Vista Media Centre display

John Boyle

Vista Media Centre display
The TV picture displayed on my 16 x 9 lcd monitor does not fill the screen in
any mode (4 x 3 or 16 x 9). There is a 3-5 cm black border around the image.
Nvidia and MC are both set at 1440 x 900 because MC fails when trying to set
the picture at the monitor's native resolution of 1680 x 1050.
I would expect the image to fill the dispaly horizontally or vertically
dependant upon the aspect ration of the broadcast. Can anyone help?
--
John the Brewer
JW

Re: Vista Media Centre display
Your are seeing the 1440x900 image centered in your 1680x1050 16x10 monitor.
With the Nvidia Vista driver release that you are currently using are you
able to select "Show all Modes" in advanced mode?
"John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The TV picture displayed on my 16 x 9 lcd monitor does not fill the screen
> in
> any mode (4 x 3 or 16 x 9). There is a 3-5 cm black border around the
> image.
> Nvidia and MC are both set at 1440 x 900 because MC fails when trying to
> set
> the picture at the monitor's native resolution of 1680 x 1050.
> I would expect the image to fill the dispaly horizontally or vertically
> dependant upon the aspect ration of the broadcast. Can anyone help?
> --
> John the Brewer

John Boyle

Re: Vista Media Centre display
JW - Thanks for the reply. I can set the the monitor res in Nvidia control
panel to the max native resolution 1680 x 1050. Also in MC I can display all
modes up to this. Even with the Nvidia set to max MC fails if I try to set it
to 1680 x 1050 - it sits with a black screen for 15 secs before it reverts to
the old setting with a failed message. The capture card is Hauppauge PVR150.
I believe I have latest drivers for the hardware. Any ideas? Thanks - John

--
John the Brewer

"JW" wrote:

> Your are seeing the 1440x900 image centered in your 1680x1050 16x10 monitor.
> With the Nvidia Vista driver release that you are currently using are you
> able to select "Show all Modes" in advanced mode?
> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The TV picture displayed on my 16 x 9 lcd monitor does not fill the screen
> > in
> > any mode (4 x 3 or 16 x 9). There is a 3-5 cm black border around the
> > image.
> > Nvidia and MC are both set at 1440 x 900 because MC fails when trying to
> > set
> > the picture at the monitor's native resolution of 1680 x 1050.
> > I would expect the image to fill the dispaly horizontally or vertically
> > dependant upon the aspect ration of the broadcast. Can anyone help?
> > --
> > John the Brewer

JW

Re: Vista Media Centre display
Is your PC desktop resolution also set to 1680x1050?
What release of the NVIDIA drivers are you using from the Nvidia Website?

> JW - Thanks for the reply. I can set the the monitor res in Nvidia control
> panel to the max native resolution 1680 x 1050. Also in MC I can display
> all
> modes up to this. Even with the Nvidia set to max MC fails if I try to set
> it
> to 1680 x 1050 - it sits with a black screen for 15 secs before it reverts
> the old setting with a failed message. The capture card is Hauppauge
> PVR150.
> I believe I have latest drivers for the hardware. Any ideas? Thanks - John
>
> --
> John the Brewer
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Your are seeing the 1440x900 image centered in your 1680x1050 16x10
>> monitor.
>> With the Nvidia Vista driver release that you are currently using are you
>> able to select "Show all Modes" in advanced mode?
>> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The TV picture displayed on my 16 x 9 lcd monitor does not fill the
>> > screen
>> > in
>> > any mode (4 x 3 or 16 x 9). There is a 3-5 cm black border around the
>> > image.
>> > Nvidia and MC are both set at 1440 x 900 because MC fails when trying
>> > set
>> > the picture at the monitor's native resolution of 1680 x 1050.
>> > I would expect the image to fill the dispaly horizontally or vertically
>> > dependant upon the aspect ration of the broadcast. Can anyone help?
>> > --
>> > John the Brewer

John Boyle

Re: Vista Media Centre display
Hi JW. I have tried the PC desktop at 1680 x 1050 but MC still fails in
'settings' when I try to set the TV resolution to 1680 x 1050. I am runningg
both PC desktop and MC at 1360 x 765 at the moment. The Nvidia 6150 driver is
version 7.15.11.5818.
Cheers
John
--
John the Brewer

"JW" wrote:

