Windows Photo Gallery Problem

rgregl

Windows Photo Gallery Problem
I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two
Vista machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a
BFGTech 7950 card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo
Gallery seems to have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker,
including the panels on either side of the photo display which which appear
yellow on the desktop but are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge
base was a problem displaying in Direct X, and it suggests a registry
change to force it to go to GDI. No difference. Any sugestions?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem
Some people have had luck with Control Panel > Color Management and changing
their color profile. Is there an ICC color profile available for your monitor?

"rgregl" <rgregl@rgregl.com> wrote in message
>I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two Vista
>machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a BFGTech 7950
>card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo Gallery seems to
>have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker, including the panels on
>either side of the photo display which which appear yellow on the desktop but
>are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge base was a problem displaying
>in Direct X, and it suggests a registry change to force it to go to GDI. No
>difference. Any sugestions?

Gumball Pro

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem
I'm having the same issue. Started with a Samsung Monitor driver update.
Playing with the color management doesn't seem to fix. What is the kb #?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Some people have had luck with Control Panel > Color Management and changing
> their color profile. Is there an ICC color profile available for your monitor?
>

> "rgregl" <rgregl@rgregl.com> wrote in message
> >I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two Vista
> >machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a BFGTech 7950
> >card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo Gallery seems to
> >have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker, including the panels on
> >either side of the photo display which which appear yellow on the desktop but
> >are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge base was a problem displaying
> >in Direct X, and it suggests a registry change to force it to go to GDI. No
> >difference. Any sugestions?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem
ICC profile?
You would have to go to the Samsung site to get the profile.
Did the driver update install a profile? Did it create a directory? If so the
profile might be there, and you can use Control Panel > Color Management to set
it as your default profile.

"Gumball Pro" <Gumball Pro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same issue. Started with a Samsung Monitor driver update.
> Playing with the color management doesn't seem to fix. What is the kb #?
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Some people have had luck with Control Panel > Color Management and changing
>> their color profile. Is there an ICC color profile available for your
>> monitor?
>>

>> "rgregl" <rgregl@rgregl.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two
>> >Vista
>> >machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a BFGTech
>> >7950
>> >card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo Gallery seems to
>> >have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker, including the panels on
>> >either side of the photo display which which appear yellow on the desktop
>> >but
>> >are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge base was a problem
>> >displaying
>> >in Direct X, and it suggests a registry change to force it to go to GDI.
>> >No
>> >difference. Any sugestions?

JerzyMarian

RE: Windows Photo Gallery Problem
Try use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile. I had the same problem. My card is Radeon
1950X and monitor Samsung SyncMaster 205BW, VISTA Ultimate, 2GB RAM.
--
JerzyMarian

"rgregl" wrote:

> I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two
> Vista machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a
> BFGTech 7950 card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo
> Gallery seems to have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker,
> including the panels on either side of the photo display which which appear
> yellow on the desktop but are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge
> base was a problem displaying in Direct X, and it suggests a registry
> change to force it to go to GDI. No difference. Any sugestions?

beBoy

RE: Windows Photo Gallery Problem
It's not a RGB issue, as I could use Office Picture Manager and it displays
the photo in the right colour. I also have "white" background in explorer
when compared to the yellow-tint background in Windows Photo Gallery side by
side.

"JerzyMarian" wrote:

> Try use sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile. I had the same problem. My card is Radeon
> 1950X and monitor Samsung SyncMaster 205BW, VISTA Ultimate, 2GB RAM.
> --
> JerzyMarian
>

> "rgregl" wrote:
>
> > I have been having an issue with Windows Phota Gallery on one of my two
> > Vista machines. My Dell Laptop works fine, but my Dell Desktop with a
> > BFGTech 7950 card is having problems displaying photos properly. Photo
> > Gallery seems to have an overall yellow tint and is therefore darker,
> > including the panels on either side of the photo display which which appear
> > yellow on the desktop but are white on the laptop. The issue in knowledge
> > base was a problem displaying in Direct X, and it suggests a registry
> > change to force it to go to GDI. No difference. Any sugestions?

WAGrunge

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem

Actually, I was having the exact same issue, with the same monitor, and
after having changed the profile to the IEC61966-2.1, the problem was
resolved.

--
WAGrunge

PhotographersUnited.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem fixed by Michael
Michael has an answer, that worked erfectly for me on both of my new machines.

Windows Vista Photo Gallery - Yellowish Color Problem - FIXED!!!

Thanks for your advice, Michael.

Paul
Eggbrook

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem

I was just having this problem yesterday but I fixed it on my Samsung
216bw Syncmaster by uninstalling and deleting its driver then the color
was correct again. I suggest everyone should try that.

--
Eggbrook
nu2vistax64

Re: Windows Photo Gallery Problem

See this post: 'When you view an image in Windows Photo Gallery on a
Windows Vista-based computer, the image is yellow'
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939395)
This fixed my issue (yellowish tint).

--
nu2vistax64