burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11

SingleAction

burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11
In my library, I drag albums into the burn list in the order I want to hear
them, but wmp 11always changes the order. I've looked at all the options
settings, but can't find a cure. Am I missing something?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11

How is it changing the order? In the burn list or on the CD itself? Is
this a data or an audio CD?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my library, I drag albums into the burn list in the order I want to
> hear
> them, but wmp 11always changes the order. I've looked at all the options
> settings, but can't find a cure. Am I missing something?

SingleAction

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11
I found out after I posted, that the burn list is in the correct order, but
it changes on the cd. This is mp-3's on a data cd. If I play the cd in any
other player capable of playing mp-3's, the play list is out of it's original
order.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> How is it changing the order? In the burn list or on the CD itself? Is
> this a data or an audio CD?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In my library, I drag albums into the burn list in the order I want to
> > hear
> > them, but wmp 11always changes the order. I've looked at all the options
> > settings, but can't find a cure. Am I missing something?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11

That's probably because your data CD player is sorting by name as opposed to
your order. You would either have to rename the files to match the sort
criteria used by your playback device or otherwise device some way to match
the sort criteria your data device is using. =\

--

>I found out after I posted, that the burn list is in the correct order, but
> it changes on the cd. This is mp-3's on a data cd. If I play the cd in any
> other player capable of playing mp-3's, the play list is out of it's
> original
> order.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> How is it changing the order? In the burn list or on the CD itself? Is
>> this a data or an audio CD?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In my library, I drag albums into the burn list in the order I want to
>> > hear
>> > them, but wmp 11always changes the order. I've looked at all the
>> > options
>> > settings, but can't find a cure. Am I missing something?

SingleAction

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11
hi zachd ! Thanks for all the help, but how do you change what is already in
the wmp library? I thought the convenience was to click and drag the albums
from the library to the burn list in the order you wanted it to burn and
play, not so!

When I was using Easy Media Creator to burn mp-3 cd's, i never had this
problem with any mp-3 player, only Vista, and wmp 11. After spending all this
money on Vista Ultimate, It looks like I'm going to have to buy the latest
version of Easy Media Creator(9), that will run on Vista. I'm surprised that
nobody else has this problem with wmp 11!
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That's probably because your data CD player is sorting by name as opposed to
> your order. You would either have to rename the files to match the sort
> criteria used by your playback device or otherwise device some way to match
> the sort criteria your data device is using. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I found out after I posted, that the burn list is in the correct order, but
> > it changes on the cd. This is mp-3's on a data cd. If I play the cd in any
> > other player capable of playing mp-3's, the play list is out of it's
> > original
> > order.
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> How is it changing the order? In the burn list or on the CD itself? Is
> >> this a data or an audio CD?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11

Did EMC rename the files on the data CD? You could probably check an old
disc to verify. I don't believe WMP has any options to do that. WMP does
put a WPL or M3U (you can choose) on the data disc, though, so if your
player supports those, it could use that ordering.

There's an arguable loss (proper name) if you rename the file... WMP just
decided to avoid the issue by not doing that, AFAIK.

--
news6B17C2F-90FA-42B7-9B12-04D044EEF24E@microsoft.com...
> hi zachd ! Thanks for all the help, but how do you change what is already
> in
> the wmp library? I thought the convenience was to click and drag the
> albums
> from the library to the burn list in the order you wanted it to burn and
> play, not so!
>
> When I was using Easy Media Creator to burn mp-3 cd's, i never had this
> problem with any mp-3 player, only Vista, and wmp 11. After spending all
> this
> money on Vista Ultimate, It looks like I'm going to have to buy the latest
> version of Easy Media Creator(9), that will run on Vista. I'm surprised
> that
> nobody else has this problem with wmp 11!
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> That's probably because your data CD player is sorting by name as opposed
>> your order. You would either have to rename the files to match the sort
>> criteria used by your playback device or otherwise device some way to
>> match
>> the sort criteria your data device is using. =\
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I found out after I posted, that the burn list is in the correct order,
>> >but
>> > it changes on the cd. This is mp-3's on a data cd. If I play the cd in
>> > any
>> > other player capable of playing mp-3's, the play list is out of it's
>> > original
>> > order.

Jive

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11
Hi ! No you're not alone !!! I have the same problem and I'm starting to
wondering if i am not going to change this vista media player 11 stuff
against a mac... I don't know what else to try to make him burn my tracks dvd
in order...

Did you finaly find a solution ????

"SingleAction" wrote:

> hi zachd ! Thanks for all the help, but how do you change what is already in
> the wmp library? I thought the convenience was to click and drag the albums
> from the library to the burn list in the order you wanted it to burn and
> play, not so!
>
> When I was using Easy Media Creator to burn mp-3 cd's, i never had this
> problem with any mp-3 player, only Vista, and wmp 11. After spending all this
> money on Vista Ultimate, It looks like I'm going to have to buy the latest
> version of Easy Media Creator(9), that will run on Vista. I'm surprised that
> nobody else has this problem with wmp 11!
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

> > That's probably because your data CD player is sorting by name as opposed to
> > your order. You would either have to rename the files to match the sort
> > criteria used by your playback device or otherwise device some way to match
> > the sort criteria your data device is using. =\
> >
> > --
> > Speaking for myself only.
> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> > --
> >
> > "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I found out after I posted, that the burn list is in the correct order, but
> > > it changes on the cd. This is mp-3's on a data cd. If I play the cd in any
> > > other player capable of playing mp-3's, the play list is out of it's
> > > original
> > > order.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11

How was Roxio establishing the playback order on a data CD? That's not
intrinsic, TMK - were they using a playlist? I believe you can have WMP
burn a playlist to the disc too... perhaps your playback device only
supports special playlist formats... ?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Jive" <Jive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ! No you're not alone !!! I have the same problem and I'm starting to
> wondering if i am not going to change this vista media player 11 stuff
> against a mac... I don't know what else to try to make him burn my tracks
> dvd
> in order...
>
> Did you finaly find a solution ????
>
> "SingleAction" wrote:
>
>> hi zachd ! Thanks for all the help, but how do you change what is already
>> in
>> the wmp library? I thought the convenience was to click and drag the
>> albums
>> from the library to the burn list in the order you wanted it to burn and
>> play, not so!
>>
>> When I was using Easy Media Creator to burn mp-3 cd's, i never had this
>> problem with any mp-3 player, only Vista, and wmp 11. After spending all
>> this
>> money on Vista Ultimate, It looks like I'm going to have to buy the
>> latest
>> version of Easy Media Creator(9), that will run on Vista. I'm surprised
>> that
>> nobody else has this problem with wmp 11!
>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>>

>> > That's probably because your data CD player is sorting by name as
>> > opposed to
>> > your order. You would either have to rename the files to match the
>> > sort
>> > criteria used by your playback device or otherwise device some way to
>> > match
>> > the sort criteria your data device is using. =\
>> >
>> > --
>> > Speaking for myself only.
>> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> > rights.
>> > --
>> >
>> > "SingleAction" <SingleAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message

EDC02

Re: burning tracks in preferred order in wmp 11
zachd.........don't ever leave this site WE NEED YOU!!

LOL