Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Class not Registered

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2007
eldonstuhr
 

Posts: n/a
Class not Registered
Purchased a new computer several weeks ago with Vista. In Movie Maker each
time I try to import a video into the library I get the message window "Class
not Registered", and not being able to import videos makes it difficult to
make movies. I've scoured other forums over the last few weeks and about the
only advice I've been given is to re-register certain dll files and download
and install SP2 which probably won't do much for WMM 6.0. I've spent many,
many hours trying to make this work and am about ready to hang it up and try
another program, but thought I'd give it a final shot here for other possible
suggestions and I'd be much appreciative for them.


--
eldon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Class not Registered

What video files are you trying to import that cause a Class Not Registered
error? Do AVI files cause this? What about MPEG? What about WMV?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"eldonstuhr" <eldonstuhr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C451FF75-0181-4106-80FE-0CCC3A4CACAC@microsoft.com...
> Purchased a new computer several weeks ago with Vista. In Movie Maker
> each
> time I try to import a video into the library I get the message window
> "Class
> not Registered", and not being able to import videos makes it difficult to
> make movies. I've scoured other forums over the last few weeks and about
> the
> only advice I've been given is to re-register certain dll files and
> download
> and install SP2 which probably won't do much for WMM 6.0. I've spent many,
> many hours trying to make this work and am about ready to hang it up and
> try
> another program, but thought I'd give it a final shot here for other
> possible
> suggestions and I'd be much appreciative for them.
>
>
> --
> eldon



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
eldonstuhr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Class not Registered
Thanks for responding. Yes, 90% of my video files are avi files but I just
did try an wmv and it to gave the same non-results.
--
eldon


"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> What video files are you trying to import that cause a Class Not Registered
> error? Do AVI files cause this? What about MPEG? What about WMV?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
> "eldonstuhr" <eldonstuhr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C451FF75-0181-4106-80FE-0CCC3A4CACAC@microsoft.com...
> > Purchased a new computer several weeks ago with Vista. In Movie Maker
> > each
> > time I try to import a video into the library I get the message window
> > "Class
> > not Registered", and not being able to import videos makes it difficult to
> > make movies. I've scoured other forums over the last few weeks and about
> > the
> > only advice I've been given is to re-register certain dll files and
> > download
> > and install SP2 which probably won't do much for WMM 6.0. I've spent many,
> > many hours trying to make this work and am about ready to hang it up and
> > try
> > another program, but thought I'd give it a final shot here for other
> > possible
> > suggestions and I'd be much appreciative for them.
> >
> >
> > --
> > eldon

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
eldonstuhr
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Class not Registered
Could it be some non-compatibility with Vista that's giving the problem?
Movie Maker on my older computer running Xp imports those same files without
a problem.
--
eldon


"eldonstuhr" wrote:

> Thanks for responding. Yes, 90% of my video files are avi files but I just
> did try an wmv and it to gave the same non-results.
> --
> eldon
>
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> >
> > What video files are you trying to import that cause a Class Not Registered
> > error? Do AVI files cause this? What about MPEG? What about WMV?
> >
> > --
> > Speaking for myself only.
> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > --
> > "eldonstuhr" <eldonstuhr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:C451FF75-0181-4106-80FE-0CCC3A4CACAC@microsoft.com...
> > > Purchased a new computer several weeks ago with Vista. In Movie Maker
> > > each
> > > time I try to import a video into the library I get the message window
> > > "Class
> > > not Registered", and not being able to import videos makes it difficult to
> > > make movies. I've scoured other forums over the last few weeks and about
> > > the
> > > only advice I've been given is to re-register certain dll files and
> > > download
> > > and install SP2 which probably won't do much for WMM 6.0. I've spent many,
> > > many hours trying to make this work and am about ready to hang it up and
> > > try
> > > another program, but thought I'd give it a final shot here for other
> > > possible
> > > suggestions and I'd be much appreciative for them.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > eldon

> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MySpace asked for names of registered sex offenders Paul Security News 0 05-16-2007 02:34
Device manager - "Class not registered" =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-21-2007 19:42
Device manager - "class not registered" =?Utf-8?B?U2hhdW4=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 04-06-2007 22:16
Change the registered owner of your PC BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 04-04-2007 22:29
Registered Owner Guy Thomas microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-22-2007 23:35




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120