dvd burning

bear32

dvd burning
I have downloaded several movies off of mp3 rocket pro. I have tried to burn
them to watch them on TV. no playback available pops up on the home dvd
player. how do i get to see the movies i burn on tv?
Buellpilot

Re: dvd burning
They need to be in a format that a DVD player can play.
i.e. not just a data DVD with AVI files on them, unless
you have a DVD player that can play DivX files etc.

Otherwise you need to convert the videos to a complaint MPEG2
format and author the DVD properly for video playback.

What type of video files have you downloaded?

"bear32" <bear32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have downloaded several movies off of mp3 rocket pro. I have tried to
>burn
> them to watch them on TV. no playback available pops up on the home dvd
> player. how do i get to see the movies i burn on tv?

buick1

Re: dvd burning
I have a sony dvd player. I have tried converting my videos from camera to
mpeg 1 and 2 and wmv files and the dvd player shows error and does not play.
What can I do?

"Buellpilot" wrote:

> They need to be in a format that a DVD player can play.
> i.e. not just a data DVD with AVI files on them, unless
> you have a DVD player that can play DivX files etc.
>
> Otherwise you need to convert the videos to a complaint MPEG2
> format and author the DVD properly for video playback.
>
> What type of video files have you downloaded?
>

> "bear32" <bear32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have downloaded several movies off of mp3 rocket pro. I have tried to
> >burn
> > them to watch them on TV. no playback available pops up on the home dvd
> > player. how do i get to see the movies i burn on tv?

Adam Albright

Re: dvd burning
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:00:01 -0700, buick1
<buick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a sony dvd player. I have tried converting my videos from camera to
>mpeg 1 and 2 and wmv files and the dvd player shows error and does not play.
>What can I do?

Just converting to MPEG-2 only makes the files compliant. You still
have to made them DVD readable. If you made a project in Movie Maker
AND have either the Ultimate or Home Premium versions then those
versions of Vista also comes with DVD Maker. That's what you need to
use or a third party application.

Try this:

Stick one of the DVDs you made in your computer then look at it in
Windows Explorer. What does it show?

If it only shows files like any other folder all you've done probably
is make a data disc.

A proper DVD should have the following format:

Two folders

Audio_ts
Video_ts

The Audio folder should remain empty. The video folder will have many
files typically VTS and BUP. If not you didn't really "burn" the DVD.