Network Printing - Windows Photo gallery

JRS

Network Printing - Windows Photo gallery
Hello,
I'm running Home Premium. I have two printers set up. A B&W laser on a USB
port connected to the computer and a networked Colour Laser (HP2600n).
Both are shared, are seen in Control Panel and work fine.
When I try and print through Windows Photo Gallery the networked colour
printer is not an option? There is just the XPS document writer and the B&W
Laser!

What am I missing?

Thanks.
Alan

RE: Network Printing - Windows Photo gallery
I have exactly the same problem. Windows Photo Gallery does not see the same
printers as Control Panel. If I try to install a new printer from Photo
Gallery, it gives me an error saying driver not found.

Any answers out there?

"JRS" wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running Home Premium. I have two printers set up. A B&W laser on a USB
> port connected to the computer and a networked Colour Laser (HP2600n).
> Both are shared, are seen in Control Panel and work fine.
> When I try and print through Windows Photo Gallery the networked colour
> printer is not an option? There is just the XPS document writer and the B&W
> Laser!
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.

terkin

Re: Network Printing - Windows Photo gallery

Same problem too - why should Windows Photo Gallery (WPG) not give one
the option to send a document to any of your installed printers. In my
case, I have only an HP laserjet 1010 printer installed and it is neatly
excluded from the WPG print device list, so I am forced to send every
document to be a "written" document via the Microsoft XPS Document
Writer, thence find the xps file, doubleclick to open it in IE7 and
perform the print job to the printer which ought to have been available
in the first place.

Not very good thinking Mr Microsoft.

Like the other forum answer seekers I too would like to see a response
to sort this out......

--
terkin
John Inzer

terkin wrote:
> Same problem too - why should Windows Photo Gallery (WPG) not give one
> the option to send a document to any of your installed printers. In my
> case, I have only an HP laserjet 1010 printer installed and it is
> neatly excluded from the WPG print device list, so I am forced to
> send every document to be a "written" document via the Microsoft XPS
> Document Writer, thence find the xps file, doubleclick to open it in
> IE7 and perform the print job to the printer which ought to have been
> available in the first place.
>
> Not very good thinking Mr Microsoft.
>
> Like the other forum answer seekers I too would like to see a response
> to sort this out......

=======================================
FWIW...The following links from the HP Support
website indicate that your HP LaserJet 1010 is
not currently supported in Vista.

HP LaserJet 1010
http://tinyurl.com/34g4ru

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2093

HP LaserJet and Color LaserJet Products -
Products Supported Soon in Microsoft Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/ys4jny

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...e=c008116 73#

--

John Inzer