cannot see picture thumbnails

shadycheese

cannot see picture thumbnails
i can't see the pictures when i go to the folder where they are ... they just
have the standerd gif, jpeg,.... pictures not the thumbnails... even when i
change it to view thumbnails it didnt work, but the pictures do work and can
be viewed when i open them up under the picture view

respond quickly plz!
thanks
Popehring

RE: cannot see picture thumbnails
I am having the same problem. When I first installed Vista a couple months
ago, I had no problems seeing thumbnails....then I starting getting these
Nero error messages, and ever since, I can no longer view picture or video
thumbnails....I cant for the life of me figure out why. Please, does anyone
know how to fix this problem.

P.S. Nero is no longer installed on my machine, and I still cannot view
thumbnails.
Barb Bowman

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Daniel

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails

CANNOT VIEW ANY THUMBNAILS IN WIDOWS EXPLORER USING WINDOWS VISTA
ULTIMATE. THIS USED TO WORK BUT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. THE IMAGES BEGIN
TO OPEN THEN REVERT TO AN IMAGE PLACEHOLDER ICON. CHANGING THE ICON SIZE
DOES NOT CHANGE OR RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. THIS OCCURS IN ALL MY PICTURE
FILES REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF IMAGES IN THE FILE, TYPE OF IMAGES, EDITED
OR UNEDITED, ETC. THERE ARE REGISTRY FIXES FOR THIS IDENTICAL ISSUE FOR
OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS BUT I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING FOR VISTA. IT IS
REPORTED THAT THIS ISSUE COULD OCCUR WHEN UNINSTALLING SOFTWARE, THOUGH
I HAVE NOT RECENTLY UNINSTALLED ANYTHING. I USE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, AND
SAVE ALL IMAGES AS JPEG. HELP!! THANKS.

--
Daniel
Barb Bowman

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails
please stop shouting in all CAPS.

try system restore to a date where it was working.

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:24:55 -0600, Daniel
<Daniel.32kerz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>CANNOT VIEW ANY THUMBNAILS IN WIDOWS EXPLORER USING WINDOWS VISTA
>ULTIMATE. THIS USED TO WORK BUT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. THE IMAGES BEGIN
>TO OPEN THEN REVERT TO AN IMAGE PLACEHOLDER ICON. CHANGING THE ICON SIZE
>DOES NOT CHANGE OR RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. THIS OCCURS IN ALL MY PICTURE
>FILES REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF IMAGES IN THE FILE, TYPE OF IMAGES, EDITED
>OR UNEDITED, ETC. THERE ARE REGISTRY FIXES FOR THIS IDENTICAL ISSUE FOR
>OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS BUT I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING FOR VISTA. IT IS
>REPORTED THAT THIS ISSUE COULD OCCUR WHEN UNINSTALLING SOFTWARE, THOUGH
>I HAVE NOT RECENTLY UNINSTALLED ANYTHING. I USE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, AND
>SAVE ALL IMAGES AS JPEG. HELP!! THANKS.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Daniel

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails

Thank you Barb. System restore has been attempted but did not work. I
have no problem with images on my laptop, also running Vista Ultimate,
only on the HP desktop.

--
Daniel
IWantXPBack

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails
Just to add a more subdued comment on this issue...

I am having the same problem, and there is no restore point to return to
because this has been happening since the day I recieved this Lenovo laptop
with Vista Business pre-installed.

The issue is that viewing *Networked* folders containing only images very
often involves all of the thumbnails loading correctly, one by one, and then
simultaneously reverting to the generic "sea and mountainscape" placeholder
image once the entire set of visible icons has finished loading.

When you hit F5 to refresh, all visible thumbnails reload -- showing their
actual contents -- but then revert again to the placeholder once all have
loaded. I have only tested this with JPG images.

This does not happen with local folders on my own machine, only networked
folders.

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> please stop shouting in all CAPS.
>
> try system restore to a date where it was working.
>
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:24:55 -0600, Daniel
> <Daniel.32kerz@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
>

> >CANNOT VIEW ANY THUMBNAILS IN WIDOWS EXPLORER USING WINDOWS VISTA
> >ULTIMATE. THIS USED TO WORK BUT DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE. THE IMAGES BEGIN
> >TO OPEN THEN REVERT TO AN IMAGE PLACEHOLDER ICON. CHANGING THE ICON SIZE
> >DOES NOT CHANGE OR RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. THIS OCCURS IN ALL MY PICTURE
> >FILES REGARDLESS OF NUMBER OF IMAGES IN THE FILE, TYPE OF IMAGES, EDITED
> >OR UNEDITED, ETC. THERE ARE REGISTRY FIXES FOR THIS IDENTICAL ISSUE FOR
> >OTHER VERSIONS OF WINDOWS BUT I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING FOR VISTA. IT IS
> >REPORTED THAT THIS ISSUE COULD OCCUR WHEN UNINSTALLING SOFTWARE, THOUGH
> >I HAVE NOT RECENTLY UNINSTALLED ANYTHING. I USE ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, AND
> >SAVE ALL IMAGES AS JPEG. HELP!! THANKS.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP

Barb Bowman

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails
did you try the fix from
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx
?

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
trinityjr

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails

I am a newbie at editing the windows registry. How do I apply this
fix.

Thank you.

--
trinityjr
trinityjr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38753

http://forums.techarena.in

Barb Bowman

Re: cannot see picture thumbnails
use at your own risk:

copy all the text in red to the clipboard

paste into a new notepad file. save with a .reg extension to
something like "fixthumb.reg"

then double click it

--

Barb Bowman