*I have the latest drivers
*Ive reinstalled it.
*Ive even tried the beta for realplayer 11.
*I have tried the "realplayer alternate" as well.

*Sometimes it will will keep areo on but when i use fullscreen option it
will shift down to windows basic. I seem to have the power the videos arent
that slugish but like others in the forum they seem to be. I have just never
read about anyone having it shift into basic all a sudden. "Anyone else?" did
you fix, it if so how?

- Thanx for the read.

Greg

Re: Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
I have found that QuickTime does the same (with Vista Home Premium), and so
does Adobe Acrobat. They are all non-MS products and don't seem to like Aero
for some reason. QuickTime is particularly annoying because it puts itself
in the Startup folder and runs at startup so Aero is turned off straight
away. I keep taking it out of the Startup folder but every now and then it
puts itself back in without being asked.

If you take Real Player out of the Startup programs at least it won't do it
all the time. You just have to put up with it turning Vista to basic mode
while it's running I think, until RealPlayer (and/or MS) get their act
together.

"KitKat" <KitKat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i have the fallowing.
>
> *Vista Ultamate.
> *ATI Radeon X1650.
> *3 Gigs of PC3200.
> *Athlon 64 3200+
> *GYGABYE KN8SNXP (or somthing like that) motherboard.
>
> *I had realplayer installed before i upgraded all my other programs work
> fine.
> I Read here that realplayer is laggy for alot of ppl. But i have never
> heard
> of it shifting down to basic mode. (Ususaly when making it full screen.)
>
> *I have the latest drivers
> *Ive reinstalled it.
> *Ive even tried the beta for realplayer 11.
> *I have tried the "realplayer alternate" as well.
>
> *Sometimes it will will keep areo on but when i use fullscreen option it
> will shift down to windows basic. I seem to have the power the videos
> arent
> that slugish but like others in the forum they seem to be. I have just
> never
> read about anyone having it shift into basic all a sudden. "Anyone else?"
> did
> you fix, it if so how?
>
> - Thanx for the read.

KitKat

Re: Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
My quicktime and wmp all work gre8 i think they are version specific
glitches... I know people who dont have the problem in either so its strange
to me. my quicktime does not go to basic and i never have any of that stuff
start up with the computer i use wmp for all cept qt and rm. they worked fine
for me before. I didnt love to two but its essential to web, and the
alternatives really do nothing to fix the prob or impress me further since i
only use them for playback. Alright was just wondering if i was alone, its
one of my last majior program "imcompatability" issues. Never heard in forums
of it switching down for anyone else just lag and i guess now i have.
KitKat

RE: Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
i justtttt got an email for the new real player and you know what they seemd
to have fixed it.

Thanx to all who read.

The new realplayer is availible at_______
*http://www.real.com

KitKat

Re: Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
They just fixed it RIGHT when fourmed it hehehehe
no more shift down from areo glass.

The new real player is at______
*http://www.real.com

Thanx greg, and to all who read.
KitKat

RE: Realplayer Shifts Vista Ult into Basic
Just a followup
The video seeking (for some formats) is still rather laggy for files that
you already have localy stored on your computer. So thats really disapointing
in a way but it no longer jumps out of areo for me so thats a plus.