Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive

beamone

Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
desktop.
It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never recognizes
there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or explorer.
The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
burning them?

I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
--
Barry
www.beamalarm.com
Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
How did you manage to "uninstall & reinstall Media Player 11"?

"beamone" <beamone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
> desktop.
> It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never recognizes
> there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or explorer.
> The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> burning them?
>
> I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> --
> Barry
> www.beamalarm.com

beamone

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
Add/ Remove Programs
Select Add/ Remove Window Componants on the left.
Uncheck Media Player
--
Barry
www.beamalarm.com

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> How did you manage to "uninstall & reinstall Media Player 11"?
>

> "beamone" <beamone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
> > desktop.
> > It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never recognizes
> > there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or explorer.
> > The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> > player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> > burning them?
> >
> > I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> > --
> > Barry
> > www.beamalarm.com

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
Media Player is not is my list of Windows features (Vista Ultimate).

> Add/ Remove Programs
> Select Add/ Remove Window Componants on the left.
> Uncheck Media Player
> --
> Barry
> www.beamalarm.com
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> How did you manage to "uninstall & reinstall Media Player 11"?
>>

>> "beamone" <beamone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
>> > desktop.
>> > It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never
>> > recognizes
>> > there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or
>> > explorer.
>> > The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
>> > player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
>> > burning them?
>> >
>> > I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
>> > --
>> > Barry
>> > www.beamalarm.com

Hoot

"beamone" wrote:

> I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
> desktop.
> It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never recognizes
> there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or explorer.
> The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> burning them?
>
> I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> --
> Barry
> www.beamalarm.com

Hoot

RE: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
I am having the same trouble. No matter how many disks I put in it still
tells me to insert a blank disk. Please help!! it is driving me nuts

"beamone" wrote:

> I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media center
> desktop.
> It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never recognizes
> there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or explorer.
> The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> burning them?
>
> I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> --
> Barry
> www.beamalarm.com

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive

This shouldn't be in the Vista newsgroup since it's XP-specific -
microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player would be a better newsgroup for you.

Presumably you have Roxio Drag To Disc turned on - anything that lets you
treat the CD as a physical hard drive will break WMP's burning. But the XP
groups would know more about than the Vista groups. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
"beamone" <beamone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media
>center
> desktop.
> It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never
> recognizes
> there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or
> explorer.
> The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> burning them?
>
> I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> --
> Barry
> www.beamalarm.com

jessica_m23

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
I have Vista Home Premium and I'm having similar problems. When I want to
burn a c.d. windows media player and media center can not detect there is a
blank disc. BUT! When my computer goes to sleep and I turn it back on, the
auto play prompt will appear and only then will any media player detect the
blank disc. I've checked the disc drive and it says it is working properly,
which is somewhat true. This is more of an annoyance than anything.

I've tried reading different help solutions but to no avail. Any
suggestions? I will say I do not know a whole lot about computers, not when
it comes to this.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> This shouldn't be in the Vista newsgroup since it's XP-specific -
> microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player would be a better newsgroup for you.
>
> Presumably you have Roxio Drag To Disc turned on - anything that lets you
> treat the CD as a physical hard drive will break WMP's burning. But the XP
> groups would know more about than the Vista groups. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "beamone" <beamone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to burn a playlist to CD on media player 11 on a xp media
> >center
> > desktop.
> > It keeps asking for a blank disk. I have tried several & it never
> > recognizes
> > there is a disk in the drive. The burner works when I use Roxio or
> > explorer.
> > The drive has the latest drivers & I have uninstalled & reinstalled media
> > player 11. Any ideas? Is there a better program for making playlists &
> > burning them?
> >
> > I am doing the exact same thing with my Vista Laptop & it burns correctly.
> > --
> > Barry
> > www.beamalarm.com

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player 11 does not recognize DVD Drive
Have you gone to Control Panel (Classic view) > AutoPlay and checked the options
for a Blank CD and a Blank DVD?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!