jvc import video to vista

budstundra

jvc import video to vista
I bought a new factory installed vista and cannot import video from my 4 year
old JVC digital camcorder. It recognizes it, firewire connected but will not
import either in a Pinnacle program or Windows movie maker. JVC said it may
not be vista compatible, what is a person to do, buy another new camera????
Any suggestions?
rwh

Re: jvc import video to vista
Do you have a video capture card with S-Video or Composite (Yellow, White &
Red) inputs? If so, that would be the easiest way. Use those connnections
along with a video capture program to capture the video and then import the
video file to Movie Maker.

If you do not have one, they cost a fraction of what a new video camera
would cost.

"budstundra" <budstundra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new factory installed vista and cannot import video from my 4
>year
> old JVC digital camcorder. It recognizes it, firewire connected but will
> not
> import either in a Pinnacle program or Windows movie maker. JVC said it
> may
> not be vista compatible, what is a person to do, buy another new
> camera????
> Any suggestions?

richard

Re: jvc import video to vista
Funny that response from JVC , my camera is older then that and they did not
mention anything about it not been vista compliant. I thought the if the
camera had a DV socket then it should be compliant with firewire and so no
issue. Well as long as microsfot have used the full firewire definition for
the drivers. I actually fif manage to get my camera to import once, but
never again. I'm using a old Xp machine now to import and then do the
manipluation on the vista machine. Well thats until I get a solution to the
firewire problem myself.

Richard
"budstundra" <budstundra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a new factory installed vista and cannot import video from my 4
>year
> old JVC digital camcorder. It recognizes it, firewire connected but will
> not
> import either in a Pinnacle program or Windows movie maker. JVC said it
> may
> not be vista compatible, what is a person to do, buy another new
> camera????
> Any suggestions?

Adam Albright

Re: jvc import video to vista
On Mon, 28 May 2007 20:45:51 +0100, "richard" <shack69@hotpo.com>
wrote:

>Funny that response from JVC , my camera is older then that and they did not
>mention anything about it not been vista compliant. I thought the if the
>camera had a DV socket then it should be compliant with firewire and so no
>issue. Well as long as microsfot have used the full firewire definition for
>the drivers. I actually fif manage to get my camera to import once, but
>never again. I'm using a old Xp machine now to import and then do the
>manipluation on the vista machine. Well thats until I get a solution to the
>firewire problem myself.

It is a VERY common problem for some firewire connections to NOT be
fully 100% IEEE1394 (firewire) compliant. If they're not then you'll
likely have anything from minor to serious problems getting ANY
version of Windows to "see" and/or "control" your camera.

A real pain is this can be a problem at the camera end (rare) or with
the computer's interface card or motherboard or all of the above.

Just for point of reference I'm using Vista 32 bit version and have a
100% compliant firewire connector BUILD-IN to my current motherboard.
Works fine with Vegas, which is a professional grade video editor.
However a previous motherboard while claiming it too had a compliant
firewire connector did not and trying to capture video with it was a
nightmare with constant dropped frames.

My solution for the second machine was to purchase a cheap but KNOWN
to be IEEE1394 100% compliant firewire card. I got a SIIG model. Cost
about $20-40 bucks depending on which version and what type of MB
slots you have open. Sure better than the frustration.

BTW, my cameras are all several years old too. Windows should install
a default firewire driver automatically form XPSP1 on up. I've never
heard of any camera that needed to install drivers. As soon as you
plug in the camera you should get two confirmations. A audio ping and
the found new hardware box. If you install a external card you may
have to install it's drivers. Been so long ago, I forgot.

http://www.siig.com/productlist.asp?catid=1

rpratali

Re: jvc import video to vista
I am having similar issues. What model of SIIG firewire card did you find to
be Vista Certified or at lease compatible? Please reply via email to
rpratali@insight.rr.com.

