No sound from youtube only

Chris Knight

No sound from youtube only
I have Vista, have 5 user accounts, everything was fine until about a month
ago when youtube (and only youtube) audio stopped playing when in user
account #1 (all other accounts allowed YT audio to play). Just a couple of
days ago, I noticed that I cannot get audio to play on YT on account #2. I
tried YT tech support, no solution. I did a system restore, reinstalled flash
player, sacrificed a small goat & nothing! It has to be a setting that I am
inadvertently changing in the individual user accounts on my machine. YT
audio still plays fine on other user accounts. Audio from other sites (google
video, revver, etc) still plays fine on all accounts.
James Baxter

RE: No sound from youtube only
I am having the same problems. No sound with youtube. I get sound with
everything else.

"Chris Knight" wrote:

> I have Vista, have 5 user accounts, everything was fine until about a month
> ago when youtube (and only youtube) audio stopped playing when in user
> account #1 (all other accounts allowed YT audio to play). Just a couple of
> days ago, I noticed that I cannot get audio to play on YT on account #2. I
> tried YT tech support, no solution. I did a system restore, reinstalled flash
> player, sacrificed a small goat & nothing! It has to be a setting that I am
> inadvertently changing in the individual user accounts on my machine. YT
> audio still plays fine on other user accounts. Audio from other sites (google
> video, revver, etc) still plays fine on all accounts.

Andybeacon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No sound from youtube only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
I have Vista, have 5 user accounts, everything was fine until about a month
ago when youtube (and only youtube) audio stopped playing when in user
account #1 (all other accounts allowed YT audio to play). Just a couple of
days ago, I noticed that I cannot get audio to play on YT on account #2. I
tried YT tech support, no solution. I did a system restore, reinstalled flash
player, sacrificed a small goat & nothing! It has to be a setting that I am
inadvertently changing in the individual user accounts on my machine. YT
audio still plays fine on other user accounts. Audio from other sites (google
video, revver, etc) still plays fine on all accounts.
I had a similar prob, was on YT one day and it crashed and then when I went back on it there was no sound. Did all the things you did and to no avail. Now maybe you did this already cos its a very basic thing really, but in my defense I dont know how it was activated; so on the bottom right of the taskbar is a volume icon, click on it and there is a mixer link, this shows the volume for the speakers, windows and internet. When i found this, the internet was on mute, dont how it happened, maybe i opened too many videos at once and it automatically activated it but its fixed now anyways! Hope thats what your problem is! If not im sure i look a complete tool cos its not rocket science in fairness!