Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista

Tygger2512

Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista
I'm running WMP 11 on Windows Vista and I'm having problems doing anything
with the library. When I enter new CD information in the Wizard and click
Finish no changes are recorded. When I look at my options there are no
monitored folders, and when I manually add a monitored folder the folder is
forgotten as soon as I close the dialog.

Any Advice?

Andy Mason
George K

RE: Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista
Unfortunately, I am experiencing exactly the same, combined with an awful
quality deterioration of sound, plus an application that remains open as a
process each time I close the PC without closing WMP first.

I am afraid that these are too many problems for a non-beta version.

Please, gentlemen from Microsoft. Give us a solution.

"Tygger2512" wrote:

> I'm running WMP 11 on Windows Vista and I'm having problems doing anything
> with the library. When I enter new CD information in the Wizard and click
> Finish no changes are recorded. When I look at my options there are no
> monitored folders, and when I manually add a monitored folder the folder is
> forgotten as soon as I close the dialog.
>
> Any Advice?
>
> Andy Mason

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista

If you reset your library, does it then work as expected--
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary
?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Tygger2512" <Tygger2512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running WMP 11 on Windows Vista and I'm having problems doing anything
> with the library. When I enter new CD information in the Wizard and click
> Finish no changes are recorded. When I look at my options there are no
> monitored folders, and when I manually add a monitored folder the folder
> is
> forgotten as soon as I close the dialog.
>
> Any Advice?
>
> Andy Mason

CMoreWindows

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista

Unfortunately, I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I have called
microsoft as well as my computer manufacturer and neither have any help....
one told me to try a wipe and re-install...

> > I'm running WMP 11 on Windows Vista and I'm having problems doing anything
> > with the library. When I enter new CD information in the Wizard and click
> > Finish no changes are recorded. When I look at my options there are no
> > monitored folders, and when I manually add a monitored folder the folder
> > is forgotten as soon as I close the dialog.

Any Advice?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Media Player 11 Library Problems on Windows Vista

Resetting your library--
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#medialibrary
should fix you up then.

--