How can I play a Burned DVD on my DVD Player

Richard

How can I play a Burned DVD on my DVD Player
Hello Everybody,
Finally I manage to burn some DVDs but now they will not play on my DVD
connected to my everyday TV here. Ohh Vista is something.

My DVD player has the Windows Media logo which indicates it it can playback
WMA data so long as it has been encoded using Windows Media Player 8 or less
or Windows Media player for Windows Xp. Could the preceding sentence be the
cause of my woes?

More importantly can anybody out there help with the solution to this
problem of mine.

Thanks in advance
John Inzer

Re: How can I play a Burned DVD on my DVD Player
Richard wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> Finally I manage to burn some DVDs but now they will not play on my
> DVD connected to my everyday TV here. Ohh Vista is something.
>
> My DVD player has the Windows Media logo which indicates it it can
> playback WMA data so long as it has been encoded using Windows Media
> Player 8 or less or Windows Media player for Windows Xp. Could the
> preceding sentence be the cause of my woes?
>
> More importantly can anybody out there help with the solution to this
> problem of mine.
>
> Thanks in advance

I guess you are aware that .wma is an
Audio format?

If you have music files in the .wma format
you may be able to create a simple Data
CD and the DVD player might play it.

If you are interested in Video...that's another
story. For that...you need DVD authoring
software. Examples are, Nero, Roxio, ULead,
WinDVD Creator, ProShow Gold, Etc....

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Richard

Re: How can I play a Burned DVD on my DVD Player
Thanks John for your response, perhaps I should have added I burn the DVD
using Roxio and am using a HP Multimedia PC. Any more ideas on resolving this
anyone.

Thanks in adavnce.

Richard wrote:
> Thanks John for your response, perhaps I should have added I burn the
> DVD using Roxio and am using a HP Multimedia PC. Any more ideas on
> resolving this anyone.
>
> Thanks in adavnce.

============================
The question remains...are you trying
to create a DVD with .wma sound files?

Why waste a DVD for something a CD
can do? You can burn a Music CD with
Windows Media Player.

And BTW...some free standing DVD
players will not play homemade disks
regardless of what the manual says.

And...sometimes the type of DVD is
important... DVD-R, DVD+R...personally
I've had better success with DVD-R.

I'm not saying to buy the following blanks
but they work good for me.

Verbatim DVD-R 16X
http://tinyurl.com/y59z9e

--