Photo Gallery Problem

craigy1012000

Photo Gallery Problem
When i try to open a picture i get this message-
This picture can,t be displayed. You mightnot have enough memory available.
Close some programs or,if your hard disc is almost full,free some disc space
and try again
I have nothing running and have plenty memory and disc space.(iI can open
them with any other program, Photoshop etc)
Can anyone please help?.
Thanks in advance
Craig
--
KEEP IT SIMPLE
ONE DAY AT A TIME
Alsajoso

RE: Photo Gallery Problem
I am having exactly the same issue...

"craigy1012000" wrote:

> When i try to open a picture i get this message-
> This picture can,t be displayed. You mightnot have enough memory available.
> Close some programs or,if your hard disc is almost full,free some disc space
> and try again
> I have nothing running and have plenty memory and disc space.(iI can open
> them with any other program, Photoshop etc)
> Can anyone please help?.
> Thanks in advance
> Craig
> --
> KEEP IT SIMPLE
> ONE DAY AT A TIME

Kilrbose

RE: Photo Gallery Problem
Add me to the list.

"Alsajoso" wrote:

> I am having exactly the same issue...
>
> "craigy1012000" wrote:
>
> > When i try to open a picture i get this message-
> > This picture can,t be displayed. You mightnot have enough memory available.
> > Close some programs or,if your hard disc is almost full,free some disc space
> > and try again
> > I have nothing running and have plenty memory and disc space.(iI can open
> > them with any other program, Photoshop etc)
> > Can anyone please help?.
> > Thanks in advance
> > Craig
> > --
> > KEEP IT SIMPLE
> > ONE DAY AT A TIME

Deshroom

Re: Photo Gallery Problem

Are any news in this topic ?

I have same story after 1 day of using fresh installation, im not sure
it can be reason of problem but i installed nero8 justr before i spoted
problem.

funny is that i can open pictures not only in any other picture viewer
as pain even but if I press fullscreen view in Photo Gallery there is no
problems too.

Problems appear only in Photo Gallery main preview window

--
Deshroom
Aimen

Re: Photo Gallery Problem
I have the same problem and can find no help/cure for it. If you click on the
slide show it works perfectly so just the main part.

I have 2x 320Gb HDD's and 2Gb ram so space is not an issue just the
program.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"Deshroom" wrote:

> Are any news in this topic ?
>
> I have same story after 1 day of using fresh installation, im not sure
> it can be reason of problem but i installed nero8 justr before i spoted
> problem.
>
> funny is that i can open pictures not only in any other picture viewer
> as pain even but if I press fullscreen view in Photo Gallery there is no
> problems too.
>
> Problems appear only in Photo Gallery main preview window
>

> --
> Deshroom

Practical Computing Solutions

Re: Photo Gallery Problem

Same problem here. The preview window is somehow broken. For some people
that might be an inconvenience but I must have it because my chiropractic
software uses it.
Deshroom

Re: Photo Gallery Problem

solution is above your post - just read it

--
Deshroom

-AMD X2 4200+ (939 Toledo)-
-KINGMAX 2048 MB @ 400 (Dual 4 x 512 MB) CL 2.5 (MPXC22F-D8KT4R)-
-GeForce 8800 GTS EVGA 320MB TV & 2x DVI (PCI-E) SuperClocked-
-MSI K8N SLI-F (MS-7185)-
-CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX-
-Enlight EN-4105-
-22" Hyundai N220Wd-
-Windows Vista x86 Ultimate-
-nForce 15.01-
-nVIDIA ForceWare Drivers for Windows Vista (32-bit) 163.71 Beta-
david

Re: Photo Gallery Problem
I'm new to the group. Is the solution you indicated in the Windows Live post ?
I'm having the same problem with the memory error when viewing Canon RAW
files. JPEG's are fine.
Thanks

"Deshroom" wrote:

> solution is above your post - just read it
>

> --
> Deshroom
>
> -AMD X2 4200+ (939 Toledo)-
> -KINGMAX 2048 MB @ 400 (Dual 4 x 512 MB) CL 2.5 (MPXC22F-D8KT4R)-
> -GeForce 8800 GTS EVGA 320MB TV & 2x DVI (PCI-E) SuperClocked-
> -MSI K8N SLI-F (MS-7185)-
> -CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX-
> -Enlight EN-4105-
> -22" Hyundai N220Wd-
> -Windows Vista x86 Ultimate-
> -nForce 15.01-
> -nVIDIA ForceWare Drivers for Windows Vista (32-bit) 163.71 Beta-

John

Re: Photo Gallery Problem
I am having the same issue. Was there an update that broke this? I am using
AVG for my antivirus, and it has not detected any "malformed" .jpg files, so
that is not the issue. And it does it on all graphics formats.

John

"david" wrote:

> I'm new to the group. Is the solution you indicated in the Windows Live post ?
> I'm having the same problem with the memory error when viewing Canon RAW
> files. JPEG's are fine.
> Thanks
>

> "Deshroom" wrote:
>

> > solution is above your post - just read it
> >

> > --
> > Deshroom
> >
> > -AMD X2 4200+ (939 Toledo)-
> > -KINGMAX 2048 MB @ 400 (Dual 4 x 512 MB) CL 2.5 (MPXC22F-D8KT4R)-
> > -GeForce 8800 GTS EVGA 320MB TV & 2x DVI (PCI-E) SuperClocked-
> > -MSI K8N SLI-F (MS-7185)-
> > -CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX-
> > -Enlight EN-4105-
> > -22" Hyundai N220Wd-
> > -Windows Vista x86 Ultimate-
> > -nForce 15.01-
> > -nVIDIA ForceWare Drivers for Windows Vista (32-bit) 163.71 Beta-

tom4349

Re: Photo Gallery Problem

yes, for me, it was an update. After switching to the generic windows
monitor pnp driver, which fixed the issue (THANK YOU!!!!), I remember
that a couple days ago, I had installed an optional update for my model
monitor, thanks to it showing up on liveupdate. That was about the time
i noticed the issue, so there ya go.

--
tom4349