"Adam Albright" wrote:

> On Mon, 28 May 2007 20:45:51 +0100, "richard" <shack69@hotpo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Funny that response from JVC , my camera is older then that and they did not
> >mention anything about it not been vista compliant. I thought the if the
> >camera had a DV socket then it should be compliant with firewire and so no
> >issue. Well as long as microsfot have used the full firewire definition for
> >the drivers. I actually fif manage to get my camera to import once, but
> >never again. I'm using a old Xp machine now to import and then do the
> >manipluation on the vista machine. Well thats until I get a solution to the
> >firewire problem myself.

> It is a VERY common problem for some firewire connections to NOT be
> fully 100% IEEE1394 (firewire) compliant. If they're not then you'll
> likely have anything from minor to serious problems getting ANY
> version of Windows to "see" and/or "control" your camera.
>
> A real pain is this can be a problem at the camera end (rare) or with
> the computer's interface card or motherboard or all of the above.
>
> Just for point of reference I'm using Vista 32 bit version and have a
> 100% compliant firewire connector BUILD-IN to my current motherboard.
> Works fine with Vegas, which is a professional grade video editor.
> However a previous motherboard while claiming it too had a compliant
> firewire connector did not and trying to capture video with it was a
> nightmare with constant dropped frames.
>
> My solution for the second machine was to purchase a cheap but KNOWN
> to be IEEE1394 100% compliant firewire card. I got a SIIG model. Cost
> about $20-40 bucks depending on which version and what type of MB
> slots you have open. Sure better than the frustration.
>
> BTW, my cameras are all several years old too. Windows should install
> a default firewire driver automatically form XPSP1 on up. I've never
> heard of any camera that needed to install drivers. As soon as you
> plug in the camera you should get two confirmations. A audio ping and
> the found new hardware box. If you install a external card you may
> have to install it's drivers. Been so long ago, I forgot.
>
> http://www.siig.com/productlist.asp?catid=1

discipled

Re: jvc import video to vista
I have been searching on the net and the world over to find an answer to my
firewire issue. I recently got a new computer with vista home premium, 2
firewire ports built in. I connect my firewire devices in the first time and
they work, after that nothing. Don't even register on the computer as there.
This is a problem with vista, needing better drivers and so on. I'm having
to have a backup OS xp sp2 on a different drive to be able to capture since I
use video for business.

"rpratali" wrote:

> I am having similar issues. What model of SIIG firewire card did you find to
> be Vista Certified or at lease compatible? Please reply via email to
> rpratali@insight.rr.com.
>
> "Adam Albright" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 28 May 2007 20:45:51 +0100, "richard" <shack69@hotpo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Funny that response from JVC , my camera is older then that and they did not
> > >mention anything about it not been vista compliant. I thought the if the
> > >camera had a DV socket then it should be compliant with firewire and so no
> > >issue. Well as long as microsfot have used the full firewire definition for
> > >the drivers. I actually fif manage to get my camera to import once, but
> > >never again. I'm using a old Xp machine now to import and then do the
> > >manipluation on the vista machine. Well thats until I get a solution to the
> > >firewire problem myself.

> > It is a VERY common problem for some firewire connections to NOT be
> > fully 100% IEEE1394 (firewire) compliant. If they're not then you'll
> > likely have anything from minor to serious problems getting ANY
> > version of Windows to "see" and/or "control" your camera.
> >
> > A real pain is this can be a problem at the camera end (rare) or with
> > the computer's interface card or motherboard or all of the above.
> >
> > Just for point of reference I'm using Vista 32 bit version and have a
> > 100% compliant firewire connector BUILD-IN to my current motherboard.
> > Works fine with Vegas, which is a professional grade video editor.
> > However a previous motherboard while claiming it too had a compliant
> > firewire connector did not and trying to capture video with it was a
> > nightmare with constant dropped frames.
> >
> > My solution for the second machine was to purchase a cheap but KNOWN
> > to be IEEE1394 100% compliant firewire card. I got a SIIG model. Cost
> > about $20-40 bucks depending on which version and what type of MB
> > slots you have open. Sure better than the frustration.
> >
> > BTW, my cameras are all several years old too. Windows should install
> > a default firewire driver automatically form XPSP1 on up. I've never
> > heard of any camera that needed to install drivers. As soon as you
> > plug in the camera you should get two confirmations. A audio ping and
> > the found new hardware box. If you install a external card you may
> > have to install it's drivers. Been so long ago, I forgot.
> >
> > http://www.siig.com/productlist.asp?catid=1