> Is your PC desktop resolution also set to 1680x1050?
> What release of the NVIDIA drivers are you using from the Nvidia Website?
>
> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > JW - Thanks for the reply. I can set the the monitor res in Nvidia control
> > panel to the max native resolution 1680 x 1050. Also in MC I can display
> > all
> > modes up to this. Even with the Nvidia set to max MC fails if I try to set
> > it
> > to 1680 x 1050 - it sits with a black screen for 15 secs before it reverts
> > the old setting with a failed message. The capture card is Hauppauge
> > PVR150.
> > I believe I have latest drivers for the hardware. Any ideas? Thanks - John
> >
> > --
> > John the Brewer
> >

> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Your are seeing the 1440x900 image centered in your 1680x1050 16x10
> >> monitor.
> >> With the Nvidia Vista driver release that you are currently using are you
> >> able to select "Show all Modes" in advanced mode?

JW

Re: Vista Media Centre display
You might try the recently released 58.24 drivers.
Also your 6150 card may not have the GPU horsepower and/or onboard memory
required to support 1680x1050.
> Hi JW. I have tried the PC desktop at 1680 x 1050 but MC still fails in
> 'settings' when I try to set the TV resolution to 1680 x 1050. I am
> runningg
> both PC desktop and MC at 1360 x 765 at the moment. The Nvidia 6150 driver
> is
> version 7.15.11.5818.
> Cheers
> John
> --
> John the Brewer
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Is your PC desktop resolution also set to 1680x1050?
>> What release of the NVIDIA drivers are you using from the Nvidia Website?
>>
>> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > JW - Thanks for the reply. I can set the the monitor res in Nvidia
>> > control
>> > panel to the max native resolution 1680 x 1050. Also in MC I can
>> > display
>> > all
>> > modes up to this. Even with the Nvidia set to max MC fails if I try to
>> > set
>> > it
>> > to 1680 x 1050 - it sits with a black screen for 15 secs before it
>> > reverts
>> > the old setting with a failed message. The capture card is Hauppauge
>> > PVR150.
>> > I believe I have latest drivers for the hardware. Any ideas? Thanks -
>> > John
>> >
>> > --
>> > John the Brewer

John Boyle

Re: Vista Media Centre display
58.24 install fails - Vista appears to detect an incompatible game
installation. Had to re-install 58.18.
The Nvidia 6150 is onboard an asus m2npv-vm mobo with 32mb shared memory.
System has 3gb memory. Perhaps I need to buy a better Graphics card!
--
John the Brewer

"JW" wrote:

> You might try the recently released 58.24 drivers.
> Also your 6150 card may not have the GPU horsepower and/or onboard memory
> required to support 1680x1050.
> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi JW. I have tried the PC desktop at 1680 x 1050 but MC still fails in
> > 'settings' when I try to set the TV resolution to 1680 x 1050. I am
> > runningg
> > both PC desktop and MC at 1360 x 765 at the moment. The Nvidia 6150 driver
> > is
> > version 7.15.11.5818.
> > Cheers
> > John
> > --
> > John the Brewer
> >

> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Is your PC desktop resolution also set to 1680x1050?
> >> What release of the NVIDIA drivers are you using from the Nvidia Website?

JW

Re: Vista Media Centre display
If you have a PCI-e slot then I recommend the new NVIDIA 8500gt. There are
many models of it available. I have the following one.

> 58.24 install fails - Vista appears to detect an incompatible game
> installation. Had to re-install 58.18.
> The Nvidia 6150 is onboard an asus m2npv-vm mobo with 32mb shared memory.
> System has 3gb memory. Perhaps I need to buy a better Graphics card!
> --
> John the Brewer
>

> "JW" wrote:
>
>> You might try the recently released 58.24 drivers.
>> Also your 6150 card may not have the GPU horsepower and/or onboard memory
>> required to support 1680x1050.
>> "John Boyle" <JohnBoyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi JW. I have tried the PC desktop at 1680 x 1050 but MC still fails in
>> > 'settings' when I try to set the TV resolution to 1680 x 1050. I am
>> > runningg
>> > both PC desktop and MC at 1360 x 765 at the moment. The Nvidia 6150
>> > driver
>> > is
>> > version 7.15.11.5818.
>> > Cheers
>> > John
>> > --
>> > John the Brewer

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Media Centre display
In another group, I read that the 158.24 installation will fail with that
message if you use the International download, but that the US downloaded driver
will install without that error.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!