Media player

Mary

Media player
Having recorded songs from cds to media player, I noticed that almost all
songs start skipping at apprx 3 minute mark for about 5 seconds and then
return to normal. Is there something I can do to fix this and prevent it in
the future? Please post all replies in simple dummy terms. Thanks.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Media player
Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?

Have you gone to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback Devices, highlight Speakers,
Properties tab, and disabled all enhancements? This apparently works for many
users with Sigma Tel audio adapters.

"Mary" <mary@donotacceptspam.com> wrote in message
> Having recorded songs from cds to media player, I noticed that almost all
> songs start skipping at apprx 3 minute mark for about 5 seconds and then
> return to normal. Is there something I can do to fix this and prevent it in
> the future? Please post all replies in simple dummy terms. Thanks.

Mary

Re: Media player
Thank you so much. That worked. Thanks for the step by step directions.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?
>
> Have you gone to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback Devices, highlight Speakers,
> Properties tab, and disabled all enhancements? This apparently works for many
> users with Sigma Tel audio adapters.
>

> "Mary" <mary@donotacceptspam.com> wrote in message
> > Having recorded songs from cds to media player, I noticed that almost all
> > songs start skipping at apprx 3 minute mark for about 5 seconds and then
> > return to normal. Is there something I can do to fix this and prevent it in
> > the future? Please post all replies in simple dummy terms. Thanks.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media player
You're welcome.

Seems like all the audio adapter manufacturers are having problems. We'll all
just have to wait until the kinks are worked out.

"Mary" <mary@donotacceptspam.com> wrote in message
newsCBEC422-7444-45C5-8AD7-CD1A25251952@microsoft.com...
> Thank you so much. That worked. Thanks for the step by step directions.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?
>>
>> Have you gone to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback Devices, highlight
>> Speakers,
>> Properties tab, and disabled all enhancements? This apparently works for
>> many
>> users with Sigma Tel audio adapters.
>>

>> "Mary" <mary@donotacceptspam.com> wrote in message
>> > Having recorded songs from cds to media player, I noticed that almost all
>> > songs start skipping at apprx 3 minute mark for about 5 seconds and then
>> > return to normal. Is there something I can do to fix this and prevent it in
>> > the future? Please post all replies in simple dummy terms. Thanks.

Pierre Gagnon

Re: Media player
Hi,

I had the same issue except it happened in the last minute of the song. Your
tip seems to have resolved this issue.

Thanks a lot!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?
>
> Have you gone to Control Panel > Sounds > Playback Devices, highlight Speakers,
> Properties tab, and disabled all enhancements? This apparently works for many
> users with Sigma Tel audio adapters.
>

> "Mary" <mary@donotacceptspam.com> wrote in message
> > Having recorded songs from cds to media player, I noticed that almost all
> > songs start skipping at apprx 3 minute mark for about 5 seconds and then
> > return to normal. Is there something I can do to fix this and prevent it in
> > the future? Please post all replies in simple dummy terms. Thanks.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media player
You're welcome.
Good to hear it.
Hopefully, soon ALL the sound card adapter manufacturer's will have fully
functional/fully featured drivers and applications.