Graham Hughes

Re: jvc import video to vista
Please respond to this.
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...dFirewire.html

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"discipled" <discipled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news2D6BF6C-D6C6-4DC1-A812-C8AFB1607158@microsoft.com...
>I have been searching on the net and the world over to find an answer to my
> firewire issue. I recently got a new computer with vista home premium, 2
> firewire ports built in. I connect my firewire devices in the first time
> and
> they work, after that nothing. Don't even register on the computer as
> there.
> This is a problem with vista, needing better drivers and so on. I'm
> having
> to have a backup OS xp sp2 on a different drive to be able to capture
> since I
> use video for business.
>
> "rpratali" wrote:
>
>> I am having similar issues. What model of SIIG firewire card did you
>> find to
>> be Vista Certified or at lease compatible? Please reply via email to
>> rpratali@insight.rr.com.
>>
>> "Adam Albright" wrote:

>> > It is a VERY common problem for some firewire connections to NOT be
>> > fully 100% IEEE1394 (firewire) compliant. If they're not then you'll
>> > likely have anything from minor to serious problems getting ANY
>> > version of Windows to "see" and/or "control" your camera.
>> >
>> > A real pain is this can be a problem at the camera end (rare) or with
>> > the computer's interface card or motherboard or all of the above.
>> >
>> > Just for point of reference I'm using Vista 32 bit version and have a
>> > 100% compliant firewire connector BUILD-IN to my current motherboard.
>> > Works fine with Vegas, which is a professional grade video editor.
>> > However a previous motherboard while claiming it too had a compliant
>> > firewire connector did not and trying to capture video with it was a
>> > nightmare with constant dropped frames.
>> >
>> > My solution for the second machine was to purchase a cheap but KNOWN
>> > to be IEEE1394 100% compliant firewire card. I got a SIIG model. Cost
>> > about $20-40 bucks depending on which version and what type of MB
>> > slots you have open. Sure better than the frustration.
>> >
>> > BTW, my cameras are all several years old too. Windows should install
>> > a default firewire driver automatically form XPSP1 on up. I've never
>> > heard of any camera that needed to install drivers. As soon as you
>> > plug in the camera you should get two confirmations. A audio ping and
>> > the found new hardware box. If you install a external card you may
>> > have to install it's drivers. Been so long ago, I forgot.
>> >
>> > http://www.siig.com/productlist.asp?catid=1

laz

Re: jvc import video to vista
I have an older model JVC digital video camera Model GR-DVL300EA. when I
first coonected thru firewire the machine is not recognised at all. I have a
Toshiba satelite laptop with VISTA pre installed. I have no problems with XP
on desktop machine. Do you think Microsoft would help with proper
connectivity.
Laz

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> Please respond to this.
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Probl...dFirewire.html
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "discipled" <discipled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news2D6BF6C-D6C6-4DC1-A812-C8AFB1607158@microsoft.com...
> >I have been searching on the net and the world over to find an answer to my
> > firewire issue. I recently got a new computer with vista home premium, 2
> > firewire ports built in. I connect my firewire devices in the first time
> > and
> > they work, after that nothing. Don't even register on the computer as
> > there.
> > This is a problem with vista, needing better drivers and so on. I'm
> > having
> > to have a backup OS xp sp2 on a different drive to be able to capture
> > since I
> > use video for business.
> >
> > "rpratali" wrote:
> >
> >> I am having similar issues. What model of SIIG firewire card did you
> >> find to
> >> be Vista Certified or at lease compatible? Please reply via email to
> >> rpratali@insight.rr.com.

aimes

jvc import video to vista

Hi I am running vista on my computer, and am no longer abale to upload my
videos from my jvc camera through firewire!?? WE just had a baby and all his
videos we still cant see them!!! Id like an alternative solution without
buying another firewire card!? ANy help